It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dwayne THE ROCK Johnson Says He Won't Endorse Biden Again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

originally posted by: Aliquandro2
Had a convo with a customer at my store the other month. Guy was phishing me about info on the rocks energy drink, if people liked it etc. I gave him my opinion and feedback I'd received, but ended with this guy admitting he was a rep for one of the rock's products, and was of the opinion that the guy was a giant d-bag with only self interests and profit in mind.

I mean his wrastlin' persona was a huge narcissist who referred to himself in the 3rd person, reality isn't too far off I guess.

It's funny. 'The Rock' really comes off as such a totally nice guy.

Meh...he IS an actor...and, of course, wrestling is totally fake.

The Rock and I are Union Brothers, SAG-AFTRA. Acting by it's very nature is fake. And if you can fake it good, you make millions, like the Rock.
Yes, Dwayne is a totally nice guy.

Union Proud, Union Strong...
edit on 5-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

The Rock and I are Union Brothers, SAG-AFTRA. Acting by it's very nature is fake. And if you can fake it good, you make millions, like the Rock.
Yes, Dwayne is a totally nice guy.

Union Proud, Union Strong...

See how they stick together.

posted on Apr, 5 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

What is this?

Class warfare?

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Denounce the president one day, the next, become the people's champion.

www.yahoo.com...

Weird how that works.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I smell what the cRock is cooking... and it smells foul. P. U.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

The OP is a great example of what ATS has become and how narrative is more important then fact.

At one point on this site people used to back things up with links or videos. If you posted something without either typically threads wouldn't go anywhere. Not the current dying version of this site where fan fic dominates.

To be clear while the OP didn't include a link the thread doesn't tell the full story and is a great example of bias shaping info. What the Rock actually said is that he would not endorse any candidate. He then added that his endorsing Bidem I'm 2020 created division.

No where in the OP is it mentioned that he wasn't endorsing Trump as well as not endorsing Biden.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson has said that he will not publicly back a candidate for this year's presidential race and will instead "keep my politics to myself.

share.newsbreak.com...

Dwayne Johnson says he will not endorse anypresidential candidate this election as backing Biden in 2020 created 'division'

share.newsbreak.com...

edit on 2024pAmerica/Chicago3012-05:00PM by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

No where in the OP is it mentioned that he wasn't endorsing Trump as well as not endorsing Biden.

Who cares? As long as he isn't endorsing the worst disaster to the country
since Pearl harbor. A child could do better.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

That's right. No where in the OP does it say that the Rock was endorsing Trump. In fact Trump wasn't even mentioned. Why do you bring him up? The Rock has never endorsed Trump like he has Biden.

You seem to be arguing against a point that hasn't been made.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Arguing Biden over Trump is an exercise in stupidity.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

When my dog craps on the floor she knows she is a very bad girl and she looks the other way in shame and distances herself from the poop.

That’s the Rock.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

originally posted by: opethPA

That's right. No where in the OP does it say that the Rock was endorsing Trump. In fact Trump wasn't even mentioned. Why do you bring him up? The Rock has never endorsed Trump like he has Biden.

Sure, if that hulks you up then have at it.
Meanwhile the OP doesnt really tell the whole story much like the media as a whole.

Go to a Rightwing site like TGP and you get a right leaning spin on the story.

"

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Withdraws Political Support for Joe Biden in 2024, Says He Regrets Endorsing Biden in 2020 ...

In a recent interview with FOX News’ Will Cain, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson, once an avid supporter of Joe Biden, has expressed regret over his 2020 endorsement and stated he will not be endorsing Biden for the upcoming 2024 presidential election.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Go to a different site and it actually tells the whole story.

Dwayne Johnson says he won’t endorse anyone this year after backing Biden in 2020

He endorsed Joe Biden in the 2020 election, but Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson says he won’t be backing any White House hopeful ahead of November because offering his public support caused “an incredible amount of division in our country.”

thehill.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The Rock never endorsed Trump. Never. So, why bring him up?

Should we also point out that he has not said we should eat hot dogs? Or bring up that he has not advocated for putting banana peals in coffee grinders

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Why do we care what movie stars think ? They are paid professional liars Why people worship actors like Gods is beyond me they are really nobody's with a acting job .

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Says he regrets voting for Biden in 2020. Big mistake. Snookered.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Why do we care what movie stars think ? They are paid professional liars Why people worship actors like Gods is beyond me they are really nobody's with a acting job .

Something wrong...

I'm SAG/AFTRA and IATSE...a working actor and crew. I haven't been worshiped in over a year.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Something wrong...

I'm SAG/AFTRA and IATSE...a working actor and crew. I haven't been worshiped in over a year.

Don't take offence , I'm just saying why should we pay attention to actors opinions what makes them leaders of people just by their opinion ? If thats the case I look forward to the Hunger Games .

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Something wrong...

Don't take offence , I'm just saying why should we pay attention to actors opinions what makes them leaders of people just by their opinion ? If thats the case I look forward to the Hunger Games .

No offence taken...the acting/crew gig is to finance my self produced films and meet the people that can make it profitable. It really is who you know...

Since the advent of streaming platforms, the entertainment biz is a gold mine for anyone with a creative story to tell and a willingness to learn a few simple techniques outside normal commercial protocols.

eta.....I have a lot of opinions, but you know what they say about opinions....I have worked with some very famous actors and directors...their opinions only matter when on set and applicable to the task at hand imo.

Union Proud, Union Strong

edit on 6-4-2024 by lilzazz because: syntax

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Good luck with that. You're right when you say it's all about who you know.

These unions are why George Lucas made his independent film "Star Wars" in the UK.

They only exist to keep the people on top on top and eliminate competition.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
When people in his position endorse a political candidate, they automatically alienate half the country. That's not good for an entertainer. Last I saw, he was close to being a billionaire, so I'm sure he's not worried about his career or money though. Looks like perhaps he has seen that Biden is bad for America. So he's staying neutral. It's a step forward.

Are you saying Dwayne Rock would be a Billionaire if had not mistakenly endorsed disastrous Joe Biden in 2020? If so, your theory makes a ton of sense.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

The Rock never endorsed Trump. Never. So, why bring him up?

Should we also point out that he has not said we should eat hot dogs? Or bring up that he has not advocated for putting banana peals in coffee grinders

I am not sure where you get I ever said Dwayne Johnson endorsed Trump. You seem stuck on that, good luck with it.
What I did do is relay the facts as they were reported without adding any color to them.

This is the reality of what was said, "

Dwayne Johnson says he won’t endorse anyone this year after backing Biden in 2020

thehill.com...

Anyone means anyone running for the office of POTUS which includes Biden , Trump and anyone else running for office.

Is that the same as

Dwayne THE ROCK Johnson Says He Won't Endorse Biden Again

See how that key word "anyone" is left out.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join