It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Baltimore, ship brings down bridge, mass casualties

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Like I said depending on the crew, and command crap can happen, though if you push your luck crap happens.

Although with shipping being so cutthroat now, question is the line skimping on maintenance to boost profits and chancing it.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm now seeing conflicting information regarding ownership of the Dali. Some articles mention Singapore based Grace Ocean. Earlier I posted Pakistan based Stellar Marine. Upon closer inspection SM seems to be the previous owner while the current owner is behind a paywall on VesselFinder. Sorry, my bad.

I'm adding the second power outage to randomuser2034's important find:

@ 1:20 you can see a ship-wide power outage.
@ 2:20 the power comes back on.
@ 2:30 you can see smoke start to billow out.
@ 3:25 power off for second time
@ 3:59 power back on for second time
@ 5:33 it hits the bridge and the bridge collapses.
edit on 26-3-2024 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Just heard one person mention that the black smoke seen before the impact could have been caused by the captain trying to reverse the direction suddenly.

Also mentioned that there was no tug boat used.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
When I heard that the ship lost power several times before crashing, it made me think of the ship scene from the movie Leave the World Behind.

So, I have to wonder if the ship's power was hacked, or otherwise sabotaged, how, by who, and why.

Thinking this could have been industrial sabotage, reminds me of the recent train derailments, and has me wondering if there's any relation.

Are foreign powers using their technological resources to cause "accidents" in the US?

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Please don’t apologise, it’s called risk management.

There are shelf companies that own shelf companies that own reef companies.

This is deliberate to minimise legal responsibility in maritime law, and to reduce successful payouts.

As no one will admit to owning the ship, and no one knows which re-insurer will cover the damage if at all.

The bridge would probably cost billions to rebuild.

Though it’s probably going to take decades and billions in court costs to identify who pays.

And the state don’t even break even, and the legal battle debts the state.

And the insurers get away with it.

If you want to read up on the intricacies of how things work in maritime law, please have a look at this:

www.lifeinnorway.net...

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

So once again Russia got it wrong, imagine that.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

I also noticed at some point before impact, it looks like traffic going right to left was stopped. You can see the difference between semi's and cars and the headlights aren't visibly crossing the bridge towards the impact.

There was a construction crew working on the bridge. It's possible that work may have been what was causing the change in flow of traffic.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Man it’s possible, with tensions heating up in international relations, anything is possible.

If this happens in other ports, then be concerned.
edit on 26-3-2024 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Not the first (or last ) time a ship collides with a bridge ,,,,

Sunshine Skyway Tampa 1980 ship strikes bridge and causes collapse

Big Bayou Canot Mobile Alabama 1993 tugboat and barges strike railway bridge and cause passenger train to derail

According to news reports there were 20 contractors working for Maryland Dot on bridge repairing concrete

The bridge is the designated HAZ MAT corridor through the area avoiding the tunnels

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Update at 10:00 am - The collision with a container ship caused at least seven vehicles, including a tractor-trailer, traveling on a bridge to fall into the river, carrying about twenty people. There were about twenty workers on the bridge at the time of the collapse. After the fire, the ship sank, but the entire crew is safe.

www.trasportoeuropa.it...

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:56 AM
link   
A recent warning from an Ohio Sheriff about cyber vulnerability concerns:

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Yeah, the live feed is lying, obviously manipulated, and Russian NEWS is infallible.

link   
If it was negligence, would the ship appear to lose power if the Captain tried to go full power in reverse?

link   

The local news said the crew were still aboard the ship as of an hour ago.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Two people have been recovered. One in serious condition, the other declined medical attention. Officials believe there's still at least seven missing.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   

It appears that the container ship is still afloat.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hopefully, Transportation Secretary, Pete Buttigieg isn't pregnant again and is on the scene dealing with this tragedy.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Gov. Moore says he's been in close contact with Buttigieg and the federal government is doing everything they can to mobilize resources.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

It's Baltimore, so it shouldn't take Biden a year to finally show up.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The ship does appear to be listing a bit...but it may be due to the weight of the bridge structural material on the bow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join