It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOL...The left accuses conservatives of fearmongering.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The ultimate irony is that both sides of the dog and pony show are fear mongering.

Flipping between Fox and CNN, there's always some group I'm supposed to fear, and some new pariah scapegoat I'm supposed to hate.

Everybody needs to unplug from anything mainstream. It's the only way to avoid hysteria.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

Does Biden go on stage and say he's going to destroy America? Or is that just the word on the street from his critics?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Its hard to tell if that's what Biden was trying to say on stage because his speech trailed off into something unintelligible.

I'll tell you what I fear though; the fact that the trillion-dollar-globalist-establishment is totally fine running Biden as a candidate this election while being well aware he doesn't even have 40% of the overall vote.

That tells me that they're 100% confident in their cheating ability. Call me crazy but i feel the same election officials that allowed all the tomfoolery in 2020 now feel they have the moral high ground to cheat. Its been drilled in their heads that its THE END OF OUR DEMOCRACY™️ if Trump wins.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Does Biden go on stage and say he's going to destroy America? Or is that just the word on the street from his critics?

Does any dictator say as much in the terms you describe?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Can you realistically say Biden is a dictator, and compare him to one? Specifically, not hyperbolic.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Biden does seem to have a wild fixation on Trump, and it's not polling well. Especially his words about democracy going to hell if Trump gets back into power.
I feel like both main candidates seem to have lost the plot on what a president of the US means, to simply protect the constitution, the nation, and have become more focused on each other and blaming one another for somewhat easy fixes.

Funny thing is tho, I feel Bidens foreign policy is OK, Trumps domestic policy was OK, they are like a Ying and yang. It's almost like both main parties should, you know, work together?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Can you realistically say Biden is a dictator, and compare him to one? Specifically, not hyperbolic.

Yes, realistically....

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Being struck down by a check and balance entity is a dictator?

Since when do dictators have Supreme courts to tell them to F off?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Being struck down by a check and balance entity is a dictator?

Did you miss the parts of say.....going ahead with student loan forgiveness or violating the 1st amendment via social media?

Or the border?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Funny thing is tho, I feel Bidens foreign policy is OK, Trumps domestic policy was OK, they are like a Ying and yang. It's almost like both main parties should, you know, work together?

Here's the problem with that; In today's pathetic excuse for a mainstream media in America, the platform of a presidential candidate is NEVER discussed. Instead it's entirely opinions disguised in sensantional headlines.

The average Biden voter cannot tell you Biden's platform or the issues he's supposedly tackling with a potential second term. However, many Trump voters CAN tell you at least some of Trump's platform.

And there's good reason for that. Here's an exercise: Google " Trump platform 2024" and then "Biden platform 2024". The results are hilarious. Here are some of the headlines from the first page of the results for the Trump search:

"Trump’s radical second-term agenda would wield executive power in unprecedented ways"

and

"Donald Trump’s 2024 Campaign, in His Own Menacing Words"

Then check out the results for Biden. They headlines are friendly, benign, and deliberately non-descript.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What's wrong with student loan forgiveness?

History is littered with debt forgiveness, and not directly attributed to dictators.

Again, since when do dictators have Supreme courts to keep them in check? Are you going to ignore that and just play dumb to that aspect? Did Stalin have a Supreme Court? Does north Korea have a Supreme Court?
edit on 26-2-2024 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

That's because Trumps policies are radical. Becoming a protectionist state is a radical idea.

When I said his foreign policy isn't that great its because he tried to wage economic war with the entire world while putting the burden on the American people. But he had the best intentions for the American people.
Also he waged trade war agaisnt me, personally, and my fellow Canadians, so I have a bit of a biased take on it from an outsider perspective.

Bidens admin is rather moderate compared to trumps, he's just doing business as usual, which a lot of Americans don't want.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It's almost like both main parties should, you know, work together?

What a concept.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   

What's wrong with student loan forgiveness?

Aside from it being not legal or moral?

History is littered with debt forgiveness, and not directly attributed to dictators.

2 questions. Link please and where does the "forgiveness" come from again?

Again, since when do dictators have Supreme courts to keep them in check?

And again, he directly acted in defiance of SCOTUS.

You do understand this...right?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:50 PM
link   

If we were not so far into debt maybe. I went to a university graduation in the last couple of years and 70% of the students graduated with a degree in digital story telling. Not only should they have not been approved for a loan for that, I shouldn't have to pay for it. I paid off for my degree.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Why is it not legal or moral?

A beneficiary of a billion dollars just paid for medical students tuition perpetually, I know it's a private "investment" but at the same time it's the moral thing to do, to, you know invest in the future. Invest into great works, lime most people during the gilded age did. Speaking of, didn't JP Morgan and Co. Basically give massive debt forgiveness to failing company's under the guise of "buy outs"?

Christian jubilees were based on debt forginess cycles.

I'm not saying give all students debt forgiveness, but in certain circumstances, debt forgiveness is needed.

As for toyr second point, all politicians push the boundaries it's their job to push the extreme and work their way down moderate positions, if you don't have people pushing the extremes, and having extreme push back, I'd be worried.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeStupidName

All I gotta say is, money isn't real. All governments want is to make people productive.

When people see they have unreasonable amounts of debt they will go into remission and give up. Chasing the carrot on the stick turned into chasing the carrot across the canyon.

It doesn't seem fair to you, or me, since I repaid my student debt, but there will be a time when some sort of reform to the student loan situation will need to be addressed, and I think the democrats sparked a good debate.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Why is it not legal or moral?

Taking tax payer funds to resolve the debts of those who agreed to the debt. The government doesn't produce anything and have no business forgiving them.

As for toyr second point, all politicians push the boundaries it's their job to push the extreme and work their way down moderate positions, if you don't have people pushing the extremes, and having extreme push back, I'd be worried.

Where is Biden's "extreme pushback" like we saw with Trump?

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   

No , his Actions Speak Louder than his Words.......

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Most of your federal tax dollars go to foreign policy, why are you against putting inwards?

And debt forgiveness is an extreme take, and has extreme pushback. Don't try to change the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join