It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Idiotic Investment - Bury the Trees to Prevent Possible Forest Fire CO2 Emissions!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
How much CO2 will be created digging the holes and covering up what gets buryed? 🤓

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey
How much CO2 will be created digging the holes and covering up what gets buryed? 🤓

I believe they are digging holes for it in the Nevada desert, is there CO2 in that soil/sand?

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

I believe they are digging holes for it in the Nevada desert, is there CO2 in that soil/sand?

Whatabout the fuel usage for the equipment and worker transportation? 😃

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Whatabout the fuel usage for the equipment and worker transportation? 😃

How do you know their equipment and transportation use fuel?

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Thank you for factual info.

I honestly do not understand the obsessive put down of the Gates.

Jealousy, maybe?

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Jealousy, maybe?

No idea but I'll continue to post facts and maybe banter the feelz around now and again just for s***s and giggles.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Jealousy, maybe?

No idea but I'll continue to post facts and maybe banter the feelz around now and again just for s***s and giggles.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Jealousy, maybe?

Maybe it's the two subject matters together that is a double trigger for some here. With Gates, I can't figure that one out because he gives money to both parties evenly. It's a mystery.
edit on q00000040131America/Chicago5050America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
I think he's never walked through a forrest on a hot summer day ?

Their leaves absorb solar radiation, transpire water and create shade, so lowering the temperature in their immediate environment. During a heat wave, a dense foliage provides much-needed shelter and a park or public garden with lots of trees quickly feels like an oasis in the urban desert.

We need more trees around the world to lower temperatures

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

Of course not ...

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
MIT Tecnology Review

A stealth effort to bury wood for carbon removal has just raised millions
Kodama has raised more than $6 million from Bill Gates’ climate fund and other investors, as it pursues new ways to reduce wildfire risks and lock away carbon in harvested trees.

A California startup is pursuing a novel, if simple, plan for ensuring that dead trees keep carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere...

But MIT Technology Review can now report the company has raised around $6.6 million from Bill Gates’s climate fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, as well as Congruent Ventures and other investors.

...a pilot effort to bury waste biomass harvested from California forests in the Nevada desert and study how well it prevents the release of greenhouse gases...

They aren't talking about cutting down green trees and burying them. They are talking about collecting dead timber and waste material from conventional timber harvesting operations for burial. The tops and limbs of cut timber.
As the dead wood and leaves deteriorate, they enrich the soil. Burying them on site could damage the tree roots. Most of the mass of a tree comes from the air, they absorb the carbon and other gasses which increase the size of the trees by promoting growth. So, they are going to haul that wood out to the desert when it should be left there to insure a healthy forest. Loggers here know about this but lately they are selling all the scrap chipped up to the biomass fuel companies to make pellets out of. I guess immediate profit is changing the way that loggers are thinking these days,

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Their leaves absorb solar radiation, transpire water and create shade, so lowering the temperature in their immediate environment. During a heat wave, a dense foliage provides much-needed shelter and a park or public garden with lots of trees quickly feels like an oasis in the urban desert.

Your post is pretty much fully correct. Managing forests properly is important. Ants eat the dead trees too, and create fertilizer for the trees to use. If you remove all of the dead trees, woodpeckers start pecking holes in healthy trees too, which damages the tree while not giving them any food. Those holes do create housing for flying squirrels and birds though. Birds in the area also poop and their poop is high in nitrogen which makes trees more resistant to fires. They use nitrogen compounds to fight fires.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   
So, you all think this is some idea Gates just dreamed up in his head -- by himself -- without scientific support?

Really?

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

100% stop cutting down forests and putting up concrete and steel.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 05:01 AM
link   
If Gates is involved it's usually evil lol

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Aside from that , they are beautiful and give many different coloration

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This right here is an example of why people who smoke a lot of dope, or have never spend a day in the real world need to be removed from the population and sent to an island where they can live by their wits, and forced to cohabitate with nature, on NATURE’S Terms.

What I want more than anything is to round up all the elites who think they know best how to live, and them force them to live their idyllic life on an island cut off from the real world where they cannot bother the rest of us. By the end of a week it would be Lord Of The Flies and our problems would solve themselves. a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Aside from that , they are beautiful and give many different coloration

When walking through the land around here, you will see lots of trees that are not symetrical or beautiful. They have scars from broken branches and are crooked. Some think they are inferior looking, I think they are perfect and beautiful. Life has not been easy on them but they survived. People always look for that perfect Christmas tree, one that has been pruned to perfection. I on the other hand think those kind of trees are not natural. I remember going into the woods with my parents when I was young and picking out a tree, then coming home and drilling holes to graft some of the branches into the trunk to fill it in. Those branches we grafted in lasted just as long as the trees regular branches did in the house most times, getting water and nutrients to last three weeks in the house. Then we brought the old tree back out to the woods to be recycled, making sure to take all the tinsel off of it before hauling it away. The smell from a real christmas tree or ceder wreath deactivates some types of viruses somewhat...strange but true medical fact.

A person with scars on them from an accident are not ugly, you can see a history of their life and survival in those scars. Some look for perfect skin, I look at a person's personality and their wisdom to judge their beauty. Often that person who is all scarred up has a demeaning attitude because of others judging their appearance. It is the fault of those who judge him or societies infatuation with what is considered normal that makes them cranky. I have some scars from working and living, but as I became a senior citizen I realized...screw society if they believe their vision of perfection is screwed up.

Sort of a rant, and I am far less scarred than some others are, and I am by no means going to let their idea of what is beautiful dictate how I look at nature. A real lot of money is spent by people to try to make themselves look perfect and those people are a little nuts in my thoughts, they are OCD and cannot see that if others do not like them the way they are, then their friendship may not be real.

My friendship with nature is real, even the dead trees and the branches on the ground have some purpose in nature. It is the chemistry and equipment created by science coupled with ignorance of nature because of desire for profit and prestige that hurts the environment. That deer pooping out fertilizer and farting is good for nature. Those natures carpenters building homes for animals while protecting the trees from bugs...woodpeckers... are good even though they do peck holes in your soffit,siding, and deck. Society has to learn what we consider bad is not always bad. In all good there is some bad, in all bad there is some good. If I find a twenty dollar bill on the floor in a store, it is good for me but bad for someone who lost it.

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That's a nice story. Many don't know the power of trees , the energy they put out is much greater as thought, trees communicatie, trees also decide what kind of plant life surrounding those trees live or die.

Twenty years ago I've had anxiety issues, what astounded me was that looking at trees in the forest and especially their leaves moving in the wind and the sound it made, made me calm and at ease

Weeks later I went to local forests with a lot of very tall and beautiful trees and started to hold them and looking high up to their leaves blowing in the wind.

The trees cured my anxiety literally , the energy those trees that I embraced is something I never felt by any therapist that tried to help me back than.

The trees I held felt like when a parent holds his child and calms it down , does that sound stupid , I don't know but nature still holds secrets that even now science is baffled about.

If trees could talk and they probably do in a more chemical way we could understand so much more of world and history as we know now?

I've also been rescued by a climbing plant when I was hanging thirty feet high on rooftop with a climbing plant on the sidewall straight up to the rooftop, I discovered that the main root of a climbing plant is almost as thick as the trunk , I could grabb it and climb down.

So yes I love trees as of nature itself, as the return of wolves could sprout an entire ecosystem, so do trees to a whole planet IMHO

posted on Jan, 28 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I bought a fault finder which has a signal sent into a wire and you have another reciever that you can use to trace the signal in wiring to locate the wire.

I drilled a hole in one tree and installed a copper rod in it then hooked up the sending unit to it. I tested all the branches that were low and found it was a better signal than I found in car wiring. I stepped back about fifteen feet and the receiver came close to a branch on another tree and went off. It also was stronger than what I got in car wiring. It had a meter on it for identifying resistance. So I went to check other trees in that area, that signal was strong in trees up to twenty feet away, tapered off at twenty five feet but was still there, the next closest tree was about thirty five feet away and I could not pick up a signal on that one. Some weeds up to thirty five feet away were still pretty strong, but only the kind that have deep roots like dandelions and some that I do not know the name of. Near that tree, the raspberry bushes had lots of signal too. I was surprised and did some research and found a few articles of scientists that had also tested this. Their explanation was the electrolytes in the soil and they also said that that might be how plants signal other plants if there is a threat around like a deer or bugs chewing on their leaves. So it is very possible that not only do plants have chemical signals, they also may have frequency signals.

I then tested the charge on the bark of trees using a small copper nail. At ten feet it was high voltage, very low amps...did some research and the research showed about a couple hundred volts at six feet, a thousand or more volts at thirty feet surface charge, and only about thirty volts at closer to ground level....Out comes the tester and ladders, I only had a twenty foot ladder and if I leaned it on that tree...the voltage must have discharged as a surface tension down the ladder...so I tried leaning it against a tree and measuring it on the other tree at twenty feet. About seven hundred volts is what I got, and the same amount of Milli-amps as down lower on the tree. I think it was about thirty five Milli-amps approximately if I remember correctly. I was testing mostly to develop a way to make electricity from the variance in the tree voltage. At night, I expected the difference to get smaller, but actually the voltage difference got slightly higher and there was no difference in the amps. So, because the volts are high, and amps low, it is possible to create energy to power an led light from the difference. Someone already patented that and sold the patent and this technology has not been made available in the USA but I guess it was being considered for power in low income areas of the world to power lights. You do not need a tree, a tower or pole can do this too as energy flows from the earth to sky or sky to earth. Not good to have something like this hooked up in a thunder storm though, might just burn out anything attached to the coil circuit needed to adjust the voltage to a usable voltage. Another reason I abandoned this research, other than there being a patent already on it, is because people will exploit this which will jeopardize the health of the tree, that surface charge protects it from things like microbes, taking a little is all right, but I would bet taking too much might kill the tree.

I like the woods, I do not want to invent something that people will exploit that will harm nature. I know people, they will suck every bit of energy out of the trees just so they can have more money to get a couple more beers or eat out one more time a week. Some big company bought that guys patent and buried it....which means it worked.

Now I have gone way off topic, just have to share a lot of research and testing I did.

Think about this, when you are in the woods, energy flows between the earth and sky through the trees, less flows through you so it calms you.

edit on 28-1-2024 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join