It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life after death THE WHY FILES

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Is it just a a superstitious desire for something more when and after you die; or is there really something else once the body dies ? All societies seem to have their own belief of some form of afterlife but who is right or are they all right ?

Life After Death: A Warning From The Other Side

You wake up. Sleepiness fades as your eyes slowly open to a bright white light. And it feels warm and familiar; it feels like home. And your whole family is there to meet you.

Your entire life flashes before your eyes, like scenes from a movie. The good. The bad. Even the awful things you've done. But everything comes together. It all finally makes sense.

With this enormous weight off your shoulders, the memory of your life starts to fade, just like a dream.

A familiar voice says: "We're happy you're here. We missed you. But - you can't stay." What? You just got here. You're getting kicked out already?

The voice says, "They need you. But we'll see you again when the time is right." And you know, somehow, the voice is telling the truth.

Suddenly, a burst of red-hot pain rips through your chest. It feels like every single cell in your body is on fire. You can't breathe.

A scream forces your eyes open. It's a blood-curdling scream, like an animal being eaten alive. Then you realize: the scream is coming from you.

You're in a hospital bed surrounded by doctors and nurses. They all take a step back. Stunned. They're staring at you. But why?

Well - you just came back from the dead.

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

This has always been an interesting subject for me, because I've had some experiences I just can't explain.

My Grandmother died in 1987 and my daughter was born in 2000. At 3 years old, she knew things about my grandmother that she could not possibly know. She had never even seen a picture of her and when my mom got out a family album, she pointed straight to her and said "she sings to me".

My grandmother was always singing or humming hymns all through the day, whatever she was doing.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   
To me this is the most important thing we could be investigating in life .. what are we here for and what comes next.

I don't know if I trust Near Death Experiences. I like to read about them, but what I don't trust is the D M T involvement. The brain chemistry that a dying person goes through. Does it cause psychosis, hallucinations etc etc?? Or are the NDEs genuine afterlife experiences? I've read moving ones. I've read some that go to 'the void' and there is nothingness and a cease to exist. I've read some whacked out ones.

I have had experiences with both the good spirits and the bad spirits. I have had experiences with ghosts which may have been the actual souls of the dead, or that may have been evil spirits faking being the dead in order to gain access. I don't seek them out. Sometimes they just happen. So I know there is more going on ....

It's all a mystery.

I have my spiritual/religious ideas about what comes next. Those ideas change as I learn and experience more. The older I get, the more nervous I get about what's next. I look forward to it but I also am scared of it at the same time.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
In the ancient story, The Bhagavad Gita, God explains that all souls are part and parcel of the whole and are eternal, or at least exist for billions of years before reuniting with God.

It's explained that there are numerous physical and spiritual realms to be enjoyed, and or endured, and several planets are mentioned as places we can live. This text understands the vastness of the universe and explains it well.

Because souls have some freewill, I feel that we get some choice as to what happens to us after we die. Like, we may decide to hang around and visit family for awhile before passing on, then hang out in a heavenly spiritual realm for awhile, then get re-born on Earth or another planet, and something like this could be an endless cycle.

Whereas some people hope to spend eternity in heaven, highly spiritually developed people tend to want to make the sacrifice to reincarnate in order to help others in their spiritual progression.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   
After having an OBE, that I wasn't trying to have, I am a firm believer that we continue on. It is what made me look into the beliefs of other cultures and religions.

I will watch this, but it won't change my mind.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I spent a long time trying to induce an out of body experience, mostly so I could prove the existence of my soul to myself. I did so successfully 25 years ago.

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Since my NDE in 2008 I have spent so much time reading on the topic, and while this is just an observation of othes accounts, it may fit with the discussion.

Many peoples accounts are influenced by ttheir own ideology, like I have had atheists' say there NDE was just nothing. Ive sometimes asked them about this nothing "but were YOU there?, your consciousness?". They dont like that I point out that they are so boring they cant make their own reality.

Then there are you typical "go into the light" acount6s, and those accounts are common in western nations where a "Christian" culture is dominant, even if not christian themselves.

One common with suicide is "the wheel" and you get to choose whee you go back to.

Mine was one that was in line wit6h the "weighing of the soul" as mentioned in Egyptian mythology.

Threre is no ONE truth, what we get when we die relates so much to our "life", as if we are creating our own world, perhaps in some Hermetic sense?.
edit on 29-12-2023 by BeTheGoddess2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
" The brain chemistry that a dying person goes through. Does it cause psychosis, hallucinations etc etc??"

There are many studies of NDE by medical industry (Virginia University Medical centre etc) that are investigating NDE's. With many reports from patients that have described what was done and said by doctors whilst they were brain dead on the operation table. So its highly unlikely, at least in some cases, that any brain activity was involved.

Its also interesting that drugs have been used by some religions to break through barriers of mind. Finding traces of burnt cannabis in ancient Jewish shrine's here. So when Moses saw God in burning bush. One wonders what bush he was burning.

In my case. I explore the self using deep meditation practices. Not often successful but when I am the experiences have left a deep imprint on me. They have led me to believe that our local consciousness is an illusion caused by our egotistical mind. In conquering our ego, the segmentation of our local consciousness falls away. The Father (greater consciousness) and the son (local consciousness) become one.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Haven't seen it yet, but I'd be vary to conclude NDE's are anywhere close to death... More like the loading hub, where you get your life sorted after the fact to then move on to actually die... But there is no one that ever died and lived to tell the story...

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Another excellent, entertaining show from the guy and the fish.

Was it me it did it slightly hurry through the stuff about folk describing out of body stuff they wouldn't know unless actually out of their bodies? This is the most crucial part of the investigation; without convincing evidence of this the whole NDE could be taking place within the brain in final fireworks send off - a debriefing of sorts

I, like most rational people would like to believe this is real - that it's not all over when the fat lady sings. That's why i want to hear the above evidence fully interrogated, so i can be better convinced

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Is it just a a superstitious desire for something more when and after you die; or is there really something else once the body dies ? All societies seem to have their own belief of some form of afterlife but who is right or are they all right ?

Life After Death: A Warning From The Other Side

You wake up. Sleepiness fades as your eyes slowly open to a bright white light. And it feels warm and familiar; it feels like home. And your whole family is there to meet you.

Your entire life flashes before your eyes, like scenes from a movie. The good. The bad. Even the awful things you've done. But everything comes together. It all finally makes sense.

With this enormous weight off your shoulders, the memory of your life starts to fade, just like a dream.

A familiar voice says: "We're happy you're here. We missed you. But - you can't stay." What? You just got here. You're getting kicked out already?

The voice says, "They need you. But we'll see you again when the time is right." And you know, somehow, the voice is telling the truth.

Suddenly, a burst of red-hot pain rips through your chest. It feels like every single cell in your body is on fire. You can't breathe.

A scream forces your eyes open. It's a blood-curdling scream, like an animal being eaten alive. Then you realize: the scream is coming from you.

You're in a hospital bed surrounded by doctors and nurses. They all take a step back. Stunned. They're staring at you. But why?

Well - you just came back from the dead.

youtu.be...

You have been creating a nice range of threads recently. You remind me of someone else who really has the charisma and gift.

The question that has troubled generations and generations but nobody can answer with absolute certainty even though there is not a shred of evidence for the existence of life after death.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
To me this is the most important thing we could be investigating in life .. what are we here for and what comes next.

I don't know if I trust Near Death Experiences. I like to read about them, but what I don't trust is the D M T involvement. The brain chemistry that a dying person goes through. Does it cause psychosis, hallucinations etc etc?? Or are the NDEs genuine afterlife experiences? I've read moving ones. I've read some that go to 'the void' and there is nothingness and a cease to exist. I've read some whacked out ones.

I have had experiences with both the good spirits and the bad spirits. I have had experiences with ghosts which may have been the actual souls of the dead, or that may have been evil spirits faking being the dead in order to gain access. I don't seek them out. Sometimes they just happen. So I know there is more going on ....

It's all a mystery.

I have my spiritual/religious ideas about what comes next. Those ideas change as I learn and experience more. The older I get, the more nervous I get about what's next. I look forward to it but I also am scared of it at the same time.

Here by chance and most likely (almost certainly) nothing after death. Unless you want to accept the wild claims made as part of the philosophy of various religions. I am most intrigued with the Abrahamic religions and what happens after death. Once the great Christopher Hitchens said it's when the party begins!

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
...I explore the self using deep meditation practices. Not often successful but when I am the experiences have left a deep imprint on me.

I tried this once long ago, around 20yrs old. No bullsh!t, it felt like a bloody great void open up beneath and kind of around me. I looked and sense nothing - not that nothing was there, but that this was 'nothingness'. It was a truly terrifying thing, that nothingness; felt i'd unravel, erase cease to exist in any way if i went further. Crapped the life out of me and i stopped. Not tried it again. I'm not convinced that if i tried i could do that again, or that it was more than my imagination. But it was pretty damned scary.

originally posted by: glend
...In conquering our ego, the segmentation of our local consciousness falls away. The Father (greater consciousness) and the son (local consciousness) become one.

I've always found the trinity a fascinating code/metaphor for something. Your consciousness idea is a good one that fits. It's one of those clever universal metaphors that fits many things very well.

Like concepts, ideas:

Father is everything that is
Son is consciousness aware of everything that is
And the Ghost is that awareness, the subjective image of the Father (and the self). The concept.

It also fits the concept of Time pretty well:

The past
The future
And the Now
...the 'Now' doesn't really exist, as it's alsway gone. Yet it's the only thing that does really exist. It's a like a Ghost; doesn't exist in our dimension, yet it's a concept of the eternal, so it always exists.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   
By the way, there are no spirits and ghosts.
We need to be realistic and rational.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   
NDE's are for me just another form of a dream like state. IMO the mind is reacting to what is happening to the body and maybe it is a subconscious thing that people tend to experience similar things, our mind will form an opinion what we expect to happen when we die due to their own beliefs.
I will take the time to watch it in the new year as I like the content they create at the why files.
edit on 30-12-2023 by Bilbous72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

The fears you mention are from our ego. It's programmed for self-preservation. So labels the unknown of the void as a threat to its survival. Its not completely wrong about that either. Thus the ego is the baggage that must be dropped before we can successfully bath in the void. Exodus 33:20 ... "no-one can see my face and live". The ego is the "one" that cannot live in the void.

Yes agree time is certainly related but I do differ with my understanding of it. Memory creates a hallucination of the past. Desires/fears create hallucinations of the future. All those hallucinations propagate from our ego-mind. Whereas the "now" that can only be perceived when our mind is completely still (not hallucinating on past or future) is perceived not by our ego-mind but from the inner void itself. That being the source of our entire being.... Psalm 46:10 Be still and know I AM God. A very good book on the subject is "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I will give you another part of the puzzle.
"pineal gland"
When you die it releases a chemical!

Lets see how much they try to stop this info geting out.

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   

edit on 12/30/2023 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: GODNEWS24

Your link is no good!

? and now gone?

edit on 30-12-2023 by Scratchpost because: why not

posted on Dec, 30 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A few years back I remember reading about a guy who interviewed suicide survivors, who fell from The Golden Gate Bridge, on near death experiences. None of the survivors experienced this yet suicide survivors from other methods had similar NDE's as illness or injury. I know only a few have survived a GGB fall (36) but I would have expected to see maybe one or two NDE's. I found this interesting.

As a young adult I suffered with crippling anxiety and panic attacks. The physical symptoms didn't bother me it was the dissociation. Depersonalisation is when the mind loses the border between the inside world and the outside world. It is not related to psychosis. My experience of this was being completely separate to my body which was on the left side of me a few feet away. Thankfully it only happened for a few minutes at a time but it convinced me that the body houses consciousness rather than creating it. This matches what some neuro-scientists are now saying and that on a quantum level consciousness is information which still exists after death.

<<   2 >>

join