It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE DEATH OF PHYSICAL MEDIA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

edit on 1/29/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

Yeah they want everything to be available on subscription only, on the one hand there is more money to be made long term from this model, on the other they can control what is available and to who. No more misinformation for you! That niche thing that you could pick up second hand, or was even collectible, won’t be available anymore and if it is it will be a fortune to stream/play.

Luckily there are way’s around the digital gulag they want to force on everyone, but most will choose convenience.

I've bought more NEW vinyl in the past two years than I have ever bought in my life. Every concert I've gone to has had vinyl available.. one concert last year we purchased 5 records at the show... it will only die if you let it.
edit on 29-1-2024 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Old man yells at sky

Technology doesn't wait for you, that's vanity.

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Enjoyed going to a huge 'Meta Garage Sale' at the fairgrounds the other weekend.
Got me like 6 new DVDs for less than $10 and a couple books!

Our hobby is getting used CDs and DVDs. Still watch them on the weekend, and the CDs sound of course way better on the stereo than the radio does. It's nice to have something playing for dinner.

No smart # here, minus a TV in the basement that's only good feature is Youtube. But it's hooked up to our home theatre system.

Discs for the win!

a reply to: Klassified

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Its all about stopping us from selling a game or film on once we have finished with it. Lots of kids often part x old games for new ones but that stops with no physical disc.
Wanna play an older game on a modern console ? yep just buy it again and again and again.

I am proud to say I have never purchased a downloadable game, film or tv show and never will.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

<< 1   >>

join