It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Dealing At The Red Cow Dublin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I've worked with heavy coc aine users. I know more about the effects than all the small time users who seem compelled to defend the substance. The long term effects are horrendous for everyone around a heavy user.

I'm guessing the dealer in this video is selling coc aine as well as fake cigarettes, though it can't be proved without physical evidence. Fake cigarettes are not uncommon in Dublin.

Counterfeit cigarettes with a retail value of €630,000 (£538,000) have been seized from an illegal factory in Dublin.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Smoking fake cigarettes is more of a personal thing. Using coc aine is a habit that affects the rest of us.

An association of coc aine abuse with aggressive or violent behavior arising from direct pharmacologic effects of coc aine is demonstrable in the forensic and clinical literature.
www.sciencedirect.com...

The dealers face and his car registration are visible, let's hope he's happy to have his face seen around the world.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

I don't see the thread lasting long TimBurr given the subject and context.

But yes c@ke can be a nasty habit, washing it back and turning it into cr@ck, far worse.

My best pal sat himself down from a door "The Wire" style back in 2012 because of rock.

edit on 18-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm very sorry to hear that. I've known suicide, stroke, heart attacks and shallow graves as a result of coc aine. Now I'm feeling sad.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I was wondering what a fake cigarette was. Is it not real tobacco? Are these the candy cigarettes that were around when I was a kid?

So, I read the article and it seems counterfeit is a more accurate description. Real tobacco, just a brand name knock-off. Like a copy of a Prada purse. Which made me wonder, why bother? If you can manufacture and sell cigarettes, why not put them under you own name?

Further reading in the article answered that question. The cigarettes have a "retail" value of €630,000.00 and represented a tax loss of €500,000.00. Can someone who has had their coffee this morning figure out the % mark-up?

Seems like it could have been a legitimate business, but it was driven underground by excessive taxes.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The ingredients used in legal tobacco products are carefully controlled and researched to ensure the final products meet regulatory standards. The absence of needed ingredients and lack of safety controls are key factors adding to the danger of counterfeit tobacco.
www.esta.be...

The taxed cigarettes have all manner of additives that are 'regulated', allegedly. The counterfeit stuff has additives mixed in without any oversight.

Research on counterfeit cigarettes and tobacco pouches discovered high levels of toxic metals like arsenic, mercury, and lead.

Other substances from analysis of fake cigarettes conducted have also found traces of weedkiller, sawdust, and animal faeces.
londontobaccoalliance.org.uk...

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If you by a pack of cigarettes in the UK most of what you pay is tax, the government takes around 70-80%. It’s a similar situation with alcohol and petrol/deasel, a kind of stealth tax.

We also pay VAT (value added tax) on just about everything, which is 20% all large companies have to charge this. So say you go to the store you can expect to pay 20% on top of the actual price in VAT.

We also pay road tax, income tax and probably some other tax I can’t think of right now.

However if your rich enough you can setup an offshore shell company or trust fund and pay no tax at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

So these counterfeit cigarettes must cost around 20% of the usual price? Or are the crims playing the punters for suckers.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

They will be much cheaper for sure, we don’t get counterfeits around where I am though, just regular brands that haven’t paid the stamp duty/tax and they are much cheaper.

We also have lots of European shops that mostly cater Eastern Europeans in the area that do under the counter stuff.

Then there are all the hairdressers and fast food places which are mostly money laundering operations. The police are more concerned about catching people slightly breaking the speed limits though. It’s turning into a 3rd world country bit by bit.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It depends what is being bought and where from really. The majority of people smoking counterfeit tobacco are making roll ups which can cost anywhere between 7-14 pound, cigarettes I'd imagine hover around £8 since they're around £11 in the store.

Sizes are varying too these days when it comes to rolling tobacco. Most people buying from a shop will be getting 30g at around 17-21 quid so the counterfeiters are getting smarter with their packaging. The dodgy stuff used to always be 50g packets and a brand called Turner but these days you can get 30g of various types. Prices will be around 8-13 quid.

The market isn't that bad these days for quality but in the past there's been some really nasty 'imports' and occasionally products of that calibre still get in from Eastern Europe apparently... I heard a few people got deded over this and all I can say on that is good riddance.

Smoking is bad enough when it's regulated, I wouldn't risk smoking dodgy tobacco for a 30-40% saving. Plus that cash is definitely going to criminals. So is the store bought stuff of course, we can almost pretend we can manage those louts in Westminster though...

So yeah... Between 40-60% cheaper, a couple of quid on packets of 20 probably.

posted on Mar, 18 2024 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If you are still smoking tobacco in this day and age you deserve everything you get.

'Fake' tobacco is a concept that could only exist within the idiotic realms of the maniacal UK government and not something the people in the US even have to deal with and shell out millions of dollars to combat.

Of course the 'coc aine' thing had to thrown in there by the BBC arseholes in order to make this bull# article float. The kunty suits hate that they cannot tax the cheuchs on illegal cigs.

The bottom line on this farce is that no minker buying illegal cigs can afford 'coc aine' in any of it's forms and there is zero connection between the two markets.

More horse-# from the people who brought you Jimmy Saville.
edit on 1832024 by TheEvilScotsman because: clarification

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Well, we are still here so there is always that.

The drug can destroy lives TimBurr quite literally.

If you let it get a hold of your soul.

And even if you manage to come out the other end of the addiction.

You lose something(part of yourself) in the process.

edit on 19-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheEvilScotsman

The BBC article didn't mention coc aine. It's the OP who said this dealer was selling marching powder and dodgy fags.

As I mentioned counterfeit tobacco mostly comes from Eastern Europe. It's not fake it's just produced by organised criminals who usually don't care about quality and consistency. It happens all over Europe and it isn't UK specific.

Dublin is in the Republic of Ireland, it's more than feasible for them to just import proper stuff from Europe unimposed and they wouldn't be subject to British import regulations.

The bottom line on this farce is that no minker buying illegal cigs can afford 'coc aine' in any of it's forms and there is zero connection between the two markets.

I highly doubt that since there's not much of a price difference. Addicts do what addicts do... A lot of people just vape unless they're on a session and a good portion of people are "cheapskates" who feel good about saving a few quid whether it's cheap nasty sniff, cigarettes, dodgy clothes or dirty Dave from down the street who's selling butter and meat he lifted from the supermarket.

The kunty suits hate that they cannot tax the cheuchs on illegal cigs.

If they had half a brain they'd lower taxes and destroy the illegal trade overnight. That said I don't believe the clever clogs in Whitehall only have half a brain.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I would not even use the tobacco from fake fags in doobie when i still partook.

It's nasty, point of fact harsh is the word i would use.

Smoking is bad, but smoking that stuff is rank.

Most of the local Ice Cream vans doing the rounds stock and sell them where i hail from.

Well that, and like you suggest dodgy dave from down the road. LoL
edit on 19-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TimBurr

The ingredients used in legal tobacco products are carefully controlled and researched to ensure the final products meet regulatory standards. The absence of needed ingredients and lack of safety controls are key factors adding to the danger of counterfeit tobacco.
www.esta.be...

The taxed cigarettes have all manner of additives that are 'regulated', allegedly. The counterfeit stuff has additives mixed in without any oversight.

Research on counterfeit cigarettes and tobacco pouches discovered high levels of toxic metals like arsenic, mercury, and lead.

Other substances from analysis of fake cigarettes conducted have also found traces of weedkiller, sawdust, and animal faeces.
londontobaccoalliance.org.uk...

I buy these at my local convenience store (the local call it a bodega) for $5 a pack.

Normal cigarettes are $14 because of all the taxes.

Seneca $5 cigarettes

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Aye a lot of people used to say I was nuts paying the prices I did when the stuff from Spain stopped. I used to get "but this is imported look at the tags" yeah... 1000 packs of baccy all with the same seriel numbers lol.

As you say the quality difference is too easy to notice hence my suspicions about the average taste buds. I'll go one further and say it's fairly obvious those that bothered with the cheap stuff have took a good few years off their lungs. My parents smoke that #e... Often smell it from a mile away.

Similar story with doobie stuff too tbh when it comes to chancing quality. Thing is you'll get absolutely hammered growing your own tobacco or herbs, Westminster isn't clueless though, they know exactly what's happening on the ground... Their aggressive war on drugs 10-15 years ago are the direct cause of flowers being the smoke of choice and that was around the time ciggys tasted of glue.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Just watch yourself SchrodingersRat if they are not real.

Tell you right now the stuff mixed in with that fake backy is nasty.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

My dad used to get the fake Golden Virginia rolling tobacco pouches RAY1990.

You could tell right away with the consistency and fact that the stuff was about as dry as tinder.

There is no real war on drugs here in the UK.

Customs and Police are buried up to their arse in it all.

Bent as a £3 note.

And the fact is we don't have any poppy fields or coca plantations.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   

There is no real war on drugs here in the UK.

A few years ago at a very low point in my life I foolishly took part in a delivery. Imagine my surprise when I found the person we were delivering to was a British Intelligence social engineering agent I first met at Stonehenge Festival in 1982. Oh how we laughed. Around here if you want the best quality weed and coke you get it from the fake travellers who openly sell to GCHQ staff. Retired police drug squad often say, 'Looking back it seems our job was to take out the opposition'.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Retired police drug squad often say, 'Looking back it seems our job was to take out the opposition'.

Police are the biggest gang around TimBurr.

Far too much money in that game, and all off the books, for them not to be hanging about the top rung of the ladder wanting their piece of the pie, billions if truth be told.

posted on Mar, 19 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

Just watch yourself SchrodingersRat if they are not real.

Tell you right now the stuff mixed in with that fake backy is nasty.

You're right, Andy.

But in this case, I know the owner of the bodega and he told me he drives to an Indian reservation in Pennsylvania and buys these by the carton. I guess it could still contain dangerous ingredients especially if the Native Americans there are seeking revenge from the massacre at the Battle of Wounded Knee in 1890.

On a final note, my lungs are so shot already I don't think the type of cigarette I smoke makes a bit of difference. I'm already on my way out. Just slowly...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join