It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political thoughts from the garden.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Just putting this out there for discussion...

There in America have been several things that have perplexed me over the last 20 years or so because they do not make any sense to a rational person.

Open border policy, electric vehicles, wind and solar power, why our two parties with the help of the media appear to just want us to have a civil war by dividing the country so deeply, etc.

I was tending my winter garden today and here is my train of thought.

I am of the mind that economically this country is going to crash. Mathematically it has to, if history is any indication it has to.

Now, if an old lady in her garden can figure this out, I am quite sure that the ones pulling the strings are aware of this as well.

I don't want to muddy the conversation with central banks and what they actually do.

What I see happening if the USD dies then America will split into different sociopolitical factions.

The east and west coasts will be their own little domains, the heartlands will stick together and Texas will be its own country with a few surrounding states joining in.

If that actually happens then what the politicians are doing right now actually makes sense.

Let's take electric cars in this scenario.

Now, you and I know that it simply isn't feasible for everyone to have an electric car now.

But what if you live in say California or New York after the crash?

Your population is now 70% or so less, but you still need to move around.

You also won't have access to a lot of oil or too many processing plants for them. That belongs to Texas, North Dakota and Montana... red states.

So you will need a way for basic transportation to work for the supply chain and you have sea ports meaning that you have access to places like China for the production of said vehicles.

Electric cars suddenly make sense.

An open border policy?

Now, places like New York or California simply don't have the acreage to feed their populations now.

But if the population were culled by an economic breakdown, then they have less mouths to feed. Blue states will need field workers, ones dependent on the blue states.

Open borders explained.

The civil war issue?

Blue states would like to be in control of the US military if TSHTF. They would also like very much to turn Progressives against Conservatives. If you pit the two ideologies together so hard that one side doesn't even see the other side as human anymore then slaughtering one side doesn't matter.

Progressives believe that with the strength of the US military they can accomplish this.

Civil war explained.

The Ukraine situation?

What if it is just politicians in the know laundering as much money as they can before the fall?

These are but a few examples and yes, I am sure there is a bigger plan by the "You will own nothing and be happy" crowd.

Anyone else want to chime in with other thoughts?

This theory is still in its infancy so I would like other opinions.

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2pmSat, 24 Feb 2024 16:36:44 -060036 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The " Union " Must be Preserved at All Costs even if it Means War . If Sides are taken to Contest it , then One Side Must Lose . History Repeating Itself ?

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The " Union " Must be Preserved at All Costs even if it Means War . If Sides are taken to Contest it , then One Side Must Lose . History Repeating Itself ?

We no longer have a functioning "Union".

I am just trying to understand how US political positions fit together rationally.

If what I am thinking is going to come about then suddenly a lot of these positions make sense, in the long term.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Great post - I like your thoughts.

The civil war issue?

Blue states would like to be in control of the US military if TSHTF.

I'm sure they'd like to but that doesn't mean they'll be able to. I personally don't see the military following the liberals/progressives. It is historically a very conservative bunch, n'est pas?

On a final note, most people think that NY is a lock for a blue state.

Not so. The only place democrats outnumber Republicans is in NYC. NY state is a *lot* bigger than that - especially in a SHTF scenario.

Just my thoughts.

Your mileage may vary.

Etc.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

"A House divided cannot stand."
-Abraham Lincoln

Our House is divided.

I'm too old to even imagine seeing the outcome of this, but the best I can do is prepare my sons for what is coming.

*bows to Little Sister*

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

Great post - I like your thoughts.

The civil war issue?

Blue states would like to be in control of the US military if TSHTF.

I'm sure they'd like to but that doesn't mean they'll be able to. I personally don't see the military following the liberals/progressives. It is historically a very conservative bunch, n'est pas?

On a final note, most people think that NY is a lock for a blue state.

Not so. The only place democrats outnumber Republicans is in NYC. NY state is a *lot* bigger than that - especially in a SHTF scenario.

Just my thoughts.

Your mileage may vary.

Etc.

When I was in the military it was about 10% liberal.

I currently have 2 daughters in the military and it is not the same at all anymore.

Most conservatives in the military were drummed out by the Covid vaccine mandate.

I still think that you are correct that it would be a clusterphuck if Progressives attempted to use the military on US soil.

However, if you understand that Progressives generally feel that military members are nothing but cannon fodder who will obey orders no matter what then you can see why they think that.

I am also aware that places like NY and California have a whole bunch of people that are conservative. They are not being represented at all by their politicians, however.

So the problem would be feeding the cities by using the rural farmers and ranchers who would want nothing to do with it.

Thus the migrant workers.

Thank you for adding your input... again, this is but a train of thought that I put out here to get responses so I can learn.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

"A House divided cannot stand."
-Abraham Lincoln

Our House is divided.

I'm too old to even imagine seeing the outcome of this, but the best I can do is prepare my sons for what is coming.

*bows to Little Sister*

And that is where I am at, Big Brother.

I'm old and see it coming so the least I can do is prepare my kids for it.

I don't see a good way out for America.

~sigh~

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Two sides, same team.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   

" We no longer have a functioning "Union"."

Does the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights Still Exist ? Then the Union Still Exists and those Who Oppose that are the Real Insurrectionists and should be Dealt with According by the Law .
edit on 24-2-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Two sides, same team.

But that is just the social side of it, which I think is being done on purpose.

I'm just trying to fit recent political ideology to what is coming, rationally.

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2pmSat, 24 Feb 2024 17:48:16 -060048 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   

" We no longer have a functioning "Union"."

Does the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights Still Exist ? Then the Union Still Exists and those Who Oppose that are the Real Insurrectionists and should be Dealt with According by the Law .

We are beyond that, unfortunately.

I again am just trying to justify political positions based on the possibility of the economic collapse of the US.

Please poke holes in my theory.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

" the economic collapse of the US."

There is no Collapse , it could better be Described as a Self Induced Recession caused by the Party in Power at the Moment . That could Change Drastically after Nov. 5th .
edit on 24-2-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

There is no Collapse , it could better be Described as a Self Induced Recession caused by the Party in Power at the Moment . That could Change Drastically after Nov. 5th .

Trump could slow it.

A more gradual decline, as it were.

If elected, he would be the leader of one of the three branches.

All of whom would be out to derail him.

So he could have a short term effect.

We're beating a dead horse here and my post was all about why certain policies make sense if the economy collapsed but they don't make sense otherwise.

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2pmSat, 24 Feb 2024 18:06:47 -060006 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Sorry , I am an Optimist and Cannot Concede the Doom and Gloom part of your Scenarios mentioned . Maybe seek out your Answers elsewhere , I'm Done .

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Dammit someone on Twitter did a map and what they think may happen, it isn't war but and I can see that happening well before it comes to war. Going to see if I can find that again. Were separated into 5-6 regions but try and work cooperatively and have an iron-clad cooperative defense treaty

We are much better dysfunctionally together than fully functioning separately. Once fully divided the rest of the world would pick us off one region at a time. If not they would sew so much chaos we'd wish we never broke up.

We'd lose the West Coast to China pretty much immediately...

Unless the 60%-70% that know a Civil War now and always would be disastrous for both sides we must find a solution that doesn't involve war or separation. 

Not to mention an American Civil war in this timeline, now, there would be fighting all across the globe. America is somewhat the glue that holds the world together.

x.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Sorry , I am an Optimist and Cannot Concede the Doom and Gloom part of your Scenarios mentioned . Maybe seek out your Answers elsewhere , I'm Done .

I am a realist and our total debt to GDP ratio is at 136%

It's just reality.

It isn't if... it is when.

And again, the topic was about how certain political viewpoints suddenly make sense if you look at what is going on in America right now.

I understand that is a touchy subject but at the end of the day it is just basic math.

Total Earnings are less than Expenditures.

The only way to fix that is to fire 75% of our Federal Government.

Not happening.

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2pmSat, 24 Feb 2024 18:39:42 -060039 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   

In order to survive, we'll have to crash and burn.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Trump could slow it.

We're beating a dead horse here and my post was all about why certain policies make sense if the economy collapsed but they don't make sense otherwise.

I’m worried about an opposite scenario with this transpiring.

If Trump is elected, they could expedite the collapse to blame it all on him.

We have a catch 22.

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

In order to survive, we'll have to crash and burn.

Agreed, unfortunately.

We got too big for our britches, as it were.

A bloated Federal government was the antithesis of what the Founding Fathers wanted.

But here we are...

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: Lumenari

Trump could slow it.

I’m worried about an opposite scenario with this transpiring.

If Trump is elected, they could expedite the collapse to blame it all on him.

We have a catch 22.

But in reality, if it collapses it doesn't matter.

Not too many people after are going to be worried about what the President of the Former United States said or did.

They will instead be worried about food.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join