It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Newton predicted the 'end of the world' will happen in 2060!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

That response belittles Jehovah. Do not think I would waste my time if I did not think you were worth it. We are captain of our own destiny. Choose wisely my friend.

posted on Mar, 7 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Only two things are for certain: 1. Death and 2. If you fall asleep in a tank top you will find yourself waking up with one hanging boob out.

LOL

I wear tank tops to bed. So true.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser2034
a reply to: glend

Jehovah would not allow a people to bear his name if he did not have confidence in them that they would speak was is truthful about him.

You speak of Jehovah as if you know him and as if he is a real person/entity. That kind of certainty must be avoided at all costs. Look at what happened when Newton or others made predictions based on religious faith. Actually nothing happened! They were wrong and Newton is about to be proved wrong just like everyone else who has made similar predictions.

posted on Mar, 8 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Venkuish1

originally posted by: randomuser2034
a reply to: glend

Jehovah would not allow a people to bear his name if he did not have confidence in them that they would speak was is truthful about him.

You speak of Jehovah as if you know him and as if he is a real person/entity. That kind of certainty must be avoided at all costs. Look at what happened when Newton or others made predictions based on religious faith. Actually nothing happened! They were wrong and Newton is about to be proved wrong just like everyone else who has made similar predictions.

"And they will no longer teach each one his neighbor and each one his brother, saying, ‘Know Jehovah!’ for they will all know me, from the least to the greatest of them,” declares Jehovah. “For I will forgive their error, and I will no longer remember their sin."-Jeremiah 31:34.

"He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought all his own out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. 5 They will by no means follow a stranger but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.”-John 10:3-5.

""You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,
“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and have faith in me
And understand that I am the same One.
Before me no God was formed,
And after me there has been none.
I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.”
“I am the One who declared and saved and made known
When there was no foreign god among you.
So you are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “and I am God.
"
-Isaiah 43:10-12.

edit on Fri, 08 Mar 2024 15:37:19 -0600pm30820240300000019America/ChicagoFri, 08 Mar 2024 15:37:19 -0600 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Venkuish1

Actually Newton was a bit optimistic there. I can make the case that the Apocalypse ends on the 2000th anniversary of the death of Jesus Christ. Generally given as 2033.

Put simply there is a 2000 year curse contained in the Book of Hosea. See verse 6-2 and 2nd Peter 3-8. It is then followed by a 1000 year "day of Jezreel".

So then this also appears to be a companion prophecy to the Daniel 9 70 weeks prophecy then this means the Apocalypse ends at the start of the day of Jezreel.

So then the 7 year Apocalypse should start in 2026 and end in 2033. The 2000th anniversary of the death of the Messiah.

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech620

Actually Newton was a bit optimistic there. I can make the case that the Apocalypse ends on the 2000th anniversary of the death of Jesus Christ. Generally given as 2033.

Put simply there is a 2000 year curse contained in the Book of Hosea. See verse 6-2 and 2nd Peter 3-8. It is then followed by a 1000 year "day of Jezreel".

So then this also appears to be a companion prophecy to the Daniel 9 70 weeks prophecy then this means the Apocalypse ends at the start of the day of Jezreel.

So then the 7 year Apocalypse should start in 2026 and end in 2033. The 2000th anniversary of the death of the Messiah.

As credible as every prophecy made so far...

posted on Mar, 9 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You speak of Jehovah as if you know him and as if he is a real person/entity. That kind of certainty must be avoided at all costs..

You speak of God as if you know that He doesn't exist and isn't real. That kind of certainty must be avoided at all costs.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Okay, give him the benefit of the doubt, but was the part of him threatening to burn his mother's house down true? That's some crazy crazy right there.

Pyromania and ADHD get along incredibly well. As does pyromania and being a adolescent male. Get all three together and I would have expected any Mother to have been more worried that he'd burn the house down accidently than on purpose.

Fire as a weapon, a destroyer, rather than a curiousity or fascination, tends to be associated with mental and intellectual deficits none of which can be ascribed to Newton.

According to Donald K Yeomans in his book Comets, Newton was quite possibly the first documented "UFO"/"UAP" hoaxer. At night, as a boy, he evidently flew kites laden with candle-lit paper lanterns with the intention of scaring his superstition ridden neighbours who considered comets to be omens of all sorts of bad stuff but at that time particularly, as a bringer of the plague.

Successfully navigating the plagues aside, I should imagine he would have been a challenging child to raise safely to adulthood in any age.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

You speak of Jehovah as if you know him and as if he is a real person/entity. That kind of certainty must be avoided at all costs..

You speak of God as if you know that He doesn't exist and isn't real. That kind of certainty must be avoided at all costs.

Very wrong!

I don't speak of God or any type of God simply because there is no evidence that God exists. I am just stating facts and reminding the religious audience their claims in relation to God are lacking evidence. Not a shred of evidence exists from the claims made.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Problem here. The Bible has an answer to your statement there.

Matthew 25
13Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
14For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
15And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

The parable warns that there was going to be a period of time where "God" was going to be away. And looking I found the reason why. In the book of Hosea there is the "day of Jezreel" prophecy. Stated simply it's telling us that Israel and Judah was to face a long term top level Leviticus 26 curse. See Hosea 6-2 and 2nd Peter 3-8. The curse part of the prophecy is 2000 years.

So the thing you should know is that this world is not in it's normal state. And considering other curses that preceding the current one it really hasn't been normal since the time of Solomon. And it appears we're coming to the point that the curses end and the day of Jezreel/1000 year reign of the saints happens. And if you're really lucky you may live through the next 10-20 years and see what the world is like without curses.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrucellaOrchitis

Okay, give him the benefit of the doubt, but was the part of him threatening to burn his mother's house down true? That's some crazy crazy right there.

Pyromania and ADHD get along incredibly well. As does pyromania and being a adolescent male. Get all three together and I would have expected any Mother to have been more worried that he'd burn the house down accidently than on purpose.

Fire as a weapon, a destroyer, rather than a curiousity or fascination, tends to be associated with mental and intellectual deficits none of which can be ascribed to Newton.

According to Donald K Yeomans in his book Comets, Newton was quite possibly the first documented "UFO"/"UAP" hoaxer. At night, as a boy, he evidently flew kites laden with candle-lit paper lanterns with the intention of scaring his superstition ridden neighbours who considered comets to be omens of all sorts of bad stuff but at that time particularly, as a bringer of the plague.

Successfully navigating the plagues aside, I should imagine he would have been a challenging child to raise safely to adulthood in any age.

Isaac Newton was labelled as a genius, here are speculations of other geniuses where mental disorders may have been existed:

ISSAC NEWTON // BIPOLAR, AUTISM, SCHIZOPHRENIA
One of the greatest scientists of all time is also the hardest genius to diagnose, but historians agree he had a lot going on. Newton suffered from huge ups and downs in his moods, indicating bipolar disorder, combined with psychotic tendencies. His inability to connect with people could place him on the autism spectrum. He also had a tendency to write letters filled with mad delusions, which some medical historians feel strongly indicates schizophrenia. Whether he suffered from one or a combination of these serious illnesses, they did not stop him from inventing calculus, explaining gravity, and building telescopes, among his other great scientific achievements.

www.mentalfloss.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Don't forget that it wasn't strange for people like Newton and everyone else who we now call a scientist to believe in the metaphysical or supernatural world at that time. Religion and religious views were embedded in the educational system and were shaping the ways people thought of the universe and the cosmos. They still do but to a lesser degree.

:

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Don't forget that it wasn't strange for people like Newton and everyone else who we now call a scientist to believe in the metaphysical or supernatural world at that time. Religion and religious views were embedded in the educational system and were shaping the ways people thought of the universe and the cosmos. They still do but to a lesser degree.

:

Sure, missing the mark on evidence-based science in 'Bible Code' in the process.

Newton's interpretations of prophecy

Newton considered himself to be one of a select group of individuals who were specially chosen by God for the task of understanding biblical scripture.[24] He was a strong believer in prophetic interpretation of the Bible, and like many of his contemporaries in Protestant England, he developed a strong affinity and deep admiration for the teachings and works of Joseph Mede. Although he never wrote a cohesive body of work on prophecy, Newton's belief led him to write several treatises on the subject, including an unpublished guide for prophetic interpretation entitled Rules for interpreting the words & language in Scripture. In this manuscript he details the necessary requirements for what he considered to be the proper interpretation of the Bible.

In addition, Newton would spend much of his life seeking and revealing what could be considered a Bible Code. He placed a great deal of emphasis upon the interpretation of the Book of Revelation, writing generously upon this book and authoring several manuscripts detailing his interpretations. Unlike a prophet in the true sense of the word, Newton relied upon existing Scripture to prophesy for him, believing his interpretations would set the record straight in the face of what he considered to be "so little understood".[25] In 1754, 27 years after his death, Isaac Newton's treatise, An Historical Account of Two Notable Corruptions of Scripture would be published, and although it does not argue any prophetic meaning, it does exemplify what Newton considered to be just one popular misunderstanding of Scripture.

Although Newton's approach to these studies could not be considered a scientific approach, he did write as if his findings were the result of evidence-based research.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Newton considered himself to be one of a select group of individuals who were specially chosen by God for the task of understanding biblical scripture

Imagine what it is to believe you are the 'chosen one' or for a group of people to believe they are the 'chosen ones'. At the very least you can say they are utterly confused or even paranoic.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Newton considered himself to be one of a select group of individuals who were specially chosen by God for the task of understanding biblical scripture

Imagine what it is to believe you are the 'chosen one' or for a group of people to believe they are the 'chosen ones'. At the very least you can say they are utterly confused or even paranoic.

Chosen to interpret God's word, imagine that!

posted on Mar, 16 2024 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Isaac Newton was labelled as a genius, here are speculations of other geniuses where mental disorders may have been existed:

Being labelled as something, especially by others, doesn't make you that something.

He got very absorbed in certain subjects, so absorbed he would forget to look after himself - eat, sleep - that kind of thing and reported some depression as a consequence of sleep deprivation. Sleep deprivation and or fasting can take you to a natural "high" from which you will inevitably slump into a short-term depression. So, I don't think there is anything unusual there. The hyper-focus does correlate to ADHD but I don't consider neurodivergence a mental disorder, you're either functioning or non-functioning and he was clearly functioning.

Was he a genius? He was certainly very bright and had many moments of ingenuity but as he said himself, in what seems to have been an extremely rare moment of humility, he was standing on the shoulders of giants. The generations that immediately preceded his own, those that formed the Samuel Hartlib Circle of correspondence that led to the founding of Gresham College and then the Royal Society. Brilliant men and women who cut the path that Newton was able to follow by opening the discussion and exchanging knowledge. He would have been nothing without them, his brilliance was only able to shine because of them and in some ways, sadly, he used it to eclipse them or perhaps rather the generations that followed him did that for him - creating the myth of the genius.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join