It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile In Chechnya

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 12:27 AM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

From now on, “all musical, vocal and choreographic works” will be subject to the new limits, the region’s Culture Ministry said in a Telegram post. Culture Minister Musa Dadaev was quoted in the post as saying they should be 80 to 116 beats per minute, or BPM.

But what of Wolfie?

At slowest it's listed at EXACTLY 116 BMP. But also listed as 131 BMP and also 156. I Guess they'll have to slow down K-331.

This in a war on Techno and Metal, but effects the classics.

That's pretty narrow range. 80 to 116 BPM.

Goodbye Moonlight Sonata at 69 BPM.

Guess they'll have to 1⅓ time it to get it in range.

I'm not Chechnyan, but this can only end up badly. Maybe like the Sharia Law Metal Heads that claim asylum in the west after being caught with Judas Priest and facing sometimes the death penalty back home.

They're getting kinda Turkmenbashi with this stuff.
edit on 10-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 01:56 AM
link   
They want to control everything in a devoted peon's life to include what hand you use to wipe your butt.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

What about the freaking lezginka? Is this too fast? Too slow? Or just OK? Will they stop dancing it? Damn!

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

A bunch of hilarious things will be banned.

I'm just wondering how the Russians will feel about the majority of The Nutcracker and Swan Lake being banned.

This is just too slow.

They were too hyperfocused on banning techno music.

Still say this ranks alongside, "Only white cars allowed in the capital" in terms of laws.

edit on 10-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I'm just wondering how the Russians will feel about the majority of The Nutcracker and Swan Lake being banned.

They are no more Russians than the fleas on dogskin are a dog. As if Chechen Islamists gave a rat's a** about the Swan Lake.

Theoretically, they should obey the Russian law but this is just the theory. In reality, you have Sharia law and the customary law. And Kadyrov's bloody vendettas against the political opponents.

If you're a woman, then dress modestly and wear a full headscarf or be beaten up. Selling alcohol is significantly reduced, gambling not allowed. And Kadyrov is in favor of polygamy. I wouldn't be surprised if they banned music altogether. It's the tool of the Devil; music and dancing that is. Russia might be a secular state but in Chechnya (and also in most other parts of the North Caucasus) pray, obey and Allahu Akbar.
edit on 10-4-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
They want to control everything in a devoted peon's life to include what hand you use to wipe your butt.

That is to keep one hand clean for picking up food, etc.

Cheers

join