It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suella Braverman Makes Her Personal Statement to the House .... The New Thatcher !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Suella Braverman has given her personal statement to the House this afternoon following her sacking , it's an interesting 7 minutes in which she sets out her manifesto for both stopping the boats and I think Leadership , if her actions match her words she seems ready to do what is needed to sort the problem ... regardless of what Europe think , memories of Thatcher filled my head as I watched her speak which is not necessarily a good thing but she did scare the bejesus out of the EU.

Bloody good speech.
edit on 6-12-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The UK seems to suffer from the same syndrome afflicting many western nations today: an allergy to any kind of genuine leadership. What has been substituted is policy generation driven by unelected influencers using huge amounts of money to derail any acts of sovereignty.

I'm not a Brit, but thought Braverman was simply speaking uncomfortable truths, and so she was let go.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well she started out by stroking her ego and listing some "awesome" achievements she's done, so no. Her words do not match her actions.

The conservatives have had how many years to work on this problem? Her solutions are just regurgitated stuff idiots like me were talking about 4 years ago which is par far the course with this parliament, it's incapable of being proactive and it's reactive qualities are "long term" to put it politely.

They've been trying to pull the UK from human rights obligations since Cameron, before Brexit. I wouldn't let that snippet of information block anyone from having grand thoughts of another populist conservative making a mockery of institutions that actually worked once upon a time.

True leaders don't shift blame like the modern incarnation of a Tory. I'd agree immigration is a huge problem and just like Brexit which was supposed to be a solution I have absolutely no faith in this government to enact anything without downgrading our nation whilst they're at it.

new topics

join