It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Man's Sky Orbital - 27th major update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's 8 years since No Man's Sky launched and today Hello Games have released their latest free content update bringing an overhaul to Space Stations and much more.

Content Update 27 , Orbital.

The Orbital update brings a complete overhaul to Space Stations. Until now these have been perhaps the only part of No Man’s Sky that wasn’t procedurally generated. Engine improvements have allowed us to create vast interior spaces and exterior spaces, with improved reflection and metallic surfaces.

Outside, Space Station exteriors are at a scale never seen before, and are hugely varied.

Inside, Stations have been transformed, and are now vast, procedurally generated, and incredibly diverse. Featuring new shops, gameplay and activities, Stations are now uniquely customised based on system, race and locale.

Stations also contain perhaps our most requested feature of all time! A ship editor allows players to customise their ships and players can even create never before seen starship types.

We are also introducing a new Guild system, making joining Guilds and increasing reputation a much larger part of the game. Visit new Guild envoys on Space Stations to gain supplies and rare items, or make donations to increase your standing.

You can own a freighter and even build up a fleet of frigates in No Man’s Sky. Now you can send that frigate fleet on away missions where if they get into trouble, as frigate captain, you can perform daring rescues. Scramble your squadron of fighters, warp to battles, and engage your attackers.

When games are made by gamers.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

thats 27 free updates, honestly I hope this game moves onto the next generation of consoles also

Hell GTA V has spanned 3 generations so far

Thanks Sean, ths game makes Starfield look like a PS2 game, and Im a Bethesda fan

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I always wanted to try that game.
Is it hard to master?

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I’ve been meaning to try No Man’s Sky for a long time. But whenever I want to play a space game I just jump on Elite Dangerous. Elite is pretty much dead but it still has some amazing in game experiences when exploring

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
I always wanted to try that game.
Is it hard to master?

Not sure I've mastered it in the 200 hours I've played but I have enjoyed it enough to still want to play it ,you start off on a planet with a broken ship ,you gather resources to fix your ship then the choice is yours , go out and explore the Galaxy or find a habitable planet and build a base , NMS is a game that lets you find your own path.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

edit on 3/28/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think you got me interested in this game a while back looks like I need to jump in again and see what's new!

Definitely a fun game vastly superior to what was originally released it seems its finally the game they promissed!

new topics

top topics

join