It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Prof Claims UFOs May Travel to Earth Via Extra Dimensions CERN is Trying to Unlock Them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I don't know how you can expect it to get any more direct, since losing energy is synonymous with changing frequency and the frequency changes due to clock speed changing.
The energy of a photon is given by the formula E=hf where E is the energy, h is Planck's constant, and f is the frequency. The reason the frequency changes is due to clock speed changes, so it doesn't get much more direct than that.
Gravitational redshift is a manifestation of gravitational time dilation:

Gravitational Time Dilation

Gravitational time dilation is closely related to gravitational redshift,[4] in which the closer a body emitting light of constant frequency is to a gravitating body, the more its time is slowed by gravitational time dilation, and the lower (more "redshifted") would seem to be the frequency of the emitted light, as measured by a fixed observer.

But honestly, I have no idea what any of this is supposed do with the topic of this thread. It has nothing to do with the 6 extra curled dimensions of string theory that CERN tried to find and failed, that the thread refers to.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Yeah, i think the professor is blowing smoke.

As to gravitational redshift being a manifestation of gravitational time dilation.

I would have thought while they are connected through the curvature of space-time down to gravity, one doesn't directly cause the other.

Are they not both consequences of general relativity?

You will know more about it than me, Arbitrageur.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

It has nothing to do with the 6 extra curled dimensions of string theory that CERN tried to find and failed, that the thread refers to.

Untestable string theories and requirements for unnecessary interactions with extra dimensions are two of the reasons I believe the Secret Space Program theory has legs.

Not sure how they'd go about undertaking a multi decade psy op. against mainstream physics but given your long standing sig. - wondered if you had any thoughts?

Wheeler and co. knew you couldn't measure time and space as "things" from the inside....where did it all go wrong?

edit on 12-4-2024 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You usually see explanations like this to explain curved trajectories in particle physics.

curved tragectory

At a more fundamental level there may be a purely mathematical explanation of string theory dimensions that just isn't intuitive for the rest of us. There are negative ions and time can run backwards and forwards in the quantum world as long as it doesn't effect tthe more classic causality principles.

posted on Apr, 13 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Anyway string theory and by extension m-theory is so far a dismal failure, because none of the attempts to make predictions about the real world have been successful.

Define "failure"? They say the same about van Gogh but I know a few who still like one or two of his paintings. Point being, we still don't have a Theory of Everything going for us regardless of the marginal progress you've alluded to with the string thong wars.
Which is probably why we'll see topics like this pop up with the usual suspects like Loeb, at least until we do. Might be worth to point that out as well. Looking forward to your thread of dead strings!

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

funny that 40K seems to be the direction we are going
grim dark future where there is only war

and we just spend the rest of our future fighting wars

yeh the immaterium of the warp
now just waiting for all the warp horrors to consume our souls

the emperor protects

posted on Apr, 15 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=27351792]Ophiuchus1[/post

Apparently was Universal
That Shiva depiction does have 18 arms like I thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join