It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian T-72B3 tank destroyed another Abrams during a tank duel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
According to the official report of the Russian Ministry of Defense, during the tank duel, another, already fourth, American Abrams tank was destroyed with the first shot.

“In the Avdeevsky direction, the crew of the Russian T-72B3 tank (“rusty Russian tank” - my note) destroyed another American Abrams with the first shot, the Russian Ministry of Defense said. According to the department, in this sector the enemy lost up to 460 troops per day, and also a self-propelled firing installation of the Buk anti-aircraft missile system, four infantry fighting vehicles and two armored combat vehicles...
...During the counter-battery fight, three Polish-made Krab self-propelled artillery mounts (SPGs), as well as a US-made M198 howitzer, were hit."

Videos of the destruction of the previous three Abrams flooded the Russian sector of the Internet. I can note that the second and third Abrams were destroyed by first knocking out the tank's rollers with RPG7 grenade launchers, and then finishing them off with FPV drones costing about $500 with cumulative grenades from the Second World War suspended from them.

Russian businessmen pay 10 million rubles (slightly less than 100 thousand dollars) to military personnel for each Abrams destroyed.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Not sure what's the point Ukraine has lost hundreds of tanks Russia has lost thousands. Notice the Abrams didn't turn the tank crew into astronauts. In a tank battle often comes down to who fires first and which crew has better training. Your going to lose Abrams the trick is how many does it cost Russia to take one out. And in an Abrams there is an excellent chance the crew lives to fight another day. Russian tanks well not so much as reentry can be difficult.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

How many tanks does Russia have left or have been destroyed on the battlefield?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Think about the stock in the company that makes the Abrams. And will anyone want to buy this tank?

And so many billions of dollars were spent on advertising.....

In Russia, 30 MBT T-90 tanks are produced every day and up to 40 T-72 tanks are modernized. Every day.
Brag about such productions))))
edit on 6-3-2024 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Congrats, you have "destroyed" 4 Abrams to the 2,600 Russian tanks lost in the war with Ukraine........such an accomplishment

We are also talking about a weapon system most of these people have had almost no formal training on and were just given, compared to the Russians that are training with these weapons every day.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Those rooskie slingshots are super duper deadly and stuff.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Think about the stock in the company that makes the Abrams. And will anyone want to buy this tank?

In Russia, 30 MBT T-90 tanks are produced every day and up to 40 T-72 tanks are modernized. Every day.

I think you typed day instead of month.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Congrats, you have "destroyed" 4 Abrams to the 2,600 Russian tanks lost in the war with Ukraine........such an accomplishment

We are also talking about a weapon system most of these people have had almost no formal training on and were just given, compared to the Russians that are training with these weapons every day.

Why only 2600? Ukrainian propaganda rate - 2! Why not 102600?
If you lie, then lie completely)))))

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

originally posted by: RussianTroll

I think you typed day instead of month.

If you think and don’t blindly follow propaganda, then that’s good!)))

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Those versions are obsolete and not for sale .

They were mothballed.

How is your Black Sea fleet doing?

You haven't lost another one, have you?

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Those rooskie slingshots are super duper deadly and stuff.

What difference does it make if these "Russian slingshots" costing less than dinner in a restaurant effectively burn super-duper tanks worth 5-10 million dollars))))

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Those are the numbers being reported, if you don't like it maybe tell your guys to be a little better than the farmers theya re "fighting"

www.businessinsider.com...#:~:text=In%20that%20time%2C%20it%20has,a rmored%20vehicles%2C%20the%20ministry%20said.

Or, food for thought, next time make sure you can take over a country before you invade it......

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

SOS

Too late the Sergey Kotov went to the bottom.

www.aljazeera.com...#:~:text=Kyiv's%20military%20intelligence%20u nit%20says,Kotov%20near%20the%20Crimean%20peninsula.

link   

"If you lie, then lie completely)))))"

Like you did about Navalny's Mum, for but one example?

link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Incorrect, that’s why Biden banned Zelensky from using them)))))))))))))))

How are the American and English fleets doing in the Red Sea?)))))

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm surprised that it actually sank. What with all the rest of the Black Sea fleet underneath it?

link   

Im, not just tired of watching tanks get destroyed. It is gut wrenching and causes emotions and pain I dont like in the least. Its painful to watch. You know what Im talking about. Russian tanks. I have never in my long life seen so many tanks destroyed, and people killed in them and around them as I have seen in Ukraine. I refuse to look at them anymore.

Ive watched in horror as convoys of Russian tanks were blown to smithereens. Russian soldiers on foot, trying to get clear of the burning tanks.

So this thread is about "My tank is better then your tank? Really RT? Dude, give it a break. Those young men, killed in those tanks had families. Mothers, fathers, wives, children. Now there is a hole in each family where the dead once were. Both Russian and Ukrainian.

link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"If you lie, then lie completely)))))"

Like you did about Navalny's Mum, for but one example?

Are you comparing Navalny’s topic with the topic of the reliability of American tanks?
Then you will definitely lose)))))

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

burn super-duper tanks worth 5-10 million dollars.

How many milllions of rubles have those ships cost that have been sunk by Ukraine ?

Cost of Tanks are chicken feed compared to the cost of a ship.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

They are doing just fine. None sunk. You?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join