It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Vet Who Toppled Satan Display Charged with Hate Crime

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yep, all religious displays with the M-Phasis on ALL.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Defense: He thought it was a confederate general.

*boom*

Case dismissed.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If that was the case, the biggest display of the devil in the White house or congress, with biden and democrats politicians as the source of every display.

edit on 31-1-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   
After truly reading the article an taking into consideration that the AG of the state was appointed after thousands of dollars were funneled by soros for his election, promising leaner charges for crimes in the state this issue will be dismissed and the statue will be taken to the trash bin where it belongs.

By the time the acused offender is in court he will have probably half a million dollars to cover his fees and will be exonerated with the best lawyer money can buy.

It seems democrats hell holes are that hell holes that loves and worship the devil.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Satan is Pleased his Dupes are Outraged . He will see them All in Hell when they Arrive and Reward them with............>?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Uhhhhh, I thought toppling statues even on government property was cool now.

Our White Devil founding fathers have gotta go, real devils need to be protected!

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
This guy appears to have commuted a predetermined crime, willful destruction, in that he went so far as to cross state lines to do so though labeling it a hate crime seems a bit silly to me.

It was "AN ACT OF GOD" that made him do it.

THAT excuse has been used for decades by insurance companies to negate responsibility for providing what is promised in a personal contract a person is forced to make WITH THE DEVIL.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Government buildings shouldn't have ANY religious displays in them, because this kind of thing can happen. Having a religious display, of ANY religion, in government buildings should be illegal.

This is what the Satanic Temple wants. Secularization is its main objective.

Personally I think the statue or picture of Satan should greet citizens in every building belonging to their government so that they know who they are dealing with.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The Mission Of The Satanic Temple Is To Encourage Benevolence And Empathy, Reject Tyrannical Authority, Advocate Practical Common Sense, Oppose Injustice, And Undertake Noble Pursuits.

thesatanictemple.com...

I admit I know nothing about Satanism or this group really, nor is it an interest of mine, but their mission seems forward thinking at least.

This Navy Vet was not the first, nor will be the last.

www.theguardian.com...

Is this true DeSantis blames Trump?

The governor – who is trailing Mr Trump in the polls – pointed the finger at the former president, saying that the Trump administration gave the Satanic Temple free rein to be regarded as a religion.

www.independent.co.uk...

edit on q00000008131America/Chicago1010America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Forward Thinking as Opposed to Moral Thinking ? There's the Rub .

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Forward Thinking as Opposed to Moral Thinking ? There's the Rub .

I'm not sure why they didn't drop the ram head symbolism or all symbols of Satan if they are an atheist religion. Is it just atheists sticking it to the Christians?

Yeah, here's the Temple's 2022 Illinois capitols snake and apple display at Christmas time next to the nativity scene and a menorah. I don't get it.

capitolnewsillinois.com...
edit on q00000025131America/Chicago4242America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I'm not sure why they didn't drop the ram head symbolism or all symbols of Satan if they are an atheist religion.

Maybe it is Because they are Really Pretending to be Wolf's in Sheeps Clothing ? Deception is a Fine Art , it takes an Astute Mind to Recognize it .
edit on 31-1-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I'm not sure why they didn't drop the ram head symbolism or all symbols of Satan if they are an atheist religion.

Maybe it is Because they are Really Pretending to be Wolf's in Sheeps Clothing ? Deception is a Fine Art , it takes an Astute Mind to Recognize it .

I'm not getting how their symbolisms match their tenets.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Point to one article or instance where an atheist defaced an "In God We Trust" plague or The Ten Commandments.

You might have an easier time finding something than I did.

a reply to: Moon68

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: andy06shake

Destroying property in a government building, what did they think was going to happen?

probably the same things that happened to all the folks that tore down statues all across the state over the last few years. Not a #ing thing.

Fact check:

August 16, 2017, CNN

"Seven people have been arrested in connection with the toppling of a Confederate statue during a protest this week in Durham, North Carolina, authorities said.

The Confederate Soldiers Monument was pulled down during a Monday protest at the old Durham County Courthouse to show solidarity with anti-racist activists after last weekend’s deadly clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia."

www.cnn.com...

August 24, 2018

RALEIGH, N.C. -- "Three people have been charged in connection with the toppling of the Confederate monument on UNC’ campus known as Silent Sam."

Orange County District Attorney Jim Woodall confirmed three people face charges of misdemeanor riot and misdemeanor defacing of a public monument.

“I met with investigators yesterday and they felt like misdemeanor charges were the appropriate way to go and I agreed with them,” Woodall said

Woodall said those facing the charges are not UNC students."

www.cbs17.com...

Need I go on?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:15 PM
link   
How is this a hate crime? Is it supposed to be because Satanism is a religion?

As quoted in the OP these people don't actually believe in Satan. They are just trolls.

Also some in this thread have used the term "atheist religion". Isn't that an oxymoron? How can you be part of a religion when you claim to not believe in anything?

These people are trolls.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

" Also some in this thread have used the term "atheist religion". Isn't that an oxymoron? "

It's All a matter of Personal Perceptions . The Term ' Religion " could be Replaced with the Word " Beliefs " , it would then be a bit Easier to Understand ." Atheist Beliefs " , there is NO God . Religion has Nothing to do with that , Yes ?

Atheism ....

ISM - An example of a way of behaving, speaking, writing, etc. that is typical of a particular person .
edit on 31-1-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Destroying property in a government building, what did they think was going to happen?

Mate how can you say that without Throwing up on yourself. The Hypocrisy alone of that statement should make you gag.

Destroying Government Property ...... How many statues and Government monuments have been vandalized over the past few years by the WOKE crowd ?

I just .... I just cant with you guys .

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Moon68

Well a small hint if you choose to smash up property on government premises it tends to go poorly.

And that's just how vandalizing things in public tends to go.

Sacrifices will often be made for the greater good. (By good people). Just like evil leftists will make sacrifices for the greater evil.

Right now America, and even the UK need the Beekeepers.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

originally posted by: network dude

probably the same things that happened to all the folks that tore down statues all across the state over the last few years. Not a #ing thing.

Fact check:

August 16, 2017, CNN

"Seven people have been arrested in connection with the toppling of a Confederate statue during a protest this week in Durham, North Carolina, authorities said.

The Confederate Soldiers Monument was pulled down during a Monday protest at the old Durham County Courthouse to show solidarity with anti-racist activists after last weekend’s deadly clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia."

www.cnn.com...

August 24, 2018

RALEIGH, N.C. -- "Three people have been charged in connection with the toppling of the Confederate monument on UNC’ campus known as Silent Sam."

Orange County District Attorney Jim Woodall confirmed three people face charges of misdemeanor riot and misdemeanor defacing of a public monument.

“I met with investigators yesterday and they felt like misdemeanor charges were the appropriate way to go and I agreed with them,” Woodall said

Woodall said those facing the charges are not UNC students."

www.cbs17.com...

Need I go on?

Fact checking your fact check:

Regarding that first case you cited..
7 were dismissed outright, 1 not guilty
In other words, not a thing.
www.liberationnews.org...

That 2nd case Silent Sam…

“ District Court Judge Lunsford Long convicted Jimenez and Birchfield-Finn of all three charges in 2019 and and sentenced them to 24 hours in jail.”
They actually appealed that, then this happened…
“Two of the remaining people facing charges in the toppling of the Confederate statue known as Silent Sam saw their charges dismissed by the court system this week.”
Fun fact: Jimenez was also at the toppling of the first case statue the week before the toppling of Silent Sam.
He was one of those arrested and his charges dismissed.

Please go on.

edit on 31-1-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join