It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Disclosure - Professor Simon claims that SETI at Home actually discovered 18 signals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Part 2 of the ET Signal….Prof Simon

👽🍿

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This guy is not a professor and let's people know he is an entertainer (worked in television all his life). It's on his YouTube page. Wish I could take him seriously, he makes some bold claims.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 04:01 AM
link   
He's pretty much the quintessential YT UFO-logist.
Takes rumours/discussions/topics from forums such as this - then monetises them via smooth brain friendly 15 minute videos.

Such well meaning grifters are also epistemic purveyors of misinformation and one of the reasons those behind the "ET Threat" initiative believe they can actually pull it off.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Takes rumours/discussions/topics from forums such as this - then monetises them via smooth brain friendly 15 minute videos.

Yes. He has also got very involved with the Rendlesham case too.

I will say no more.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Here goes the non-Professor Simon version…

Source: Search for intelligent aliens explores new radio-frequency realms

The European Low Frequency Array of radio telescopes is performing Breakthrough Listen's first-ever search at megahertz radio frequencies.

👽☕️🍩

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

I always wondered why they don't look to light as a way aliens could be communicating throughout space.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Associated paper…reference linked from my previous post link….

A Simultaneous Dual-site Technosignature Search Using International LOFAR Stations

If anyone wants to really geek out and participate possibly with the search for off-world signals of life should probably start with TurboSeti…..Google it.

👽☕️🍩🤓
edit on 26-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA
It seems like an interesting video. I wonder if we will ever meet actual et's in our life...

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

So, part 2 features more bold claims, some interesting information, and very little evidence.

The Claims:
1. A distant planet was found buzzing with radio waves.
2. Scientists have developed the ability to resolve distant signals
3. Scientists may have been able to discern images.

What's offered as evidence is a history of some technological advancements in radio astronomy, some interesting discoveries, and the fact of a massive amount of expenditures into ongoing research.

Here's a little more about LOFAR

The cosmic lighthouses known as ‘pulsars’ shine brightest in long-wavelength radio light, making LOFAR an ideal telescope for studying them. With its huge sensitivity and enormous computational power, LOFAR has already discovered 50 new pulsars, including a pair of millisecond pulsars, as part of its all sky survey, LOFAR Tied-Array All-Sky Survey (LOTAAS), and dedicated searches.

From the article you linked:

Computing software and artificial-intelligence algorithms will also speed up the analysis of the results. "We have billions of star systems to explore and will be relying on some machine-learning techniques to sift through the immense volume of data," said Johnson. "That in itself is interesting — it would be fairly ironic if humankind discovered alien life by using artificial intelligence."

It does appear that if ET is out there, using AI to make sense of all the data we collect, will be how we discover them.
AI is changing the world around us at a seemingly increasing pace. Actual intelligent communication with an advanced race would likely further speed up these changes.

From the research paper you linked:

Search Results
Figure 7 depicts the observed drift rates as a function of frequency. As shown in Figure 6, a substantial number of hits are observed at 125 and 138 MHz, suggesting the presence of potential aircraft communications within these frequency bands. Notably, at I-LOFAR, a significant number of hits are also detected at 167 MHz, which is suspected to be related to aircraft communication. Additionally, a pronounced spike in RFI at 164 MHz is observed at the Swedish station (LOFAR-SE), likely associated with marine communications due to the proximity of LOFAR-SE to the coast.

Implementing barycentric corrections and coincidence rejections, no signals of interest were identified among the observed candidates. Comprehensive information regarding the targets and their corresponding hits for both TESS and Gaia can be found in the supplementary databases presented in the Tables 3 and 4.

Conclusion
This paper presents a SETI search in a parameter space mostly unexplored by other SETI surveys (Price et al. 2018; Gajjar et al. 2021), by simultaneously observing TESS and Gaia targets of interest in the 110–190 MHz radio window. It also demonstrates dual-site coincidence rejection, showing that it provides a new method to discriminate candidate extraterrestrial signals from terrestrial radio frequency interference. We propose this method as a promising means of follow-up for confirmation of any candidates interest arising in this type of study or others in this frequency range.

If what Professor Simon is claiming is true, I would like to see more evidence.

Show us the images that were allegedly received and decoded.

If the public contributed to these discoveries, via SETI at Home, shouldn't they also be informed about them.

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

If what Professor Simon is claiming is true, I would like to see more evidence. Show us the images that were allegedly received and decoded. If the public contributed to these discoveries, via SETI at Home, shouldn't they also be informed about them.

Exactly 🍻

The LOFAR’s continued research are proven……..whereas the Nutty Professor’s claims are un-proven.

👽
edit on 26-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Well, here's a tidbit of information that could be pertinent. And depends on what you think about "ancient aliens" / "gods".

Put simply in the bible. I figured out a timeline. If you combine the Hosea day of Jezreel prophecy with the Daniel 9 70 weeks prophecy it turns out the "God" of the Jews slapped the Earth with a 2000 year curse.

So it seems this curse would have started sometime in the 20s-30s AD. And if you add Jesus Christ to the mix it would seem the curse would end at the 2000th anniversary of his death. Or 2033 approximately.

So if you change "gods" to "ancient aliens" it appears that the aliens cut off the Earth for a 2000 year period of isolation. But they intend to end that and go full contact in the 2030s. The "day of Jezreel" or thousand year "reign of the saints".

Do you think possibly the governments of the world may have been tipped off about this impending invasion of advanced beings? Or worst case scenario. 2 sets of advanced beings. In a war. With the Earth predicted to be the "last stand" of the group the Bible labels "demons".

The next 10 years may be interesting times.

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech620

You would think your calculations would have already been figured out and put in writing in some obscure documents now held in the Vatican archives or Vatican “secret” archives.

Hmmm interesting nevertheless…what you’ve come up with…

I guess it’s as good as a guess like a Nostradamus quatrain guess.

👽☕️🍩

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

So if you change "gods" to "ancient aliens" it appears that the aliens cut off the Earth for a 2000 year period of isolation. But they intend to end that and go full contact in the 2030s.

Wow, that's right around the time that the UN hopes to meet it's sustainability goals with UN Agenda 2030.

If they are going to accomplish their goals, it's likely going to mean major changes for the rest of us, so it will be interesting to see what methods they come up with to implement their agenda.

Do you think possibly the governments of the world may have been tipped off about this impending invasion of advanced beings?

How did you get from a 2,000 year period of isolation being lifted to, an impending invasion of advanced beings?

Or worst case scenario. 2 sets of advanced beings. In a war. With the Earth predicted to be the "last stand" of the group the Bible labels "demons".

Or from a 2,000 year period of isolation being lifted to, 2 sets of advanced beings in a war with the Earth?
That's even more of a stretch.

edit on 27-3-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech620

Put simply in the bible. I figured out a timeline.

Why not use a source that is accepted as direct evidence of historical fact if you are going to the trouble of doing the math?

Josephus Flavius was more interested in getting you (and all enemies of Rome) to forget about "an eye for and eye" and embrace "turn the other cheek" than being an accurate archivist.

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA

So if you change "gods" to "ancient aliens" it appears that the aliens cut off the Earth for a 2000 year period of isolation. But they intend to end that and go full contact in the 2030s.

Wow, that's right around the time that the UN hopes to meet it's sustainability goals with UN Agenda 2030.

If they are going to accomplish their goals, it's likely going to mean major changes for the rest of us, so it will be interesting to see what methods they come up with to implement their agenda.

Do you think possibly the governments of the world may have been tipped off about this impending invasion of advanced beings?

How did you get from a 2,000 year period of isolation being lifted to, an impending invasion of advanced beings?

Or worst case scenario. 2 sets of advanced beings. In a war. With the Earth predicted to be the "last stand" of the group the Bible labels "demons".

Or from a 2,000 year period of isolation being lifted to, 2 sets of advanced beings in a war with the Earth?
That's even more of a stretch.

Well, to answer your first question. You need to read the book of Hosea. But the synopsis is the God of the Jews wasn't really happy with them. But he is locked into a contract with them in Leviticus 26. So he decided to smack them with a top level curse and put everything off. Verse 6-2 is the timeline of said curse and the day of Jezreel that follows it.

Though the actual cause of the curse is contained in Malachi 4. In Matthew 17 Jesus Christ claims his John the Baptist was "Elijah the Prophet" of Malachi 4. Elijah the Prophet was a co-messiah and had a job to do in the first century Apocalypse. But his death meant the job went undone and the first century Apocalypse was broken. And per Malachi 4-6 his death triggered a curse. And from the historical evidence that curse is the curse contained in Hosea. Jesus Christ became the "he" that struck the earth with a curse.

So then according to Hosea Israel and the world was going to be cut off for 2000 years. With the 1000 year day of Jezreel following.

So as of now it appears we're in the last 10 years of the curse. Assuming the death of Jesus Christ was the event that started it. Then according to the book of Revelation and Matthew 24 and various other parts of the New Testament those last few years of the curse are going to be times of troubles. Per Matthew 13 and the parable of the wheat and the tares the people are going to be "harvested" and the wheat is saved and the tares/weeds are to be destroyed.

And in Revelation 12 it talks about a war in heaven where Satan and his angels are defeated and thrown down to Earth. Satan then marshals his remaining forces on Earth for one last battle with Heaven and per the story is defeated and tossed into the pit for a thousand years. Essentially Satan's story of how the Earth is his last stand. Similar to the battle of Berlin in 1945 and the Nazi's last stand.

So all I did was put a Sci-fi spin on the story of the Bible.
edit on 3/29/2024 by ntech620 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

You would think your calculations would have already been figured out and put in writing in some obscure documents now held in the Vatican archives or Vatican “secret” archives.

👽☕️🍩

I'm afraid I have an "unnatural" advantage. Since it's so close I might as well tell you and confess.

Congratulate me guys. I have been a member of the host of Daniel since 11-2-2001. I'm a Morning Star. : )
edit on 3/29/2024 by ntech620 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Which Morning Star?

👽☕️🍩
edit on 29-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2024 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech620

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

👽☕️🍩

I'm afraid I have an "unnatural" advantage. Since it's so close I might as well tell you and confess.

Congratulate me guys. I have been a member of the host of Daniel since 11-2-2001. I'm a Morning Star. : )

What is a "host of Daniel"?

And what have you learned in the 23 years you've been a member?

And what is "so close"?

This stuff piques my interest.

Thanks.

edit on 3/29/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Possibly this one.

Revelation 2
25But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28And I will give him the morning star.
29He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

You realize after it's all over they'll need a replacement for Lucifer. Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join