It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitch McConnell Announces He's Stepping Down in November

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Mitch McConnell - Republican age 82 - will be stepping down from the senate in November. His statement including him saying that he knew when it was time to move on. I think he missed that mark by about 15 years.

Maybe this will get Schumer and Pelosi to see the light and quit too. We can only hope.

McConnell Will Step Down in November

Mitch McConnell, who has led the Senate for the longest period ever and survived significant upheavals within the Republican Party for nearly 20 years, will step down from his role in November.

“McConnell, who turned 82 last week, was set to announce his decision Wednesday in the well of the Senate, a place where he looked in awe from its back benches in 1985 when he arrived and where he grew increasingly comfortable in the front row seat afforded the party leaders,” the Associated Press reported.

“One of life’s most underappreciated talents is knowing when it’s time to move on to life’s next chapter,” he said in prepared remarks obtained by The Associated Press. “So I stand before you today … to say that this will be my last term as Republican leader of the Senate.”

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   
OOOOPS Duplicate thread. Disregard.

join