It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Archives News - Special Topics Pages - UFOs and UAPs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Apparently the National Archives have already started Cataloging all things UFO/UAP.

Here is the legislation mandate…..

AC 13.2024

Date: February 6, 2024 Memorandum to Federal Records Management Contacts: Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Records This AC memo is to inform agency records managers about the recent law on federal records related to unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP). Sections 1841-1843 of the 2024 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 118-31) require NARA to establish the ‘‘Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena Records Collection." The law also requires that by October 2024, each federal agency review, identify, and organize each UAP record in its custody for disclosure to the public and transmission to the National Archives.

As one of the first steps, NARA will provide agencies with guidance on what information will be needed to create and manage this collection. The law directs NARA to create a standard form or finding aid for agency use in identifying and reviewing records in the new UAP collection.

NARA will provide this guidance as soon as possible. A preview of the type of metadata or information NARA will need is agency name, file identifiers, document title, date, originator, from, to, location, classification level, restrictions, and number of pages. We will need to know what records can be publicly disclosed and what records must be protected, in whole or in part.

To expedite the collection process, agencies should begin identifying all unidentified anomalous phenomena records as required by the law. Agencies should begin planning on how to create metadata and review these records.

NARA will provide further guidance and communications as we develop processes to identify records responsive to the Act as well as instructions for how to transfer responsive records to the National Archives.

LAURENCE BREWER
Chief Records Officer for the U.S. Government

CHRIS NAYLOR
Executive for Research Services

Here is the directive…..

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) provides access to many government records on Unidentified Flying Objects (UFOs) and Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAPs) through the National Archives Catalog and NARA's website. Additionally, since 2023 NARA has been digitizing historical records from its holdings, in support of the Department of Defense. Digitized records are being made available in the Catalog on a rolling basis as the work is completed.

Please explore the links below to find out more about UFO records in NARA’s holdings. All links to Catalog items are downloadable and can be republished with attribution to the National Archives and Records Administration. This Special Topics page will be updated as additional records are digitized and made available online.

You might want to forever Bookmark the link below….

Home > National Archives News > Special Topics Pages > UFOs and UAPs

Disclaimer

This information is made available, in part, as a result of the Fiscal Year 2023 National Defense Authorization Act, which directed NARA to support the Department of Defense's All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO). For more information, visit www.aaro.mil

ATS…..have at it….perhaps anyone here can use the catalog as a source to post new interesting stories threads here on the forum that may not have ever been posted.

Welp….at least the National Archives kept the legacy noun “UFOs” in their heading(s)…..Perhaps they’ll….one day….add Aliens or Extraterrestrials or Biologics to their heading(s) as well.

One could only hope 😉

Enjoy

👽
edit on 8-2-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Nevermind, my question was answered with a little more reading.
edit on q00000022229America/Chicago2020America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Ok

👽
edit on 8-2-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

Ok

👽

What does 'sanitized version' mean? Swear words stricken from the record?

catalog.archives.gov...

edit on q00000028229America/Chicago2424America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Exactly what you think it means.

Lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

Lol.

Not sure they haven't explained it anywhere so that my inquiring mind stops questioning these vague terms.

But only for this time period:

"Sanitized Version of Project Blue Book Case Files on Sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects, 1947–1969

Hmm.
edit on q00000030229America/Chicago5050America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
By sanitizing they mean removing anything of importance that is not need-to-know.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: cdf21882
By sanitizing they mean removing anything of importance that is not need-to-know.

So that is classified, why not just use the term 'classified' or 'vetted'? I'm not a military person, so I don't know the meaning of some terms used.

Thanks for the explanation.
edit on q00000034229America/Chicago2020America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This might be a little off topic, but am I the only one that feels changing the name from UFO to UAP was a cop-out?

a reply to: Ophiuchus1

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Easier to get people to go along with it. You use the term classified and people tend to question things more.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Easier to get people to go along with it. You use the term classified and people tend to question things more.

Not me, that 'sanitized' term set off my alarm bells.

Another thought, why keep anything vetted or classified from that time period. Haven't all their military secrets been discovered already?
edit on q00000042229America/Chicago5353America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

This might be a little off topic, but am I the only one that feels changing the name from UFO to UAP was a cop-out?

“you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig”

😉
👽

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

after years of the psyop demonizing anyone who claimed to have seen "little green men from mars in their UFO", they can't just come out and say "Turns out UFOs might be real" without sounding like total douchbags.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well, you are here, aren't you? Lol. Most people who are absorbed in their everyday lives and follow the "narrative" wouldn't give it a second look. People like us that don't drink the Kool-Aid are keen to their buzz-words.

originally posted by: quintessentone

Not me, that 'sanitized' term set off my alarm bells.

Another thought, why keep anything vetted or classified from that time period. Haven't all their military secrets been discovered already?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh, I know why they did it. Still looks silly though. I roll my eyes every time I hear it, and it amazes me how quickly the new nomenclature was accepted.

originally posted by: network dude

after years of the psyop demonizing anyone who claimed to have seen "little green men from mars in their UFO", they can't just come out and say "Turns out UFOs might be real" without sounding like total douchbags.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Touché.

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

“you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig”

😉
👽

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

I thought it meant it's safe to use the toilet in that fleabag motel because it's been "sanitized for your protection."

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think your answer sounds most right.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Meanwhile……some UFO reporting stats covering 2000-2023, from…..

👽

new topics

top topics

join