It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medvedev: “No one can hide, a global catastrophe is coming”

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani
Did you bother to actually read the summery? Oliver Stone's fondness for President Putin doesn't change documented history.
Here, have some on me:

Interview: history Ukraine-Russia by Jacque Baud, Retired Swiss Military
Here are Baud's credentials - even the briefest research can affirm that he is in no way 'Russian propaganda'...

I worked as strategic intelligence officer in the Swiss Department of Defense, and was in charge of the Warsaw Pact armed forces, including those deployed abroad (such as Afghanistan, Cuba, Angola, etc.) I attended intelligence training in the UK and in the US. Just after the end of the Cold War, I headed for a few years a unit in the Swiss Defense Research and Procurement Agency. During the Rwanda War, because of my military and intelligence background, I was sent to the Democratic Republic of Congo as security adviser to prevent ethnic cleansing in the Rwandan refugee camps.

Then I was assigned to NATO to counter the proliferation of small arms. Switzerland is not a member of the Alliance, but this particular position had been negotiated as a Swiss contribution to the Partnership for Peace with NATO. In 2014, as the Ukraine crisis unfolded, I monitored the flow of small arms in the Donbass. Later, in the same year I was involved in a NATO program to assist the Ukrainian armed forces in restoring their capacities and improving personnel management, with the aim of restoring trust in them.

Follow up Baud interview - Further analysis Ukraine-Russia

And here's an all-American source I've linked to you before, which was most ignorantly ignored by many in that thread:

Larry C Johnson: veteran of the CIA and the State Department’s Office of Counter Terrorism
That link is to only one article (originally written in 2018), in which you will find factual reporting not only of historical Ukraine-Russia events, but also up to date true information, not covered by mainstream media sources.
Mr. Johnson's personal history:

I am a bona fide Son of American Revolutionaries. At least 24 of my ancestors, men and women, fought to free the American Colonies from British rule. Some died for the cause of liberty. Though two and a half centuries have passed since my great grandfathers and grandmothers took up arms, the principles they fought for remain valid and relevant to the 21st Century. This blog is dedicated to the pursuit of truth without regard to partisan advantage. I welcome like minded patriots.

Now, anyone who willfully chooses to remain ignorant, feel free to utterly ignore the above.

Those who are intelligent enough to desire being genuinely informed, happy reading!

Mods: Please note, this post counts as on topic, because all of the above speaks to the progression of events which have led to the situations resulting in the OP of this thread.

edit on 6-5-2024 by lostgirl because: fixing quote

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

I think you missed the point I was making: Putin is a murderous psychopath; he is a serial killer.

A vast majority of us could not even shake hands with a serial killer, let alone ask one to be a godfather to our child.

There is something very wrong with Oliver Stone, and therefore it makes no difference what his summary is. He is a sock puppet for a psychopath.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

This was a regional affair where a part of Ukraine voted to join the Russian Federation.It wanted to join because they wanted a better life than what they were going to get under an american coup.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

This was a regional affair where a part of Ukraine voted to join the Russian Federation.

Pray tell, how did they hold free and fair referendums in active warzones where Russia did not hold 100% sway over the territory?

Some may suggest that's a logistical impossibility, me for instance.

Then there are the 143 UN Votes Against 5 that also condem and call into question the spurious shenanigans presented as the will of the people.

en.wikipedia.org...#:~:text=Much%20of%20the%20population%20had,of%20the%20United%20N ations%20Charter.
edit on 6-5-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Thanks. Ignorant media zombie am I?

I'll watch it now.

Western warmongers?

Russia invaded Ukraine, Medvedev threatens the West with nuclear war and the OP threatens Poland and my country, constantly , and propounds the views of a racist, genocidal, homophobic neo-Nazi bigot.

And I'm a warmonger?

Heyyyy - I never said 'you, personally' were a zombie - and the "warmongers" comment was specifically descriptive of Western mainstream media propagandists -

You're not a member of the media, are you?

Regarding the Oliver Stone documentary - since you found that biased -
- here's a link to an ATS post containing links to genuinely unbiased information sources, who have excellent credentials affirming that they are absolutely not Russian propaganda:

LINK

Dare you to check those out! No rush - take all the time you need, but do let us know if your paradigm shifts!

P.S. Do you know who the bravest men in the world are? The ones brave enough to admit they were wrong.

I don't know about anyone else around here, but it's been a long time since I witnessed a courageous act...

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani
Either you are deflecting, and prefer ignorance to truth -
- or, you have forgotten that the topic at hand is not the producer of that documentary, who shall go nameless here, lest anyone's sensibilities be offended.

If your "reply" was not merely a deflection....

I look forward to reading in your next reply, comments regarding the real history and documented truths presented by impeccably credentialed professionals, contained in the links I provided here:

LINK

No rush - take your time...
...but I'm sure we'll all be very proud to have been a part of a thread wherein was enacted the truly courageous admittance of a paradigm shift from sheeple/propaganda purveyor to individualist Truth warrior!

edit on 6-5-2024 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Does Russia really want to find out what kind of Nuclear defenses the West have? If Putins Nuclear threat is countered, he will have absolutely nothing left... I think he knows this, or atleast his intelligence does. He is playing a risky game even if it is against a mentally feeble US President

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Pray tell, how did they hold free and fair referendums in active warzones where Russia did not hold 100% sway over the territory?

You know what's funny about that comment?

If Russia had 'held' even as much as 51% "sway over the territory", the western propagandized sheeple would be claiming that there couldn't have been "free and fair referendums", because 'those poor Ukrainians were intimidated by the Russians' and 'forced' to vote in favor of joining Russia.

And as far as those 143 UN votes -
- if you look outside the mainstream media propaganda purveyors (avoid Google, it's no conspiracy that they do indeed, do the US DOD's bidding) you can actually find reputable journalists who outline the many ways that the UN has been corrupted by western governments and 'captured' by corporate oligarchs.

In posts above, I've provided two excellent sources of real, true information supported by historical documentation - from those, you should be able to find legitimate references leading to just such esteemed journalists as noted -

- my 'homework' is done for the day.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Onthelowdown

Does Russia really want to find out what kind of Nuclear defenses the West have? If Putins Nuclear threat is countered, he will have absolutely nothing left... I think he knows this, or atleast his intelligence does. He is playing a risky game even if it is against a mentally feeble US President

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   

my 'homework' is done for the day.

and you just got a big ol fat F.

ever heard the name Grikin, and do you realize that the so called vote your talking about didn't take place until May, after he started the war in Donbass in April. he also admitted he and his men forced people to vote for annexation of Crimea and driving them to the poles.

he's now on ol farty's sh@@ list for calling him and his cronies dip sh@@s, who can't run a war.

Referendums on the status of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, parts of Ukraine that together make up the Donbas region, were claimed to have taken place on 11 May 2014 in many towns under the control of the Russian-controlled Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics.[1][2] These referendums intended to legitimise the establishment of the so-called "republics", in the context of the Russian invasion of Crimea and rising pro-Russian unrest in the aftermath of the 2014 Ukrainian Revolution.[2] In addition, a counter-referendum on accession to Dnipropetrovsk Oblast was held in some Ukrainian-controlled parts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts.[3][4][5]

2014 Donbas status referendums

Igor Vsevolodovich Girkin (Russian: И́горь Все́володович Ги́ркин, IPA: [ˈiɡərʲ ˈfsʲevələdəvʲɪdʑ ˈɡʲirkʲɪn];[a] born 17 December 1970),[1] also known by the alias Igor Ivanovich Strelkov (Russian: И́горь Ива́нович Стрелко́в, IPA: [ˈiɡərʲ ɪˈvanəvʲɪtɕ strʲɪlˈkof]), is a Russian army veteran and former Federal Security Service (FSB) officer who played a key role in the Russian annexation of Crimea, and then in the Donbas War as an organizer of militant groups in the Donetsk People's Republic (DPR).[2][3][4]

Girkin admitted responsibility for sparking the Donbas War in eastern Ukraine when, in April 2014, he led a group of armed Russian militants who seized Sloviansk.[5] His role in the siege gained him influence and attention, and he was appointed to the position of Minister of Defense in the Donetsk People's Republic, a puppet state of Russia.[4][6] Girkin was charged with terrorism by Ukrainian authorities.[7] He has also been sanctioned by the European Union, United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, Canada and Switzerland for his leading role in the war in eastern Ukraine.[8][9]

Girkin was dismissed from his position in August 2014, after 298 civilians were killed when Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was shot down by Russian-backed militants. Dutch prosecutors charged Girkin and three others with mass murder,[10][11][12] and issued an international arrest warrant against him.[13] Girkin admits "moral responsibility" but denies pushing the button.[14] On 17 November 2022, Girkin was found guilty for the murder of 298 people, convicted of all charges in absentia, and issued a life sentence.[15]

Girkin is a self-described Russian nationalist. After his service in the war, he returned to Russia in 2014 as a political activist, reportedly calling for the "liberal elite" to be destroyed and be replaced by militarists and securocrats.[16][17]

During the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Girkin regained attention as a milblogger, taking a strong pro-war stance but criticizing the Russian military for what he saw as incompetence and "insufficiency".[18] In October 2022, Girkin briefly joined a volunteer unit fighting against Ukrainian forces.[19] In April 2023, Girkin, alongside some fellow Russian nationalists joined the Club of Angry Patriots, a hardline pro-war group.[20] He began criticizing Vladimir Putin for incompetence and on 21 July 2023 was arrested by Russian authorities on charges of extremism.[21] Girkin was convicted in January 2024 of inciting extremism and sentenced to four years' imprisonment.

Girkin was one of the commanders in Russia's annexation of Crimea, which immediately followed the revolution. In an interview on 22 January 2015, he explained that Russian media falsely portrayed Crimeans as supporting the annexation; Girkin said a majority of the local administration, law enforcement and army were opposed to it.[45][46] Girkin stated that under his command, the rebels "collected" deputies into the chambers, and had to "forcibly drive the deputies to vote [to join Russia]".[46][47] He was also reported to be instrumental in negotiating the 2014 defection of the Ukrainian Navy commander Denis Berezovsky.[48]

Igor Girkin

so if it was done in Crimea what makes you think that the same man that admits to forcing people to vote for annexation there, didn't do it in the Donbass and other regions.

edit on 6-5-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Hello, Sir RussianTroll, my friend!

I have just now seen an article from a truly informed and unbiased American source - which confirms much that you write in the OP of this thread...
Here's a link:

Larry C Johnson veteran of the CIA and the State Department’s Office of Counter Terrorism.

In order to forestall those who scream, 'Russian propaganda' without the slightest justification, here are Mr. Johnson's credentials:

Larry C Johnson is a veteran of the CIA and the State Department’s Office of Counter Terrorism. He is the founder and managing partner of BERG Associates, which was established in 1998. Larry provided training to the US Military’s Special Operations community for 24 years. He has been vilified by the right and the left, which means he must be doing something right.

And here is a bit of his personal history:

I am a bona fide Son of American Revolutionaries. At least 24 of my ancestors, men and women, fought to free the American Colonies from British rule. Some died for the cause of liberty. Though two and a half centuries have passed since my great grandfathers and grandmothers took up arms, the principles they fought for remain valid and relevant to the 21st Century. This blog is dedicated to the pursuit of truth without regard to partisan advantage. I welcome like minded patriots.

Here is a very informative talk that Mr. Johnson had today with Judge Andrew Napolitano on the "Judging Freedom" podcast:

I wish (again) to thank you for all your patience and forbearance in continuing to post on ATS, despite the many belligerent members who insist on entering your threads for no reason other than to display how willfully ignorant they choose to be.

You are genuinely an asset to this forum, and I know there are many of us here who do appreciate the effort it takes for you to compose in Russian and translate to English in order to post each thread -
- and then reverse the process, going back & forth, in order to carry on conversation with us.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Sorry to interrupt all of the warring stuff :
but what do you all figure we could do to move towards peace, and understanding ?

I figure that worldwide, regardless of tribe or nation : everybody just wants to live in peace.

So who are the dickheads calling for war all of the bloody time ?

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I ain't scared, in fact I want to see corrective measure taken to hear the people of novorussyia.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato
Right, I get an "F" despite linking real, highly credentialed, provably unbiased sources - authors of works composed from in depth research and documented historical references -

- and your contribution is two Wikipedia articles(?!?), containing primarily statements from a guy who offers only his own personal claims of 'supposed orders and actions' by the Russian military -

- plus, quotes and references almost entirely made up of well known mainstream media-western propaganda 'mouthpieces'(man, we need a facepalm emoji)

Gee, if I got an "F" and you got a passing grade - well, someone's been very successful at sucking up to the teachers, and it's definitely not me.

Tell you what, you take a deep dive into the excellent sources I've presented in many post this night - including a sampling of the past couple years of Judge Napolitano's (Ukraine-Russia) podcasts...

...and then you come back here, bringing direct quotes from those sources, which testify to your due diligence -
Then, we'll see who deserves that "F"

Ooh, here's a good one:

And here's a summary:

Professor John Mearsheimer is a prominent figure in the field of international relations. Renowned for his realist perspective on global politics, Mearsheimer has made significant contributions to the understanding of international conflicts and foreign policy.

Prof Mearsheimer's analysis of the Ukraine war asserts that the West, particularly the United States and NATO, bears a significant degree of responsibility for the crisis. He argues that the West's expansion into Eastern Europe, including NATO's eastward enlargement, has contributed to Russia's strategic concerns and led to the current tensions.

Judge Andrew P. Napolitano is a distinguished legal expert, author, and television personality. With a career spanning various facets of the legal world, he has made significant contributions to both the field of law and public discourse.

edit on 6-5-2024 by lostgirl because: addendum

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin
Gotta want it first then everyone else will have to too.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Let's 'be pragmatic about this. The USA is run by people that have passed laws that will get you imprisoned if you start to bring them into the conversation. Big Pharma is run by them ,with total immunity to subject the population to a supposed experimental vaccine, the same thing was done in Europe Russia and China.The main economic effort of the American Russian and Chinese taxpayer is being spent on wars which benifit these few individuals, which when they have caused the mayhem will pull out another passport and morph as a citizen of a non beligerent country, all your wealth will disapear with them.That is the Gold and Silver, people have already been convinced it is worthless, at the same time Banks and hedge funds are gathering it as fast as they can, it is all a set up.. All this was planned out years ago and signed off to drop the world population to sustainable levels. So even quoting something as fact from the internet is an imposibility as the internet is a controlled media source.
The powers that be have factually stated that they want Russia cut up in bite sized bits, the only question I have is ...Has Russia gone off script or is it still playing the depopulation game? Or have the promises been made that when the war is over they get a seat at the world government table.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

originally posted by: PrivateAngel

War is stupid because the cycle of violence perpetrated by war leads to more suffering and destruction.

Where are the visionary leaders?

Leaders who want to have a dialogue, and advocate for peaceful solutions.

Ask this question to Western clowns. The times of De Gaulle, unfortunately, are over((((

Hi

Don't forget that Russia also has a responsibility here - please never forget your own responsibility.

The tendency for humans to engage in destructive behavior and war is primitive - understanding each other are the key to fostering a culture of peace, but everybody needs to use their intelligence and understand their part in the solution.

To put it simple, we all must start with ourselves.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   

you can pretend all you want, every thing is documented about Gerkin by other sources other than the wiki which if you look at the reference in the wiki at the bottom of the page it lists about 169 sources from around the world even russian sources.

and if you look at the your links lies they come from a bias nut job apologist and and a liar that stated that the British wire tapped trump, and michelle obuma racist rant video which he admits he never saw and it has not seen the light of day yet, claiming he trusts the five others who said they saw it and talked with others that did, but didn't name names.

i'll take a 169 sources in a wiki over two or three of the kind you linked any day.

oh and by the way Ukraine sure does seem to be holding their own with the weapons that Johnson said would all be destroyed by russia. how long now ain't it about two and a half years?

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   

edit on 7-5-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I dare you! I dare you! I dare you to watch the video, but I know you won't. You can't be budged from your delusions.

Exactly, through their eyes Ukraine can do no wrong, Russian is an aggressor, it's all about a land grab and nothing else, then they start saying "Article 5" and "Nato country" and somehow a big gang of countries that are against Russia isn't a threat to Russia when they are sticking their missles along neighboring countries etc etc

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join