It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beard - Before and After

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So, on 12/12/2023 I started my goal of reading through the entire Bible and upload it to YouTube as I go along. I've been sharing my progress in this thread:

A New Project On Reading the Bible.

A couple of interesting things happened since then. My dad was tragically in a horrible car crash which totalled his Outback he was in. He was on the way home from the pharmacy with my mom's meds. They're both retired. By a miracle he wasn't killed. But they had to cut him out of the driver's seat with the "Jaws of Life." And he was in the hospital for almost a week, and then in a rehab hospital for another week. And that started almost when I started to upload my recordings to YouTube. Actually almost the same day. I wanted to go up to the States to help take care of my mom. But my other brothers were already helping, and I was asked to stay here in Mexico as I would just be in the way for the time being. But I shared my link with my dad. And he said he would listen to me read the Bible every day while he was in bed in the hospital. And that it was special for him.

Another thing happened. I started to grow my beard. The last time I shaved was on 12/10/23. And I started my project on 12/12. So I had just shaved. And thought today, wouldn't it be cool to just let my beard grow out until I'm finished reading through the Bible and uploading it to YouTube. And mentioned it to my wife and she was agreeable to the idea. So that is y goal now. I will post my before and after pictures. I wasn't really paying attention to it at first, but I have been taking a picture of my beard progress every Sunday after our religious meetings at the kingdom hall, at least for the past couple weeks. I'm going to start doing it every week now. And I was looking for a shot of me before I shaved, and I have one with my wife on the beach around the middle of November. So anyway I put these together the first is from mid-November clean shaven. And then the last two Sundays after the meeting. And then today. Today is about a month without shaving. This is new for me as I've never gone this long in my life without shaving. And I'm really enjoying how the beard is coming out. If anyone with beards or experience with beards and growing one out has any suggestions feel free to share!

November 19, 2023:

December 31, 2023:

January 7, 2024:

Today (January 10, 2024):

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034
I don't know why but that beard looks better than without a beard, no offense intended.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus
I don't know why but that beard looks better than without a beard, no offense intended.

Peace.

Yep. I šŸ’Æ% agree. No offense taken.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Beard 4sure

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I concur with previous posters. The question is - does JW hierarchy allow beards now?

They didnā€™t 20 years ago when I left. Even though every depiction of Jesus was with a beardā€¦

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I concur with previous posters. The question is - does JW hierarchy allow beards now?

They didnā€™t 20 years ago when I left. Even though every depiction of Jesus was with a beardā€¦

Watch this:

Update 8

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser2034

Watch this:

Update 8

I watched it in its entirety. Iā€™m astonished how disingenuous a member of the ā€œGoverning Bodyā€ can be.

It looked like deleted scenes from the movie ā€˜1984ā€™.

If my mom wasnā€™t so fragile, Iā€™d be showing her these discrepancies.

I mean no ill will to you. However, if that man is a spokesperson for the JWā€™s ā€” I feel sorry for you. 20 straight minutes of narcissismā€¦..

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Photo 1: Man finally meets woman after donating $10,000 to her OnlyFans account.

Photo 2: Man goes to court to recoup money paid to woman.

Photo 3: Man loses case.

Photo 4: Man loses $1000 after his team didn't make the playoffs because of bad coaching and cheating referees.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Photo 1: Man finally meets woman after donating $10,000 to her OnlyFans account.

Photo 4: Man loses $1000 after his team didn't make the playoffs because of bad coaching and cheating referees.

LOL. That's perfect.

25 years happily married.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Watch this:

Update 8

I watched it in its entirety. Iā€™m astonished how disingenuous a member of the ā€œGoverning Bodyā€ can be.

I mean no ill will to you. However, if that man is a spokesperson for the JWā€™s ā€” I feel sorry for you. 20 straight minutes of narcissismā€¦..

Noice. I got you to watch a full update. We're making progress.

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

LOL. That's perfect.

25 years happily married.

In that case, beard or no beard, you got it going on. Your wife is hot!

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Watch this:

Update 8

LOL, Please reread what I said. Selective hearing. All JWā€™s are the sameā€¦. šŸ»

posted on Jan, 10 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Watch this:

Update 8

LOL, Please reread what I said. Selective hearing. All JWā€™s are the sameā€¦. šŸ»

Jehovah does without a doubt draw people with the same mental disposition to him. All of the meek and humble are drawn to him, because that is who he is and whom he draws to himself. Unfortunately pretty soon there won't be any left in the world. Jesus said it beautifully didn't he when he praised Jehovah for hiding the truth from the intellectuals of the world and revealing them to little babes, because that is the way he is pleased to do.

He's shaking and rocking the nations and all the desirable things are coming in. And not one will be missing when his day arrives.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I think beards always look better. You also remind me of Lee Arenburg.

Lee Arenburg

edit on 11-1-2024 by cocnutcrab883 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I've observed you for some time now, and I gotta chime in here.

You talk to these people as if you're some humble dude. But you have this smug demeanor that in the back of your mind you believe you are going to be a "king" over these people you are conversing with. I can tell you're trying to hide, what you think is fact, and that you are some elect who will rule over a nation of people in the New world, once Christ has returned. You're pretentiousness shows, and I can tell you really are looking down on these people as if they are the dirt under you're feet, and that you will be their king one day.

Just wanted the audience to be aware of this.

The Bible warns of this.
To the rest,
Beware of false prophets.
This dude thinks he will rule over you all, and be a Savior one day.

You can't fake true humility.

As for the beard. Keep it.

edit on 11-1-2024 by Leftiris13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2024 by Leftiris13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   

All I can add is Ive had a mustache everyday since 1970.....54 yrs.

Save it off? Look exactly like my a--!. The Bible n Beard thing? Just an interesting add about not shaving.....

In my 1st Nation heritage a boy becomes a man when he kills his 1st deer/elk/bison. He becomes a warrior when he kills his 1st enemy. He becomes an Elder when he reaches a great age, a Statesmen when as Elder he is of...greater age.

That Elder Statesman walks in 3 worlds: the past, the present and tomorrow.

Historically, beards have connotated a man has reached a pinnacle of life: Age, wisdom etc....

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leftiris13
I've observed you for some time now, and I gotta chime in here.

You talk to these people as if you're some humble dude. But you have this smug demeanor that in the back of your mind you believe you are going to be a "king" over these people you are conversing with. I can tell you're trying to hide, what you think is fact, and that you are some elect who will rule over a nation of people in the New world, once Christ has returned. You're pretentiousness shows, and I can tell you really are looking down on these people as if they are the dirt under you're feet, and that you will be their king one day.

Just wanted the audience to be aware of this.

The Bible warns of this.
To the rest,
Beware of false prophets.
This dude thinks he will rule over you all, and be a Savior one day.

You can't fake true humility.

As for the beard. Keep it.

Thanks for the comment. One thing I have learned in life is that when you think you've got humility you lost it. And when you pray for humility God sure will give it to you. I don't think it is an inborn trait that most people have, being born into sin and having a tendency to be evil by nature. One must put up a hard fight to cultivate qualities that God finds pleasing. Now haughtiness and humility are such contrasting traits and so important to God that scripture says that he actively resists the haughty while giving undeserved kindness to the humble! Please never think that I think I am a humble person. And where I show a proud spirit may I accept the discipline to change.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

All I can add is Ive had a mustache everyday since 1970.....54 yrs.

Save it off? Look exactly like my a--!. The Bible n Beard thing? Just an interesting add about not shaving.....

In my 1st Nation heritage a boy becomes a man when he kills his 1st deer/elk/bison. He becomes a warrior when he kills his 1st enemy. He becomes an Elder when he reaches a great age, a Statesmen when as Elder he is of...greater age.

That Elder Statesman walks in 3 worlds: the past, the present and tomorrow.

Historically, beards have connotated a man has reached a pinnacle of life: Age, wisdom etc....

Peace

I was almost kinda hoping that others would share pictures of their beards and mustaches. šŸ˜

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   
One of the YouTube channels I've been watching on tips and help while I grow the beard is:

Beardbrand Alliance.

Getting the beard oil they recommended, especially for the phase I went through where it was itching like crazy was a godsend. I was wondering if it was ever going to go away. I've been using it about a week now and now more itching. It really helps. I you can see the difference in the gloss of the beard as its growing out. It's softer and more manageable. I'm glad I learned about this early on in the journey. In fact got a whole kit, with beard shampoo, conditioner, the beard oil, beard balm, and a wooden comb, and boar bristle brush.

posted on Jan, 11 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   
One of the YouTube channels I've been watching on tips and help while I grow the beard is:

Beardbrand Alliance.

Getting the beard oil they recommended, especially for the phase I went through where it was itching like crazy was a godsend. I was wondering if it was ever going to go away. I've been using it about a week now and now more itching. It really helps. I you can see the difference in the gloss of the beard as its growing out. It's softer and more manageable. I'm glad I learned about this early on in the journey. In fact got a whole kit, with beard shampoo, conditioner, the beard oil, beard balm, and a wooden comb, and boar bristle brush.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join