It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Sotomayor Says She is Traumatized By Supreme Court Losses

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Citizens United didn't make corporations into people.

Tell that to Mitt Romney and his friend Costco!

edit on 5920242024k50America/Chicago2024-03-13T18:50:59-05:0006pm2024-03-13T18:50:59-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Citizens United didn't make corporations into people. It just extended The First Amendment to include entities. 😀

Besides, The Hillary Clinton Campaign (an entity receiving money) was the richest and most powerful political campaign entity in History, and it got beat. 😃

Democrats spend just as much in elections as Republicans, sometimes more. It depends on the election.

Hedge Funds and Wall Street in general gave more to Clinton than Trump. Pretty sure it was the same with Biden but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

Democrats are not the party of the people anymore, and haven't been for quite a while. They're the party of rich elitists. Nobody has to take it from me. Liberal author and commentator Thomas Frank wrote the book on it. It's actually a pretty good read.

Listening to Democrats whine about money in politics is hilarious. Democrats are typically the most uninformed voters and the last to find out new information, but more and more of them are waking up to the fact that their values line up more with the Republican party now, or at least not with the modern Democrat party.
edit on 13-3-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

any way you look at it, SCOTUS gave rights to and indemnified the ventriloquist's dummy. And the masses said "Amen".

I guess you do not like the ability to sue companies...

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

What are you talking about? Citizens United, a non-profit company, sued the FEC, a government office. The Citizens United ruling made it harder for the little guy to sue big corporation by making financial transparency and accountability nonexistent.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

What are you talking about? Citizens United, a non-profit company, sued the FEC, a government office. The Citizens United ruling made it harder for the little guy to sue big corporation by making financial transparency and accountability nonexistent.

Don't care as you see everything through different lenses. My point is corporations need to have limited rights so we can do things to them we can do to people. It's not some logic I made up as I said it goes back centuries, but once again "OMG look what Roberts did" event for you. Not something I really care to address, but you brought it up.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   

My point is corporations need to have limited rights so we can do things to them we can do to people.

The Citizens United decision didn't do anything to make it easier to hold corporations accountable.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The Citizens United decision didn't do anything to make it easier to hold corporations accountable.

Yeah, that really hurt you liberals...lol The court ruled that such spending was a form of free speech protected by the First Amendment. Why do you always go down some off path from the OP into an area no one gives a crap over?

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'm sure that's exactly what the framers had in mind. I wonder why they had the fortitude to declare a slave 3/5th a person but neglected to say how many board members it takes to make Mickey Mouse a person!

The Democrats think the number on the SC should be just enough to have more liberals than conservatives...lol geez

And, because Democrat justices usually stick together like glue, all they need is a ONE justice majority.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Like I said, no matter how you skew it, the Justices gave rights to and indemnified the ventriloquist's dummy.

edit on 2020242024k23America/Chicago2024-03-14T18:23:20-05:0006pm2024-03-14T18:23:20-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If the USA were a meritocracy, truly, Ms Sotomayor would not be a supreme court justice.

There were so many others who didn't get picked because she 'did' get chosen.

Just saying....

I could say that about a number of the others too though, not just Ms Sotomayor.

She could serve us best by concentrating on the job she is supposed to be doing in the courtrooms, and leave us out of how she 'feels' in her stomach and in her heart for instance, IMHO

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Like I said, no matter how you skew it, the Justices gave rights to and indemnified the ventriloquist's dummy.

I'm happy they did....

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You approve of all the dark money in politics, and the lack of accountability?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I sure do I think it is the best
Now get back on topic

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If a judge is traumatized by a ruling, they should be deemed unfit to be a judge and replaced after the next election.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I sure do I think it is the best
Now get back on topic

You do know that Sonya Sotomayor was on the Supreme Court when Citizens United was heard, right? The decision was 5-4, and she was one of the dissenting justices.

The Citizens United Ruling traumatized most of the country, including conservatives, because it allowed for unlimited political donations with no accountability.

The topic is NOT off topic.

edit on 3420242024k41America/Chicago2024-03-15T10:41:34-05:0010am2024-03-15T10:41:34-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

traumatized...

Cry me a river, go find a safe space and curl up in the fetal positoinm. People's lives are so damn easy today we get this crazy crap.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

In case you forgot, the title and subject of the thread is: Justice Sotomayor Says She is Traumatized By Supreme Court Losses

You're the one who told me to stay on topic. Citizens United was a terrible decision for the USA that consolidated corporate rule and influence in our elections. It was a case the Sotomayor "lost".

There are plenty of other traumatizing rulings, like Dobbs. And the several rulings tearing down the wall between church and state. Neutered State's rights to regulate arms...

edit on 3520242024k15America/Chicago2024-03-15T15:15:35-05:0003pm2024-03-15T15:15:35-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

There are plenty of other traumatizing rulings, like Dobbs.

Boo hoo hoo...that is my point...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join