It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military recruitment short falls and maybe some of the reasons why

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

This!

There is a theory and name to this (can’t remember), promoting unqualified people in roles they shouldn’t be in.

I’ve seen idiots get multiple dui’s and still get promoted over peers who are 100 times better all around with outstanding PT and Evals.

edit on 23-12-2023 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

US military attacked 102 times since Oct 15th.

The Commander in Chief is OK with the attacks.

Disgusting and demeaning.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Democrats always tie Armed Forces hands.
Just recall o'buma in Iraq, we were hog-tied legally.

Leftists are evil.

posted on Dec, 23 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think its a lot of reasons. One of the main ones is loss of faith in our country. People are so divided they can't feel the level of national unity they need to feel to be willing to fight and possibly die for an ideal. What ideals do we hold high now? What do we really stand for? You aren't allowed to say anymore for fear of being blacklisted or cancelled. People used to at least think they were fighting for freedom. How can you begin to think that now, when if you don't follow an accepted narrative, you are vilified?

edit on 23-12-2023 by Openminded2023 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:49 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 27 2023 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Pretty easily explained (From a UK perspective)
I'm in my 30s, all I've ever witnessed from our military is indiscriminate bombing of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Yemen, just before i was born they were murdering the Irish and today still occupy 6 counties.
There's a prevailing idea here that heroic actions of our grandfather's in the world wars means that we must give unyielding respect to our armed forces. (Maybe this idea exists in the US too?)
While I can whole heartedly respect those who fought in past wars for a just cause I can't muster up any respect for our modern day wars of conquest.
Why would I give up my life for BAE systems, Halliburton or Lockheed Martin for £23,000 a year?
If there was an invading force coming here I'd sign up tomorrow but I'm not going to go abroad and murder shepherds for resources. Being sent to war is horrific enough without coming back with PTSD to find the war you just gave everything to fight was based on a lie.
I have friends who served in Iraq, Nigeria and Ireland. Not one of them takes any pride or solace in what they did in these places.
Illegal wars for peanuts of pay....why would anybody sign up?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join