It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawaii isn't interested in our Constitution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

According to that list it seems the people of that particular country would be very wise to stay armed.
Their founding fathers certainly knew way back then.
Shall not be infringed.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
this thread sure went off topic. almost as if nobody seems worried about a US state ignoring the parts of the COTUS they don't like. Is that OK?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hawaii is a welfare state.

Many other blue states gave their homeless one way tickets to Hawaii.

Go visit. At night the homeless camp in the park and on the beach. It makes going out I the evening risky. I was there on vacation and it was disturbing.

As far as I am concerned, let Hawaii have its kingdom back and remove all US funding, however the military base stays and is funded and operated by the US government.

Secession from the Union sounds great until you have to develop your own economy and military.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AlongCameaSpider

A few years back, there used to be a vast homeless camp on Oahu's west coast. Not sure if it still there.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
this thread sure went off topic. almost as if nobody seems worried about a US state ignoring the parts of the COTUS they don't like. Is that OK?

No, it is not okay, but we apparently can't consider that before we endlessly think over the hurt feelings of some Hawaiian nationalists.

Like Spider said in his comment, let them be their own country and see how they like it. It won't be what they think, most especially since those islands have to import almost everything except pineapples.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

One aspect is that Hawaii is "way out there" and obviously couldn't defend itself if another country decided they like the basing opportunity provided by Pearl Harbor.

If they want to be protected as a U.S. state, they don't get to pick and choose what part of the Constitution applies to them.

Cheers

They never chose to be part of the US. They were invaded and taken by the US.

The Illegal Overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom Government

Let's see how they enjoy being part of China.

Cheers

Nearly every US city has a Chinatown. Everything in every Walmart and other big supermarket chains is made in China. Apple products are all made in China, you've got your Chinese made cars, your Chinese made computers, your Chinese made phones, your Chinese made TV's, your Chinese made clothing, they have most of the market on most things.

I would have though that Hawaii would be seceding from all that?

Congratulations. You completely evaded replying to my post.

You know exactly what I mean. If China ran Hawaii, the "nationalist" islanders would now all be dead or in special reeducation camps.

I don't think that is happening with them being a U.S. state. /sarc

Cheers

Firstly, I doubt that China would ever run Hawaii. For one thing, it is a long way away and China isn't as 'colonialist' as most European and Western countries.

On the whole, China have tended to integrate gradually into other countries through trade, and economic influence utilizing infrastructure loans (road-and-belt) etc, rather than directly invade and rule.

Taiwan, Singapore, and Hong Kong are some examples of places that China either had/has its eyes on, or has taken actually control of, and has not been too disruptive to the local cultures and people, nor has it aggressively consumed all their resources, strip-mining them to deserts, as many colonialist countries have.

In the past 40 years, China has not fought in a 'declared' war against any country. So, they are hardly aggressors in comparison to many other nations. It doesn't mean that they have been totally benign, just that they aren't as bad as one particular country would portray them.

But a particular country has invaded (as in, sent in a military force and took control) a lot since 1776. This is a list of the countries they invaded:

Afghanistan
Albania
Algeria
Angola
Argentina
Austria
Bolivia
Bosnia
Burma
Cambodia
Chile
China
Colombia
Cuba
Dominican Republic
Egypt
El Salvador
France
Germany
Greece
Grenada
Guam
Guatemala
Haiti Hawaii
Honduras
Hungary
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Italy
Japan
Korea
Kuwait
Laos
Lebanon
Liberia
Libya
Macedonia
Mali
Mexico
Micronesia
Morocco
Nicaragua
Niger
Oman
Pakistan
Palau
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Philippines
Puerto Rico
Russia
Samoa
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia
Turkey
Uganda
Uruguay
Vanuatu
Vietnam
Virgin Islands
Yemen
Yugoslavia
Zaire (now Congo)

Can you guess which country?

It would seem that a rabidly militaristic country would paint other unassailable nations as 'very threatening evil enemies'. A clear example of this type of propaganda is the Nazi claim that Zionist Jews were trying to 'invade' and/or take control of Germany. Ridiculous, I know, but that's 'how they roll'.

As we look back over the last six decades, ask yourself, how much McCarthyist furore (that actually damaged the quality of life of many of the American citizens that it was supposed to protect), was actually true?

Let me guess the country.

It was Fiji.
I hope everyone knows history well and doesn't challenge this fact.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Chro,

I addressed your comment, but decided to edit so as not to

slide the thread.

Nice try, but please start a thread about that topic if you really wish to discuss it.

Cheers
edit on 11-2-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Wow ... well if they don't like the COTUS (Constitution of the US), then we should not have to deal with their electoral votes influencing our federal elections.

Just saying.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Venkuish1

One aspect is that Hawaii is "way out there" and obviously couldn't defend itself if another country decided they like the basing opportunity provided by Pearl Harbor.

If they want to be protected as a U.S. state, they don't get to pick and choose what part of the Constitution applies to them.

Cheers

Cheers

Nearly every US city has a Chinatown. Everything in every Walmart and other big supermarket chains is made in China. Apple products are all made in China, you've got your Chinese made cars, your Chinese made computers, your Chinese made phones, your Chinese made TV's, your Chinese made clothing, they have most of the market on most things.

You know exactly what I mean. If China ran Hawaii, the "nationalist" islanders would now all be dead or in special reeducation camps.

Cheers

It was Fiji.

History. Educate yourself:

How Many Countries has the US Invaded as of 2024?

Foreign interventions by the United States

US Interventions - US Military and Clandestine Operations in Foreign Countries - 1798-Present

These are the only 3 countries America hasn’t invaded

Perhaps there is a reason that Hawaii might like to distance itself? Hmm?

edit on 2024-02-11T13:57:07-06:0001Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:57:07 -060002pm00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Chro,

I addressed your comment, but decided to edit so as not to

slide the thread.

Nice try, but please start a thread about that topic if you really wish to discuss it.

Cheers

Apologies, but I was responding to your post which I do not believe was relevant to the topic thread, either.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: AlongCameaSpider

A few years back, there used to be a vast homeless camp on Oahu's west coast. Not sure if it still there.

Cheers

Would not that "vast homeless camp" exist while Hawaii is under the dominance of the USA?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider
Hawaii is a welfare state.

Many other blue states gave their homeless one way tickets to Hawaii.

Go visit. At night the homeless camp in the park and on the beach. It makes going out I the evening risky. I was there on vacation and it was disturbing.

As far as I am concerned, let Hawaii have its kingdom back and remove all US funding, however the military base stays and is funded and operated by the US government.

Secession from the Union sounds great until you have to develop your own economy and military.

The only potential direct military aggressor against Hawaii is the USA.

If some other nation were to strike against Hawaii, it would most likely be to damage the US military's strategic use of Hawaii, not because they want pineapples.

Being a part of the USA puts the Hawaiian islands under greater military threat than if they weren't.

And the current heavy military use of Hawaii has also caused issues with the residents of the Islands (toxic run-offs, environmental damage, & etc).

Why would Hawaiians need to spend on a military which could never be funded sufficiently to repel their almost singular existential threat?

edit on 2024-02-11T13:59:16-06:0001Sun, 11 Feb 2024 13:59:16 -060002pm00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Venkuish1

Cheers

Cheers

Cheers

It was Fiji.

History. Educate yourself:

How Many Countries has the US Invaded as of 2024?

Foreign interventions by the United States

US Interventions - US Military and Clandestine Operations in Foreign Countries - 1798-Present

These are the only 3 countries America hasn’t invaded

Perhaps there is a reason that Hawaii might like to distance itself? Hmm?

I insist it was Fiji.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Why do I need to spend on military? Or bums or illegal aliens for that matter ?
Mandating emergency use shots is more your forte

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
My bet would be is China takes them over.
lets see how that goes for them.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   
*shrugs* if appealed upwards it will be overturned because you cant have individual states decide which part of the constitution is valid because of (insert feelings here).

Its an idiotic ruling that shouldnt have made it past birth.

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: TheSingleBillie

If you dont liek being a american leave and go to japan where ya ancestors came from.

There are very few Americans whose ancestors do NOT come from somewhere else. It would be entirely impractical for them all to return to the countries of their ancestry, not to mention the disruption such would cause.

The invaders from elsewhere massacred the first nations peoples almost into oblivion.

It was probably the largest genocide in human history, and it happened in North America.

Unless you are a citizen of the US. keep it out of your politics. Heres a idea,you get new zealand to try and liberate the nationalist hawaiins see how that goes.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 12:09 AM
link   

If you dont liek being a american leave and go to japan where ya ancestors came from.

There are very few Americans whose ancestors do NOT come from somewhere else. It would be entirely impractical for them all to return to the countries of their ancestry, not to mention the disruption such would cause.

The invaders from elsewhere massacred the first nations peoples almost into oblivion.

It was probably the largest genocide in human history, and it happened in North America.

Unless you are a citizen of the US. keep it out of your politics. Heres a idea,you get new zealand to try and liberate the nationalist hawaiins see how that goes.

There is no rule that prevents someone from discussing the political situations in other countries on an international forum.

Please refrain from insisting that people should not be allowed the right of free speech to make comment, because demanding such is futile in the first place, but also it looks childishly petulant.

edit on 2024-02-12T00:16:21-06:0012Mon, 12 Feb 2024 00:16:21 -060002am00000029 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

There is no rule that prevents someone from discussing the political situations in other countries on an international forum.

Please refrain from insisting that people should not be allowed the right of free speech to make comment, because demanding such is futile in the first place, but also it looks childishly petulant.

You see it sounds just as idiotic as your post i replied to,now do you get it?

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lovelyldy

Why do I need to spend on military? Or bums or illegal aliens for that matter ?
Mandating emergency use shots is more your forte

Then you have misunderstood.

I don't have, and never have had, that authority. Nor have I argued for it.

The closest I have gotten was to say that I understood why they were trying to do that. That is not agreement with, nor promotion of, mandates.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join