It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dynamic pricing WTF

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Cvastar

A cheap burger isn't a constitutional right

In the US it should be. 1.50 cheeseburgers for everyone.

And thus, the seeds of communism are planted....

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Remember government cheese?

I somehow do.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Wendy's will spend $20 million on digital menus to introduce customers to "dynamic pricing"

[www.techspot.com...]

They wouldn't be spending 20 mil without expecting a BIG return on their money-and I'm willing to bet a lot of politicians bought up plenty of stock in Wendy's before this announcement.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

All those that were stupid enough to get a smart meter in the UK are going to be in for a shock as there is talk of the tariff changing up to 50 times a day ? .

Anything smart is for dummies

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
Heads Up Folks...

Wendy's will not implement surge pricing as CEO comment causes online stir

Wendy's has no plans to raise prices of its menu items during peak demand, the company said on Wednesday, days after CEO Kirk Tanner said the burger chain would start testing "dynamic pricing" at its restaurants starting as early as 2025.

With increased media attention to the comment earlier this week, people took to social media platforms including Reddit and X, formerly Twitter, to criticize Wendy's plans, resulting in a growing online backlash against the restaurant

Thought so, no surprise. The people have spoken..lol

Thank you for posting that. It is certainly the kind of information update that threads like this require to keep everyone on track. It also shows how many people do not read up to the current watermark of a thread before posting.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Many restaurants have been doing this for years. Lunch time menu items identical to dinner items are cheaper before 4pm. Then again, sometimes they toss in a small dinner salad, literally about 1 ounce of lettuce and a cucumber slice and charge you $6.00 more for pretty much the same meal. Hotels and airlines do it all the time, higher prices on the weekends. Even movie theaters have Sunday matinee pricing so you can save a couple bucks. Heck, even my electric company has 'peak' and 'off peak' pricing. Surge pricing is a thing. I do see where this could backfire.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Remember government cheese?

Yeah, I sure do.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I would not like this if it happened to grocery stores. But it seems like this is mostly fast food related. I do think it is unfair to those who have to use the convenience like fast food for whatever reason.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Around my region thre were incidents of traffic being piled up for miles while folks were waiting patiently in line for certain fast food drive throughs at certain installations. Newer franchises in the area always create a big hullabaloo for the locals, everyone wants a taste.

Or used to anyway, I haven't seen it lately.

posted on Feb, 29 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I love that Wendy's has walked back on their bull# surge pricing. 😂 Remember to always bully corporations.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join