It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gentlemen's Clubs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I would like to invite comment/debate on the role, if any, of the international network of gentlemen's clubs in the supposed world governance agenda, or indeed links with secret societies in general.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What 'international network of gentlemens clubs"?

I'll agree that there are mens clubs all over the world. Certainly some people who are varyingly powerful are in some of them. But what 'network', or are you just describing what it'd be like, not alleging that there is an actual named, formal network?

I'd've to say that, considering the motivations of the Bilderberg conference, and Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin's recent suggestion, that people in decision making positions need to have 'safe havens' where they can informally discuss these important issues, outside of the public and overly publicized political arena.

Also, in micro-researching some stuff wrt the Cremation of Care thread, I came across an example of members of the Bohemian Club doing this very sort of thing. Two of the members, at one of the camp-outs, were talking about how recently lots of University professors had been sacked, for political reasons. One of the members was making the case that the academics need to be free to discuss all sorts of possibly unpopular and controversial subjects, and they academia shouldn't be hindered by petty political problems. Apparently this was before those sorts of protections were incorporated.
Of course, I can't say just how influential that conversation was on getting those measures passed. It might've had no effect at all really. People talk about lots of things.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I only mean network in the loosest sense... for example they have reciprocal arrangements with clubs around the world where members can be welcomed... much like masons do, I presume.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As a freemason I would be happy to comment on this, but first I need to know what you mean by 'reciprocal arrangements'.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by agricolahasta
I only mean network in the loosest sense... for example they have reciprocal arrangements with clubs around the world where members can be welcomed... much like masons do, I presume.

For a second, I thought you were insinuating we were running the world with a fist full of one dollar bills, and buying some girl named "Danni" (sorry Infinite
) watered down drinks.

Whew, thought you were really on to something there...

Big Tipper Monkeys, not just for the "Crazy Horse" anymore...

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
As a freemason I would be happy to comment on this, but first I need to know what you mean by 'reciprocal arrangements'.

You scratch my back, I scratch yours?

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Trinityman...I believe theyare meaning that because you are in club A you can also attend meetings/events of club B without actually having to join. Kind of like being allowed access to the VFW because you are a member of the Elks.

Mirthful...that would make our meetings more enjoyable no? Plus getting money for the building fund wouldn't be near as difficult

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ah Ok - I get it. The freemasons, which is a members-only club where you have to be initiated to attend, allows other affiliate-club members of non-masons to attend meetings.

Uh... No.

It doesn't work like that.

I'm afraid you actually have to be a mason to play with us - soooo-reeeee.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
yes by reciprocal arrangement I mean members can get accomodation/food and generally use the facilities of the clubs around the world which theirs has this arrangement with.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by agricolahasta
yes by reciprocal arrangement I mean members can get accomodation/food and generally use the facilities of the clubs around the world which theirs has this arrangement with.

I don't think that is the case. Granted each organization is different, but most (if not all) will require you to have membership with said organization. Recognized Mason's can attend different Lodges other than their home Lodge. But for a Mason to walk in and attend a Moose/Elk/Whatever meeting or vice versa is not the case (unless of course the person is a member of both). So there is no "member of one, member of all" situation.

[edit on 25-4-2005 by Golfie]

top topics

join