It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another person lights themselves on fire and dies on College campus, happened in Red Deer, Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This wasn't covered by the media much but another guy in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada lit himself on fire and burned to death 3 days ago right on the campus of the College in Red Deer. Red Deer is just over 1 hour from Calgary and is a city of roughly 100, 000. I think this guy lit himself on fire before the guy in New York even did it.

The media's been pretty hush about it from what I can find so online forums said it was politically motivated but I can't see the exact reason, some speculated Palestine/Israel conflict but who knows. These are just a couple sources I've posted and the news article is pretty "hush hush" with what exactly happened but from what I've read (including on Reddit from the r/Red Deer sub-reddit) he did in fact light himself on fire and burnt to death right on the College's campus

www.reddeeradvocate.com...

www.reddit.com...
edit on 21-4-2024 by TheMisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here's another Reddit post from the Red Deer sub-reddit forum about the RCMP confirming the man lit himself on fire and died on the school campus...

www.reddit.com...

Another post with a student from the school and the email they received

www.reddit.com...

What is going on with people committing suicide in one of the most painful possible ways? I don't ever remember hear about people doing this let alone 3 people in a month which started with Aaron Bushnell, the US servicemen, lightning himself on fire in front of the Israeli Embassy in Washington DC.
edit on 21-4-2024 by TheMisguidedAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMisguidedAngel
Hopefully this person didn't have to suffer too much and my thoughts go out to the family and friends.

This comes from your and our media, which talks nonsense into the stupidest people in our society. They then become mentally ill and do such nonsense. Either the press focus more on it now or it was a free rider.

Anyone who kills themselves is not completely mentally fit. Anyone who thinks of making a statement to the world by setting themselves on fire or achieving something proves that.

Just the logic behind it: I'm lighting myself up as a protestant because there are people who aren't empathetic enough for this world, because of them everything goes down the drain -and I'm hoping for a reaction of pity or shock that will change something.

If you, the reader, are reading this and are having suicidal thoughts, please seek help. There are facilities that can help you. We as a society are aware of the problem, which is why such facilities exist to help you sort it out.

edit on 21.4.2024 by Naftalin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Another mentally ill person who didn't get help dies in one of the worst ways possible ... sad.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The last dude was a Berniie Bro.
What's this one's excuse?

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Naftalin
Anyone who kills themselves is not completely mentally fit.

Maybe he identified as fire? He was just mutilating his body so it would fit more with his perceived identity.
Unfortunately, the results of his mutilation caught up with him much faster than most.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Was there a thread about the first guy that did it a couple weeks, Aaron Bushnel?

If there was one, I missed it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Nevermind I found it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-4-2024 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The media didn’t cover this one to much because it didn’t happen anywhere near trump.

That being said, it’s unfortunate that mental illnesses are being ignored.
Feelings are all that matters today..
I feel like a furry
I feel like a man/woman
I don’t feel like either
Call me they/them

Seems harmless enough until they self terminate or go on a killing spree.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In all seriousness, we have a mental health emergency going on, and it's in the "we don't talk about fight club" realm. Nobody wants to shed light on it due to no actual answers being availible. It's possible a large portion of the human population is suffereing from PTSD due to covid threats and scares. Who knows what it takes to push someone who could cope with their stuff over the edge. But there is no answer. No place to go for realistic help.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 02:58 PM
link   
twitter.com...
More here…

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Anyone who kills themselves is not completely mentally fit. Anyone who thinks of making a statement to the world by setting themselves on fire or achieving something proves that.

Just the logic behind it: I'm lighting myself up as a protestant because there are people who aren't empathetic enough for this world, because of them everything goes down the drain -and I'm hoping for a reaction of pity or shock that will change something.

Facts.

I see it maybe a bit more a holeish:

You want the world to change.

Everyone else likes it as is.

You light yourself on fire bc they won't change for you.

You die.

Now they don't have to change for you.

Kinda like the climate protesters that block traffic.
You:

Inconvenience everyone who is going about their day. Do you really think that missing that flight is going to make people happy? Nope. You are making them despise you, so now they won't even listen to you.

Oh, and how gas and oil just got wasted sitting there for 2.5 hours? How much of a carbon foot print is that?

It is seriously a mental illness.

If you, the reader, are reading this and are having suicidal thoughts, please seek help. There are facilities that can help you. We as a society are aware of the problem, which is why such facilities exist to help you sort it out.

I can not agree with you more! Suicide has touched my life more than a few times.

As dark as this world seems, the light in living will beat that darkness back.

And the pain and anguish you leave your family and friends with, never goes away. The unanswered questions. The what if I only hads.

I haven't gone to the secret spot in the woods I shared with a few friends for 28 years. We'd get stoned and drunk and jam all day there.

One of them never left that spot. The night of his funeral was the last night any of us went there. Those of us left got drunk and burned that damned tree to the ground.

Never give up, there is help.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Seems Darwin wins again.

I'm wondering if all these mental issues with our young people today a mix of overmedication for being raised within a fake protected bubble of participation trophies always a winner world to actually finding out they are not the winner they have been told they are all their lives.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

There are many serious and morbid things that I can laugh about, but not someone's suicide.

There is always a lot of suffering behind it and instead of making fun of such people, we should rather offer them help.

No matter what political opinion or gender madness. Irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

There are many serious and morbid things that I can laugh about, but not someone's suicide.

There is always a lot of suffering behind it and instead of making fun of such people, we should rather offer them help.

No matter what political opinion or gender madness. Irrelevant.

Most here would offer an extinguisher if able regardless of who they are.
The pyros political and gender madness is the reason for the firey happenings. They are totally relevant.
Those things need to be addressed in a logical mature manner so these people don’t think lighting up is their only solution.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion
And you think that jokes like the one I responded to actually have something to do with logic, maturity and manners?

You think that if we tease them and make fun of them, that someone will say 'Oh yeah, stupid idea of ​​mine, of course I won't do it.'

You can't be serious now?

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

In no way shape or form was I laughing or making fun of this poor person. I was trying to highlight the growing tendency of dismissing people's mental issues and instead using them for virtue signalling. I might just be ahead of my time here, but the directions things are heading in, I wouldn't be surprised if my sarcasm became a real attitude in 5 years or so.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Struck me like that.

Then everything is clear.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There are those who feel that sacrifice is needed to achieve our goals of peace. We can't just preach it or discuss it. Can't just think about it. Paying a price of sacrifice in the form of a fast is one thing, or maybe donation a dollar or two to a charity, or for that matter donating time in service to others or the entire world.

There once as a man, a buddist monk named Thich Quang Duc . In 1963 he sat himself down in the middle of the street, doused himself with gasoline and lit a match......

This was no exaggeration. When the Vietnamese Buddhist monk Thich Quang Duc burned himself alive on the streets of Saigon on June 11, 1963, it sparked a chain reaction that changed history forever.
His act of protest was on the front page of papers in almost every country. For the first time, the word “Vietnam” was on everyone’s lips when, before that day, most Americans had never even heard of the small southeast Asian nation hidden away on the other side of the world.

allthatsinteresting.com...

This single act did, as this news reports open the eyes and hearts of many young American's to the totalitarian regime of South Vietnam.

Although little changed in the immediate aftermath of Thích Quảng Đức's self-immolation, the match he dropped on himself would ignite the tinderbox that would ultimately lead to the 1963 South Vietnamese coup and the execution of President Ngô Đình Diệm and his brother, Ngô Đình Nhu.

Many would later follow in Thích Quảng Đức's image and set themselves on fire as a protest against the Vietnam War, but these self-immolations actually occurred in the United States, rather than Vietnam. The self-immolations in Vietnam during the Vietnam War, those of Quảng Đức and the many Buddhists who followed suit, were instead used as a protest against the South Vietnamese regime that was violently repressing and discriminating against Buddhists in Vietnam. This is the real reason this Buddhist monk set himself on fire.

www.grunge.com...

While many are willing to dismiss these acts a insanity or useless as they may be, they also can demonstrate an absolute belief in this course of action. While these acts in recent months may be insanity we should not dismiss them out of hand as being so, they may be honest demonstrations of sincerity.

The real problem here, as I see it is not the intent of their sacrifice, but rather, their failure to do it properly. In the case of the monk, his act was not just a solo act. He was surrounded by several hundreds of other monks, one of which poured the gasoline over him while the others chanted. He then, himself, lit the match.

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Why is everyone setting themselves on fire? Is this some sort of new tik tok challenge?

posted on Apr, 21 2024 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am sorry all Religious people but this is again a win for Darwin!

<<   2 >>

join