It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fun ride on the NUFORC UFO reporting sightings interactive global map

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Buckle Up…..this is a E-Ticket ride of how to navigate through this …imo…the most awesome interactive global mapping of sightings I’ve ever encountered, coming from NUFORC (National Unidentified Flying Object Reporting Center)…..and maybe it will be the same for you. For me it’s a keeper. Some of you may already know of this of course.

Try to keep up….

First go here UFO Sightings Map NUFORC

From here it’s all about Spinning (Swiping), Zooming, Clicking the globe of reports. The red dot indicates older sightings….the green dot indicates recent sightings.

Using your PC mouse (finger swipe on mobile devices) Spin to anywhere in the world…..

As a lark…..I chose Antarctica (having been stationed there long ago, but never seen anything anomalous)

Zooming in….I found a red dot (older sighting report) on an island just off the continent…..

When I was zoomed in enough…..I clicked on the red dot and a small pop up appeared and mentions a count # of 1 sighting ….(other dots may show a count # of multiple sightings happening in the same area)

Then click on the word “View Details” in the pop up which will take you to some cursory information….

Then for more in-depth information on the reported sighting ….click on the “Open” in the left column….and you will get here, below….at this point the full information is as it was officially reported…

The bonus here….is that the full sighting report…..may or may not contain images of what was sighted…..this particular sighting does have images…

At this point …..I zoomed in on one of the circled anomalies …… what appears to my eyes as lenticular clouds…what makes it strange for me are the symmetrical dark rings on them.

Pretty cool Aye?….you can do this with any sighting(s) dot you choose. Zooming in is your friend 😉

For your personal ride….try finding a dot that may be an sighting reported by someone else who may have seen what you may have experienced in an area, if you’ve had a sighting……ya never know…you might not have been the only one to see the same sighting you saw for a given place and time….

Main NUFORC homepage source…… National UFO Reporting Center Dedicated to the collection and dissemination of objective UFO data

Enjoy

👽🧐
edit on 3-3-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yikes, like 40 sightings within 30 mile radius of me.
Some of them recent. I'll probably check this more frequently after tonight.
Interesting. One report said "possible abduction" and it was only the next town over.

a reply to: Ophiuchus1

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Lot more than I expected in central alaska, I would expect people to be used to things flying considering all the bases.

I will be playing with this more.

I havent seen anything in the sky, but I did see a Federal response at a "noaa" location that made zero sense to me, Multiple black suv's pulling up to a gate with an armed guard (not handgun long gun) at 0330 as well as the entire area inside lit up with search lights.

I was at an auroa viewing site a few miles up the road from them, seen this gate many times rarely even see a guard there.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I found it humorous in my OP example…..that the name of the Island in which the anomalies were sighted and photographed…is called Deception Island 👍🏼

👽

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I zoomed in on my current (home) location, near what used to be Mather AFB (before it was decommissioned) to be surprised to find 16 reported sightings! (none very recent).

I am pretty sure I have an explanation for the Triangle sightings....

It was just a prototype, folks. No cause for alarm.

It wasn't even the full-size version.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Did you notice the highest concentrations are the Eastern seaboard of the U.S. and the U.K.? Should we investigate if the rates of mental illness are the highest there too.
Just kidding (?) What, nadda in Antarctica and Greenland, this mystery is how conspiracy theories are made?
edit on q00000024331America/Chicago1818America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I saw that some reports from Portugal do not have the correct location, and Fátima's "miracle of the Sun" from 1917 is reported as an UFO sighting.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
I saw that some reports from Portugal do not have the correct location, and Fátima's "miracle of the Sun" from 1917 is reported as an UFO sighting.

Is the 'miracle of the Sun' the same thing as sun halos, sun dogs (parhelion), sun's light refracting off ice crystals in a thin veil of cirrus clouds, that sort of thing?

It would have been nice to have the weather conditions at the time just for further musing.

BTW, Greenland has three sightings and in the 'view details' there are no photographs, no weather descriptions, no military activity reports, no weather balloon reports, etc. so it makes it impossible to speculate on what it may be, or debunk it.
edit on q00000003331America/Chicago1010America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
Buckle Up…..this is a E-Ticket ride of how to navigate through this …imo…the most awesome interactive global mapping of sightings I’ve ever encountered, coming from NUFORC (National Unidentified Flying Object Reporting Center)…..and maybe it will be the same for you. For me it’s a keeper. Some of you may already know of this of course.

Try to keep up….

First go here UFO Sightings Map NUFORC

From here it’s all about Spinning (Swiping), Zooming, Clicking the globe of reports. The red dot indicates older sightings….the green dot indicates recent sightings.

Using your PC mouse (finger swipe on mobile devices) Spin to anywhere in the world…..

As a lark…..I chose Antarctica (having been stationed there long ago, but never seen anything anomalous)

Zooming in….I found a red dot (older sighting report) on an island just off the continent…..

When I was zoomed in enough…..I clicked on the red dot and a small pop up appeared and mentions a count # of 1 sighting ….(other dots may show a count # of multiple sightings happening in the same area)

Then click on the word “View Details” in the pop up which will take you to some cursory information….

Then for more in-depth information on the reported sighting ….click on the “Open” in the left column….and you will get here, below….at this point the full information is as it was officially reported…

The bonus here….is that the full sighting report…..may or may not contain images of what was sighted…..this particular sighting does have images…

At this point …..I zoomed in on one of the circled anomalies …… what appears to my eyes as lenticular clouds…what makes it strange for me are the symmetrical dark rings on them.

Pretty cool Aye?….you can do this with any sighting(s) dot you choose. Zooming in is your friend 😉

For your personal ride….try finding a dot that may be an sighting reported by someone else who may have seen what you may have experienced in an area, if you’ve had a sighting……ya never know…you might not have been the only one to see the same sighting you saw for a given place and time….

Main NUFORC homepage source…… National UFO Reporting Center Dedicated to the collection and dissemination of objective UFO data

Enjoy

👽🧐
Thank you for interesting link!
edit on 3-3-2024 by UnRepentantHarlequin27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

What, nadda in Antarctica and Greenland, this mystery is how conspiracy theories are made?

Oh….so you are going to septically ignore these sightings….huh?

How Dare You! (in Greta tone)

Lay off the skunk weed ganja Mon….and open your eyes 😳

😆

👽

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You're kidding right?

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You're kidding right?

These reports to NUFORC are only as good as the reports they get from those submitting the information…..

I don’t think it’s incumbent on the NUFORC to validate each and every one.

My count is 3 reports in Antarctica and 3 reports in Greenland.

With any reports….you take it or leave it…..but to say there are no reports in Antarctica and Greenland…..I will disagree with you 😉

You can always

Contact Information If you have any questions about these Terms or NUFORC.ORG, please contact us at [email protected]
to voice your concerns, dislikes, etc.

As for the ganja…..yeah I was kidding hence the laughy face 😆

👽

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Great resource. Thank you for sharing

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

You're kidding right?

These reports to NUFORC are only as good as the reports they get from those submitting the information…..

I don’t think it’s incumbent on the NUFORC to validate each and every one.

My count is 3 reports in Antarctica and 3 reports in Greenland.

With any reports….you take it or leave it…..but to say there are no reports in Antarctica and Greenland…..I will disagree with you 😉

You can always

Contact Information If you have any questions about these Terms or NUFORC.ORG, please contact us at [email protected]
to voice your concerns, dislikes, etc.

As for the ganja…..yeah I was kidding hence the laughy face.

😆

👽

Yes I actually posted there were none before I enlarged the map, my bad, I didn't read all of your instructions. But really, 3 there and 3 there with no pictures or detailed sighting report. I'll call that a nothingburger. As for ganja, I'll pass until the arthritis gets so bad that I have to look for healthier alternative pain therapy...coming soon.
edit on q00000014331America/Chicago4343America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone no pictures or detailed sighting report. I'll call that a nothingburger.

As I mentioned in the OP……some have pictures and some don’t……and as I’ve recently seen …the witness says they submitted pictures…but for whatever NUFORC reason…they didn’t post them with the report on the website. It doesn’t mean….imo…that the pictures don’t exist elsewhere.

As for a detailed sighting report…..I suppose the level of detail would be your own standards. The level of details in the reports is that of the humans submitting them.

Here’s all the detail your going to get from the 3 Antarctica reports and the 3 Greenland reports….submitted to NUFORC.

Antarctica….

Greenland…..

Before you broad stroke all the reports on the planet earth with “nothingburger”

Follow my steps completely and you’ll get to the detailed reports of the submitters. Perhaps you’ll find pictures on which reports you choose.

I certainly did (OP).

👽

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP?…and Fátima's "miracle of the Sun" from 1917 is reported as an UFO sighting.

Frankly I’m not shocked….I’m sure your not oblivious about religious happenings being thought of as possibly associated with craft and extraterrestrials…those kinds of associations are also compared too in biblical times.

👽

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   

It's a daunting task to go through all these sightings and then what? I'll leave it up to NASA and the other scientists who are compiling and analyzing all the data (including sightings) and I'll wait to see what they come up with. In the meantime, this is just a fun exercise.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I had a look at one near where I live in 2022. It was clearly describing the StarLink satellites.

I would have thought NUFORC would be more diligent than that.

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   
It's obvious that the majority of reports must come from English speaking natives

Enrollment in multilingual sites will probably increase the sightings?

posted on Mar, 3 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ophi, I believe we know each other.

I was allowed to see a saucer at Edwards, in the 80's.

The guard said "We can float".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join