It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well that's good news

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Ok, i don't know where to put this because we don't have a "Stupid" forum, but here it is. I know it's not supposed to be funny, but when I read this headline I had to just stop and laugh my ass off.

www.foxnews.com...

FAA’s diversity push includes focus on hiring people with ‘severe intellectual’ and ‘psychiatric’ disabilities

The Federal Aviation Administration is actively recruiting workers who suffer "severe intellectual" disabilities, psychiatric problems and other mental and physical conditions under a diversity and inclusion hiring initiative spelled out on the agency’s website.

"Targeted disabilities are those disabilities that the Federal government, as a matter of policy, has identified for special emphasis in recruitment and hiring," the FAA’s website states. "They include hearing, vision, missing extremities, partial paralysis, complete paralysis, epilepsy, severe intellectual disability, psychiatric disability and dwarfism."

Good luck out there.

Still lmao.

edit on 14-1-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So they are saying only Liberals need apply?

Extremely happy that I don’t need to fly anywhere.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I'm not going to speak for others on the subject but for me, I prefer my surgeons and pilots to be long experienced in their fields and not diversity hires.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Where's your sense of adventure ? I mean, an epileptic brain surgeon, what could go wrong ?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I laughed, too. But is was laughter more like this ...

At the risk of being redundant as this is my avatar ...

:
edit on 2024 1 14 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   

A few days ago I opened a thread to discuss an article on Palladium Magazine's website that discusses how the DEI initiative is causing a collapse of the complex systems that keep modern economies and societies running.

I was amazed at the people who wanted to defend this kind of thing. Apparently meritocracy and having systems that actuall work is not important to some people. According to some left-wingnut rag and a few people around here, actually producing products and services that work is secondary to "an ethos that recognizes the value of diverse voices and emphasizes inclusivity and employee well-being as central facets of success."

And all this time I was under the impression that the central facet of success was DOING YOUR FRIGGIN' JOB CORRECTLY!!!!

Hmm... Apparently not.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Its a bit harsh on Dwarfs isn't it-being small is hardly comparable to "completely paralysed"

I would take a dwarf pilot over a completely paralysed one any day of the week.
As long as the dwarf has a cushion to sit on to see out the cockpit window.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Will they all be Certified "4Imprints Certain" ? ☢️😀😀

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I hate flying. My own experiences.

Whatever.

I am a guy who likes to wander. Explore. That is how I learn. And I am always amused by roadside attractions.

At least now I have a reason based in reality.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:51 PM
link   
ATS member network dude made a great observation recently with his thread 'where DEI fails in real time".

The left insists there be no barriers. We MUST practice inclusion. Anyone can be a pilot, a surgeon, a police chief, a corporate CEO, mayor or governor.
But strangely, the line seems to be drawn at professional sports. No DEI there. Where's the outrage?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Oh the audacity, the idiocy, the silliness of this idea. Imagine hiring people to fill jobs that do not have the needed requirements for. How many blind people do we think will be hired to pilot airplanes under this program. How many deaf people will be hired to answer telephones.

In reading the link provided I saw no exclusion for competence, no exclusion for skills. What a terrible idea.

But wait that is not it at all, rather what I read from the link was that people with certain disabilities should be considered for positions which do not require a skill level that their disability would disqualify them from accomplishing

When asked for comment on the initiative, including what roles people with disabilities would fulfill, the FAA told Fox News Digital that the agency thoroughly seeks and vets qualified candidates "from as many sources as possible" for a range of positions.

"The FAA employs tens of thousands of people for a wide range of positions, from administrative roles to oversight and execution of critical safety functions. Like many large employers, the agency proactively seeks qualified candidates from as many sources as possible, all of whom must meet rigorous qualifications that of course will vary by position," the FAA said.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I honestly feel like some of you guys are just addicted to being angry and if there ain’t nothing to be angry about, then you’ll make something up and blow it completely out of context… just for that one more hit of feeling angry about something again.

Ain’t nobody hiring blind airplane pilots… lol.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Years ago, and still going on in some businesses around here today, companies used to hire some people who were slow to work on certain jobs. A grocery bagger in a store does not need to be really smart and adaptive. A person sweeping the floors and shoveling outside in a flooring mill doesn't need to be really intelligent. They used to have jobs for those who were a little challenged all over the place in our society, it gave these people a sense of normality in society.

But you cannot train these slow people to do every job. and they might not be able to climb the ladder in employment. But I respect that these kind of people are working and doing their part for society. We have a couple of people working in stores bagging and getting carts that are like this, they seem really friendly. They are sane, they just have disabilities that limit what they can do. They can get real good at doing their job and if their attitude is right, they are good for society.

Some people treat these people rudely, I always try to treat them nice, just because they cannot think really well to advance does not mean they should be disrespected. I don't care for the people who treat these workers disrespectfully myself, I think it is great that they are working and making a living. If everyone was like me...this world would be awfully boring.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Bluntone22

Where's your sense of adventure ? I mean, an epileptic brain surgeon, what could go wrong ?

Fit for the role, eh?

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Years ago, and still going on in some businesses around here today, companies used to hire some people who were slow to work on certain jobs. A grocery bagger in a store does not need to be really smart and adaptive. A person sweeping the floors and shoveling outside in a flooring mill doesn't need to be really intelligent. They used to have jobs for those who were a little challenged all over the place in our society, it gave these people a sense of normality in society.

But you cannot train these slow people to do every job. and they might not be able to climb the ladder in employment. But I respect that these kind of people are working and doing their part for society. We have a couple of people working in stores bagging and getting carts that are like this, they seem really friendly. They are sane, they just have disabilities that limit what they can do. They can get real good at doing their job and if their attitude is right, they are good for society.

Some people treat these people rudely, I always try to treat them nice, just because they cannot think really well to advance does not mean they should be disrespected. I don't care for the people who treat these workers disrespectfully myself, I think it is great that they are working and making a living. If everyone was like me...this world would be awfully boring.

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   

DAMN! I just remembered this scene from iduocracy

posted on Jan, 14 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost
I honestly feel like some of you guys are just addicted to being angry and if there ain’t nothing to be angry about, then you’ll make something up and blow it completely out of context… just for that one more hit of feeling angry about something again.

Ain’t nobody hiring blind airplane pilots… lol.

I'm addicted to traveling in vehicles that don't blow up.

I know: silly me!

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 1/17/2024 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   

edit on 1/15/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

To emphasize . . .

A person sweeping the floors and shoveling outside in a flooring mill doesn't need to be really intelligent. They used to have jobs for those who were a little challenged all over the place in our society, it gave these people a sense of normality in society.

There used to be a place in society and even respect for the village idiot and the court jester who often had great wisdom to offer those who would listen, even seek them out. To quote Pink Floyd,

". . .

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd. Smiling.
Merciless the magistrate turns ’round. Frowning.

And who’s the fool who wears the crown?"

From the song "Fearless” track 3 on Pink Floyd’s 6th album "Meddle"
edit on 1/15/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join