It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one GONE - GOP Rep. Ken Buck to leave Congress at end of next week

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: lilzazz

a reply to: lilzazz

Making America great should not be in the minority.

If the GOP keeps threatening to cut SS and Medicare....expect to be even more in the minority.

Already lost the female vote! It's almost as if the Republicans want to lose!

The GOP is not cutting SS or Medicare,

Cite it or GTFO

www.cnn.com...

www.whitehouse.gov... -medicare-and-increase-prescription-drug-prices-and-health-care-premiums/

www.washingtonpost.com...

Even just considering Fu..ing with SS and Medicare is a losing proposition....still here!!

edit on 12-3-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   

If the GOP keeps threatening to cut SS and Medicare....expect to be even more in the minority.

Cite it or GTFO

www.cnn.com...

Let me clue you in. . . . .

One; Government can't cut SS or Medicare without congress.

Two, CNN? Really?

Three; The costs can be cut if Obamacare is reversed.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Because they see the writing on the wall. Trump is going to win and left of center Republicans / RINOS will find themselves in a weakened position.

It seems a whole lot like rats leaving a sinking ship before it's too late. Could it be that simple?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Left and Right are two sides of the same coin calling anyone who doesn't agree with your political view "anti-American" is little different from what the Putin dictatorship does in Russia , you are on a slippery slope.

I see that "two sides of the same coin" saying a lot - and it's true, there are two sides. But I never see it taken to it's most obvious conclusion. Isn't it possible for one side of the coin to be absolutely right in what they're saying and doing and for the other side to be totally wrong? Wouldn't that change the dynamics of what they're trying to say when they talk about there being two sides to a coin?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I wonder if some of the reps retiring are connected the ones that veterans have gone on record as saying they are running for office all over the country to hold the military leaders accountable for the COVID shenanigans.
The non MAGA quitters may not feel safe if enough patriots take back the military.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
This is about Trump.

No, it's not. The topic is about Rep. Ken Buck. Please stay on topic.

Please.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Not sure that shows what you think it shows.

I have unfavorable opinion of Trump and still voted for him twice.

Libertarians need to get off their butts and find a Melie. Trump, while better than Biden, is not going to make the cuts we need to stop the unelected authoritarian imbedded political class that stays in Washington and does what it wants mostly no matter if it has a D or R in the White House.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Cite it or GTFO

www.cnn.com...

www.whitehouse.gov... -medicare-and-increase-prescription-drug-prices-and-health-care-premiums/

www.washingtonpost.com...

Even just considering Fu..ing with SS and Medicare is a losing proposition....still here!!

You do realize that you are debating health care costs with someone who runs hospitals.

I'ma just watch as you go, for fun...

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Not sure that shows what you think it shows.

I follow it. Check it every couple of days.

I have unfavorable opinion of Trump and still voted for him twice.

And I will continue to vote against him 3 times.

Trump, while better than Biden, . . .

Biden knows he is not a dictator -- and works with a team of experts -- that he actually listens to.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Station27

This is about Trump.

No, it's not. The topic is about Rep. Ken Buck. Please stay on topic.

Please.

Yes it is.

I am on topic. What do you think "ANOTHER ONE GONE" means?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kaiju666

originally posted by: Kaiju666

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: matafuchs
He had stated he would not run again but seems he is just going to step down early.

Link

Republican Rep. Ken Buck of Colorado, a hardline conservative who has clashed with his own party at times, announced on Tuesday that he will leave Congress at the end of next week. Buck’s decision to step down before the end of his term will trim Republicans’ slim edge to 218 seats over 213 for Democrats, with three vacancies. With that breakdown, Republicans could only afford to lose two votes to pass legislation on a party-line vote.

This guy voted against impeaching Mayorkas. He voted against removing Cheney. Has stated he was not going to back Trumps re-election run. He has flipped flopped a lot.

Why are so many Republicans leaving when the majority is so slim. The DNC has already made sure to get rid of people like Santos while others who did worse still vote. The RINOs could not even stand to finish their terms. It is disgraceful what they are doing. They are elected officials.

“Everywhere I go in Colorado, Dana, I hear that people are not happy with Trump and they’re not happy with (President Joe) Biden,” Buck said. “I am going to find the right organization to join and I’m going to start working on that issue. We have to have better candidates up and down the ballot.”

This though, as stated, makes a very slim majority for anything to vote on in the House especially with the RINOs still there.

Because they see the writing on the wall. Trump is going to win and left of center Republicans / RINOS will find themselves in a weakened position.

I really don't think extremism is going to win.

People are waking up.

Oh but it has, the D’s have had a stranglehold in places for years and always scheming to expand their ‘love’.

And you know that how?

You hang out amongst them and get their personal “word”?

Or you read propaganda?

I live amongst them, the (D)ead.

I don’t read anything, don’t know how
The only thing I can read are between the lines.

And I'm on the southern AZ border.

I'm unaffiliated -- so I go to both local meetings out of curiosity.

No way in the world I'd vote MAGA. I don't like them in person.

Quoted for irony...

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Station27

Left and Right are two sides of the same coin calling anyone who doesn't agree with your political view "anti-American" is little different from what the Putin dictatorship does in Russia , you are on a slippery slope.

I see that "two sides of the same coin" saying a lot - and it's true, there are two sides. But I never see it taken to it's most obvious conclusion. Isn't it possible for one side of the coin to be absolutely right in what they're saying and doing and for the other side to be totally wrong? Wouldn't that change the dynamics of what they're trying to say when they talk about there being two sides to a coin?

No; they're talking about party members voting against their own party's best enterest.

It seems a whole lot like rats leaving a sinking ship before it's too late.

If they jump ship now they don't have to take a chance of Trump getting elected and ending their careers. He would have no reason to go after them, so they could crawl back to their political careers after his term.

I'm stunned at the number of supposed conservatives that consistantly vote for really harmful liberal legislation. They either don't have a clue about what they're supposed to be standing for or they're Wokey plants.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Biden knows he is not a dictator -- and works with a team of experts -- that he actually listens to.

Now that's funny stuff, right there!

A dictator might ignore a SCOTUS or to reinstate the border policy, or maybe pay off millions in student loans after the SCOTUS told him he couldn't.....or require business to terminate employees that refused the vaccine.....or fill the country with unvetted illegal aliens.....or refuse to allow any countries to negotiate ukraine peace talks.

You too funny.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:29 PM
link   
To say that fascism. Is a "far-right" movement shows that you are a grifter and that you are unable to think for yourself.
Fascists don't call themself right-wing as is popularely believed. They near-universally call themselves third positionists
On social issues, it was much more right-wing, while on economic issues, it was more left-wing

a reply to: gortex

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Now that's funny stuff, right there!

A dictator might ignore a SCOTUS or to reinstate the border policy, or maybe pay off millions in student loans after the SCOTUS told him he couldn't.....or require business to terminate employees that refused the vaccine.....or fill the country with unvetted illegal aliens.....or refuse to allow any countries to negotiate ukraine peace talks.

You too funny.

I don't think it's funny at all.

I've been a dept manager. I know what delegation means.

And the worst thing any person in charge can do is surround themselves with Yes Men.

It eliminates "checks and balances".

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Thank God for Trump.

Never thought I would be one but I am.

Trumpism is the R party and you lefties hate him. RINO"s are Dem lite and have to go away. Trump is going to win and the white hats are going to be parading your team before they hang the treasonous bastards. They are criminals destroying our society and you are clapping for them. Shame on you.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They are the Communist's useful idiots that will be the 1st culled when Comrade leader is "elected" by them.

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Many of those leaving office have made clear why they're doing so. The Party is no longer the one they originally joined. They were elected to get work done but with each passing year it feels more and more like people are coming to Washington to relive their high school years.

Trumpism has poisoned the Party and the more moderate members want out. Last night's purge of RNC staffers surely sent a clear message that things were going to get worse before anything started changing for the better.

What have politicians ever done for you except make more laws, raise taxes, and fight against the Constitution.

Moderate republicans? lol

Anyone siding with the left is now anti-American.[/quote]

edit on 12000000433120243America/Chicago03pm3 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is a good verses bad situation now. There is no left right. It is good or bad.

a reply to: DBCowboy

Anyone siding with the left is now anti-American.

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/ FASH-iz-əm) is a far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race

Keep ticking those boxes , Left and Right are two sides of the same coin calling anyone who doesn't agree with your political view "anti-American" is little different from what the Putin dictatorship does in Russia , you are on a slippery slope.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: tamusan

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: pennylane123

It is Progressive vs Constitution. Label them RINOs. The DNC will vote for a dementia patient and the GOP has always been fractured like this...for a long time.

I think like last time -- majority will vote against Trump.

I don't think so. More than likely 1/3 of both democrats and republicans may not even vote.

I personally think many will come out to vote just to stop Trump.

More likely to vote Heavily against Biden and Democrats. Too much exposures and slop. 😀

The clueless ones the Dems thought were stupid got their clues now.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hunter is that you?

www.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join