It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You May Have Amnesia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: JinMI

No. My question was not based on any such thing but I grow tired of trying to nail jelly to the ceiling.

Carpy has left the building.

Feel free to have the last word.

Ok, you may leave but I will back up what I said for posterity.

You:

If we had not backed Ukraine,

Should the US have negotiated with Japan after Pearl Harbour?

Actions like a full scale invasion of Ukraine?

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

What the hell happen to you ?

1964 Ronald Reagan

2022 Donald Trump

Never seen such a political U-turn like this one....

Aaand whatever happened to the USSR?

Talk about floggin' a dead 'orse!

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

But if reagan saw what NATO became and how they vilify Russia he wouldn't agree with that either. Just because they are enemies don't mean we should make them the boogie man. Can't you see what they're doing?

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   

We shouldn't give crap to the Ukraine they should Seattle they're own fights we have enough problems to go around

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 01:05 AM
link   
How does one Seattle a fight?

a reply to: Opossum19

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The USSR went to hibernation ( typical communist plot
) , to be revived again when the right time goes .

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Opossum19

Seriously, NATO was sleeping while Russia started operations in Ukraine , even when Russia taked Crimea the West and NATO were not reacting enough. They should been in other mode right from 2014 IMO .

edit on 29-1-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2024 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It’s by design, from the same set of plans that keeps the USA south border free for all.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Reagan wouldn’t side with the Russians over his own country.

You mean like Biden is doing right now, only with China?

Note: Trump isn't 'siding' with Russia, either against America, or even Ukraine, he is siding with sanity, and against the war mongers.

Reagan took a hard line with Russia.

Apparently you are oblivious to the fact that the Russia of today is a completely diofferent animal than the USSR of Reagans days.

Remember the Berlin Wall?

Reagan was a firm believer in the importance of alliances like NATO and wouldn’t have approved of Trump constantly chastising our allies while kissing up to enemies of the US like Russia.

NATO was formed to defend against the USSR... something that doesn't even exist today.

Also, all of the other NATO members have been bleeding America dry while refusing to pay their fair share (I only use that phrase when it actually means something).

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I would say you need to study more about Russia, their current psyche goes back centuries, their psychic issues....it did not just die and walk away when the Soviet Union collapsed , nor when the Berlin wall was crushed. They still have same issue, mentality and way of thinking.

If the threat would really been vanishing from the collapse of USSR , then why 15 new members after the collapse of USSR ? and #16 soon with Sweden .

In the Putin controlled news, NATO is constantly attacking Russia, which is perpetually under siege. Russia sees itself as being at constant war with NATO.

Russians get their news on Putin-controlled television, comprised of “different facts”. The relevant story on those channels is that NATO is constantly attacking Russia, which is perpetually under siege. Russia sees itself as being at constant war with NATO

A short history of Russia's long standing paranoia about the West

Survey says 86.6% of Russians support the armed invasion of Russia in other European countries

Human Life Has No Value There“: Baltic Counterintelligence Officers Speak Candidly About Russian Cruelty

edit on 31-1-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I would say you need to study more about Russia, their current psyche goes back centuries, their psychic issues....it did not just die and walk away when the Soviet Union collapsed , nor when the Berlin wall was crushed. They still have same issue, mentality and way of thinking.

All irrelevant to the fact that the actual threat they pose is drastically reduced and no longer warrants a NATO organization.

If the threat would really been vanishing from the collapse of USSR , then why 15 new members after the collapse of USSR ? and #16 soon with Sweden .

Looks like you are the one who needs to study more, because the answer to that is as old as governments themselves...

The nature of bureaucracies is to grow, and never, EVER reduce in size, much less to eliminate themselves when no longer needed.

A short history of Russia's long standing paranoia about the West

Paranoia will destroy ya... let it be.

Surve y says 86.6% of Russians support the armed invasion of Russia in other European countries

A survey of... who? Conducted by... who?

Rotflmao!

Human Life Has No Value There“: Baltic Counterintelligence Officers Speak Candidly About Russian Cruelty

My wife is Russian, she laughs at the idea that Russia is a threat to the USA. The best they MIGHT be able to do is to destroy us if we ever went nuts and decided to initiate a nuclear first strike.

All that is needed to to9tally debunk your paranoia that Russia is a threat to the USA is to look at whjat is going on in Ukraine right now.
edit on 31-1-2024 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

We here close Russia know them , from many sad events in past and right now, it`s ridiculous you start blaming all having paranoija , whole Eastern Europe , Scandinavia have pretty much similar views as i ...a large majorety anyway . I guess you did not notice how Russians also are threatening UK quite often too...

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

All irrelevant to the fact that the actual threat they pose is drastically reduced and no longer warrants a NATO organization.

Unless of course you are an ex-Soviet Union or Warsaw Pact nation that suffered under Soviet control, now values its independence and feels threatened by Putin's expansionism and desire to reconstruct 'Greater' Russia, aka The Soviet Union.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I know I'm late to the party, but it looks like most people either have forgotten or don't care at all why it was that Russia actually went after Ukraine. Not the reason the news told us, but the actual landscape and reasoning, including but not limited to the Ukraine's acts against it's own citizens and the multiple bioweapons labs that were sized (that were illegal pursuant to international law). But media says poor Ukrainians and Russia big bad, so that's what we go with.

So yes, it appears that a lot of people do in fact have amnesia.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

What "bioweapons" labs?

PS -you forgot "De-Nazification".
edit on 31-1-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

We here close Russia know them , from many sad events in past and right now, it`s ridiculous you start blaming all having paranoija , whole Eastern Europe , Scandinavia have pretty much similar views as i ...a large majorety anyway . I guess you did not notice how Russians also are threatening UK quite often too...

It's all bluster and noise. Sorry if you can't see that.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Unless of course you are an ex-Soviet Union or Warsaw Pact nation that suffered under Soviet control, now values its independence and feels threatened by Putin's expansionism and desire to reconstruct 'Greater' Russia, aka The Soviet Union.

What is your evidence that Russia is threatening to reinvade all of the former USSR states?

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I cant believe i am seeing this , is this really how possible next US president talks, member of NATO alliance ?

(CNN ) —

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday said he would encourage Russia to do “whatever the hell they want” to any NATO member country that doesn’t meet spending guidelines on defense in a stunning admission he would not abide by the collective-defense clause at the heart of the alliance if reelected.

“NATO was busted until I came along,” Trump said at a rally in Conway, South Carolina

. “I said, ‘Everybody’s gonna pay.’ They said, ‘Well, if we don’t pay, are you still going to protect us?’ I said, ‘Absolutely not.’ They couldn’t believe the answer.” Trump said “one of the presidents of a big country” at one point asked him whether the US would still defend the country if they were invaded by Russia even if they “don’t pay.” “No, I would not protect you,” Trump recalled telling that president. “In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills

"to do whatever the hell they want’ to any NATO country that doesn’t pay enough "

Trump says he would encourage Russia to ‘do whatever the hell they want’ to any NATO country that doesn’t pay enough

Trump says he would 'encourage' Russia to attack Nato allies who do not pay their bills

Dont incite mad Vlad to continue he`s mad imperialist massacre campaign ....

posted on Feb, 11 2024 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Know your History .... Charles Lindbergh was a Nazi Sympathizer along with Henry Ford . The Japanese Empire was a Member of the Axis Powers At that Time , Russia was the Soviet Union , a Communist Regime , it is Now the Russian Federation . Deny Ignorance .

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join