It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Signal," new series on Netflix a gritty tale of dealing with the arrivial of ETs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

3 body

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:24 AM
link   
watching the rest of episodes of 3 body tonight, watched the signal as well and enjoyed it
also constellation is also very similar

interesting that this is the subject of what forgotten languages has been discussing with us here on ATS for a while now
communication with aliens , and how would we interact with them

and from what I have understood is , if we dont all work together then we all perish

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: CosmicFocus

I'll give it a look, but The 3 Body Problem has just dropped on Netflix and I'm going to binge watch it first. I have been waiting ages for it, after reading all the books in the series, even the last by a different author, but that continues the series.

I have one episode left in 3 Body Problem... good series..

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Whats the woke scale on this ?

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Finished ….The Signal….having to pin down my significant other to watch with me…she ended up enjoying it as I finally did.

There are 2 different meanings to the ending… imo…..but I don’t want to be a spoiler for those who have not seen it.

Again, slow moving at times…but viewable.

👽
edit on 25-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I thought it was OK. Constellation on Apple TV is amazing! 3 Body was enjoyable, which as I had read the books I was anticipating. Of the three shows, I think Constellation is the best.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Might be the next binge for me and she….

👽🍺

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

It's not alien related, but without spoiling it, to me, a much more fascinating subject.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I finished watching The Signal last night. The overall plot was good but I felt a little disappointed in the execution. The fact many were trying to keep things secret and their motivation for doing so just didn't ring true to me. Ending was a nice twist. Still have 2 episodes of 3 Body Problem, not wanting to rush through and just savor the ride

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
All the new movies, docs, and books make one wonder about the real motive behind all of this recent disclosure hoopla:
money...money...money...money...money...money...money...money... mon...aaaaaaaaaa.....!

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Whats the woke scale on this ?

Looks woke . Started right off the bat with the stay at home dad and strong smart wife narrative. So lost interest immediately . I have had my max of super hero movies and strong feminist movies. I will pass on this one. My tolerance for the overdone message has been far exceeded. Once I see the overdone manufactured checklist being inserted into the film , it just becomes annoying and no longer becomes enjoyable to watch .

Both super hero and strong women films have been overdone imo, give it a break . we get it women can be strong and always have been but unlike in past movies with strong women lead characters the writing typically didn't suck like it does today or concentrated on the message more than the story.

And before the people get upset over my opinion on a forum meant for people to share their opinions. No I have nothing against strong women and my wife is a very strong women and runs a hospital. I also loved strong female character movies and shows from the past such as ALIAS, Elektra, Aliens, early terminator, etc. I also enjoyed super hero movies but after a while it also became dull and un-enjoyable, which is not what I look for in a film or show. So I have no interest in watching another strong feminist or superhero movie that have been overdone.

edit on 23430America/ChicagoTue, 02 Apr 2024 14:23:47 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I watched it. It was enjoyable if you let a few nagging plot problems slide (the most obvious one being how in any universe could an astronaut candidate hide the fact that they were on prescribed psychotropic drugs).

The ending was a letdown too - a variation on something we've seen before only less threatening or dramatic.

I'd give it a B

I thought the same.
Why would you send astronauts home from a mission on a public airplane? In coach?
Anyway it was entertaining for a short series.
Recommend 👍 ymmv
edit on 2-4-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join