It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Signal," new series on Netflix a gritty tale of dealing with the arrivial of ETs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   
A German production, not equal to "Berlin," but enlightening to anyone that suspects that much is at play in our real situation with dealing with that very task. I find several points in the four episodes I've watch that match directly or indirectly with observations I've made in some of my posts of how the public is being played by TPTB. It also softly displays aspects of the current political and religious problems that are or will be resulting once we have a set time for engagement with the visitors. Any decent thinkers on the basic UFO/ET situation will understand these ramifications.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

I'll give it a look, but The 3 Body Problem has just dropped on Netflix and I'm going to binge watch it first. I have been waiting ages for it, after reading all the books in the series, even the last by a different author, but that continues the series.

edit on 2024-03-21T23:16:37-05:0011Thu, 21 Mar 2024 23:16:37 -050003pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicFocus
A German production, not equal to "Berlin," but enlightening to anyone that suspects that much is at play in our real situation with dealing with that very task. I find several points in the four episodes I've watch that match directly or indirectly with observations I've made in some of my posts of how the public is being played by TPTB. It also softly displays aspects of the current political and religious problems that are or will be resulting once we have a set time for engagement with the visitors. Any decent thinkers on the basic UFO/ET situation will understand these ramifications.

I've been watching it and I like it very much.

It's interesting to see a German film's take on this subject. I think they're doing a great job.

The 3 Body Problem is next on my list. I've been waiting for it all month and now it's on.

Off to the Telly! - as my British friends would say.

I so rarely watch TV as I prefer reading for the most part, but these Netflix shows are starting to win me over to the large screen idiot box. Having a great sound bar with a subwoofer really helps too.

I guess television done well can be an entertaining and thought provoking experience.

I just wish there were more networks like Netflix.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Will have to look out for that, thanks for the recommendation!

Like others here, I've also got the 3 Body Problem to binge on too, Gonna have square eyes by the end of the month!

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I have been mulling over cancelling Amazon Prime and getting Netflix. This has persuaded me.

Adios Amazon

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I wonder if this show is part of the disclosure process mentioned in this video about an alleged real-time communication with a non-human intelligence via a quantum tunneling radio.

But then I also wonder if all this is just a set-up for project bluebeam.

It's possible that non-human intelligence is real, but is actually just man-made artificial general intelligence that's being kept secret, and people could possibly be fooled into thinking it's ET.

Here's the ATS thread about this video, which discusses possible real-time communication with an intelligence light-years away via quantum tunneling communication, and a possible soft and slow disclosure to the public.

Did we detect ET in 2919 or is Professor Simon a Plonker?

edit on 22-3-2024 by IndieA because: Added Thread

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I watched it. It was enjoyable if you let a few nagging plot problems slide (the most obvious one being how in any universe could an astronaut candidate hide the fact that they were on prescribed psychotropic drugs).

The ending was a letdown too - a variation on something we've seen before only less threatening or dramatic.

I'd give it a B

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I'll give it a look, but The 3 Body Problem has just dropped on Netflix and I'm going to binge watch it first. I have been waiting ages for it, after reading all the books in the series, even the last by a different author, but that continues the series.

Watched 2 episodes last night, so good! However I don't like Netflix's typical policy of releasing all episodes of a series all at once. I like the one episode a week model, gives me time to digest the episode and anticipate the next, something to look forward to. Aside from someone watching the whole thing and posting spoilers on the internet, it just IMO cheapens the show to throw it all out at once

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
Thanks for the heads up. I have been mulling over cancelling Amazon Prime and getting Netflix. This has persuaded me.

Adios Amazon

I have both since I'm already a Prime member and have been for years and I watch all of my TV shows via streaming through my FireTV stick.

I had to buy Netflix but it's been well worth it. The documentaries alone are worth the price. Then add in all of the movies and their own shows like "Stranger Things" and it becomes a total no-brainer for $15/month.

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde

originally posted by: chr0naut

Watched 2 episodes last night, so good! However I don't like Netflix's typical policy of releasing all episodes of a series all at once. I like the one episode a week model, gives me time to digest the episode and anticipate the next, something to look forward to. Aside from someone watching the whole thing and posting spoilers on the internet, it just IMO cheapens the show to throw it all out at once

Binge watch baby, binge!

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

I don't mind foreign language movies/series as I need subtitles for the English ones as well. I watched a Russian sci-fi movie last year called Sputnik. It is a really good alien movie. Worth watching.

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

I don't mind foreign language movies/series as I need subtitles for the English ones as well. I watched a Russian sci-fi movie last year called Sputnik. It is a really good alien movie. Worth watching.

Looks terrific! I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Mar, 23 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Been binging on 3 Body Problem…….finished episode 4.

Imo….it’s not a cheap production…..they’ve spent lots of $$ on special effects including the game level scenes.

So far so good….except for the CC Chinese to English translations doesn’t always work for some reason…but I get the facial and body movements gist to understand were the story is going.

The whole pass the test of the game in order to be selected for a greater realistic purpose is reminiscent of the movie The Last Starfighter….imo

👽🍿🍺
edit on 23-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Welp…finished binging 3 Body Problem

At the rate they keep killing off main characters the show will be left with B and C List actors.

Twice it was asked how they look….yes they look like humans for visual communications purposes …..but they’ve indicated they actually don’t look like humans……hmmm …..a cliff hanger to be sure…,if they produce a 2nd season.

Last 2 episodes was a bit of a yarner …they were slow in moving along.

As we watched….this 1st season….we enjoyed aspects presented talked about, like the aspects we talk about in this ATS forum…..so far that’s our hook to stay interested.

If there’s a season 2…we will watch …but if the peters out…in interesting content….we will stop watching.

As for The Signal…..started that binge….my significant other can’t get into it after the first episode….and I’m on the fence….perhaps episode 2 will keep me going…if not…I’m giving it the boot.

👽🍿
edit on 24-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Really enjoyed this. owes a lot to Carl Sagan but thats no bad thing

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

It was great gonna have to re watch it at a slower pace now

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

It was great gonna have to re watch it at a slower pace now

Which series? 3 Body Problem or The Signal or both?

👽

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Watched a little bit of The Signal and lost interest very quickly, it just does not hit even half of my checklist boxes.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I'd be embarrassed meeting an extraterrestrial. Look at how we humans treat each other.

I doubt any self respecting alien would be seen dead mixing with us.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

I'd be embarrassed meeting an extraterrestrial. Look at how we humans treat each other.

I doubt any self respecting alien would be seen dead mixing with us.

This speaks truth….

👽

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join