It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Alligator Moats:’ Dem’s Depiction of ‘MAGA’ Border Spurs Unexpected Praise for Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
headlineusa.com...

(Luis Cornelio, Headline USA) Rep. Robert Garcia, D-Calif., found his dramatic characterization of the so-called “MAGA plan for the border” widely shared on social media—but not for the reasons Garcia intended.

“The Donald Trump and MAGA plan is alligator moats, bombing northern Mexico, shooting migrants in the legs and electrifying the fence and putting spikes on them,” Garcia said during a House Homeland Security Committee hearing on DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’s impeachment.

However, Garcia’s exaggerated depiction of the plan, supposedly proposed by former President Donald Trump and House Republicans, unexpectedly garnered praise on social media. Twitter critics suggested that such extreme measures would, ironically, make them more likely to vote for Trump.

talk about reading the room. If you look at the responses to this, it's pretty comical. I don't think his intent was to campaign for Trump, but that's sort of how it turned out.

So what does ATS think? Alligators in a moat? Sharks with frickin laser beams? Fences with a mined area? Or my favorite, declaring the border a military zone, fenced on both sides of it, and post the same signs you have on all military installations (Use of Deadly Force Authorized). One way or the other, we need to secure our border and fully understand who is coming in. And for the terminally TDS infected, that doesn't mean nobody can come in, it means that everyone who comes in does it correctly. If you have a coherent argument as to why doing it the wrong way is better, I'd like to hear it.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I already want it.

They don't have to keep trying to sell it to me.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Meh.

You add both Sharks (although the laser beams would be cool as heck) and alligators, and they are going to fight, and then people are going to take sides and that is just going to lead to all kinds of problems. We don't want that.

How about we just build a wall.
Anyone suggest that yet?

Although, thinking about it, if they are both well fed, would they even fight?
edit on 31-1-2024 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

A wall. Nope, this is the first I have heard of this idea.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It's social media. What did you expect?

Anyone can post pretty much what they want - even the trolls.

It is the very media of trolls.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Trolls under the bridges! Yes!

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   

" So what does ATS think? Alligators in a moat? Sharks with frickin laser beams? Fences with a mined area? Or my favorite, declaring the border a military zone, fenced on both sides of it, and post the same signs you have on all military installations (Use of Deadly Force Authorized)."

I dunno , if you saw those things on your way to Committing a Crime by Illegally entering another Country would it make you Stop and Pause before Proceeding ? I would Hope so Because you were WARNED .

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I am all for those border obstacles and more.
All those things and have 1 and only 1 armored door on the entire border, not even a double door, just one 6 foot thick door.

Open that door 2 or 3 times a week and let 40-50 people in at one time.

They all get identified and if they are eligible, start them on the process to citizenship.

Any sketchy individuals, get sent back through and they cannot try again for 5 years.

If they do not follow through with the path to citizenship, they get sent back through the door and they don’t get another chance.

Enough is enough with the illegal border jumpers.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I am Partial to the Psychological Terror of FAKE Land Mine Signs . Do you Believe them to be Real , or just Laugh and proceed to Walk through them with Arrogant Impunity ?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Make the border a huge wipeout game but with deadly obstacles, and charge pay per view!!!

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hmm. About a week ago I said this concerning the razor wire at the Texas border in another thread.

Good. They should also dig a moat. Fill it with water. And alligators. And those electric eel things! Hopefully the alligators don't eat the eels...

Can I sue for copyright infringement?

Pay up Luis.
edit on 3112024 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Hmm. About a week ago I said this concerning the razor wire at the Texas border in another thread.

Good. They should also dig a moat. Fill it with water. And alligators. And those electric eel things! Hopefully the alligators don't eat the eels...

Can I sue for copyright infringement?

Pay up Luis.

so you are the guy. Should a known it would be one of us. But sorry, you are out of luck. Rules regarding literature and academia have been suspended for a bit, so that really isn't a crime or even wrong at this point. Harvard has a new major in plagiarism. How to juice up your work 101 is an easy A. It's all cut and paste.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:59 PM
link   
o sole mio 😀

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Ah , er , Yeah ! so you are the guy. Should a known it would be one of us. But sorry, you are out of luck. Rules regarding literature and academia have been suspended for a bit, so that really isn't a crime or even wrong at this point. Harvard has a new major in plagiarism. How to juice up your work 101 is an easy A. It's all cut and paste.

..........*)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 08:10 PM
link   

MAGA Marj Taylor Green has said some pretty absurd things that might feed into this.

I agree with a secure border, with secure points of entry for legal travel.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That guy sounds like he is sincerely trying to support a non-partisan bill to secure the border... no hyperbole at all, just friendly open debating. Why does Donald Trump always have to ruin the harmony.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The point may actually be: The ciminal smuggling cartels should really be the target. ⭕️♾️

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
The point may actually be: The ciminal smuggling cartels should really be the target. ⭕️♾️

The cartels are big business... they lobby just like the rest of them. They will never be targets.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Looks like these criminal organizations are espousing global cooperation.

“Iranian hired Hells Angel to kill defector, US says“

www.bbc.com...

I’m sure that the Cartels are in on the game.
edit on 31-1-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join