It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis: The Problem of Climate Change Is ‘a Religious Problem’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   
"Pope Francis" was scheduled to give a speech at the UN Climate Conference in Dubai. He is sick and didn't go but his speech was read to the audience by a Vatican official. As usual, I completely disagree with "Pope Francis". He, like so many woke far lefters, has made the climate and 'Mother Earth' a religion. GOD and ETERNITY and SPIRITS are things of religion, not climate. His speech also talked about 'fraternity' and 'people coming together' for the good of the planet. Muslim countries historically don't get along with nonmuslim countries very well so I doubt that they will be willing to 'come together' with others in regards to climate change.

Read and see if you agree or disagree.

Pope Francis: The Problem of Climate Change Is ‘a Religious Problem’

ROME — Pope Francis asserted Sunday that the global climate crisis is “a religious problem” whose roots lie in humanity ’s “presumption of self-sufficiency.”

The pope’s words, read by Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin, were penned for the inauguration of the “Faith Pavilion” at the COP28 U.N. Climate Summit in Dubai, an initiative meant to harness religions for the cause of fighting global warming. In his address, the pontiff offered special thanks to the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, Ahmad Al-Tayyeb, along with the Muslim Council of Elders, for their key role in setting up the pavilion. Conspicuous by their absence were any Jewish organizations in the interreligious mishmash.

May this Pavilion “become a place of encounter and may religions always be ‘welcoming spaces’ that witness to our need for the transcendent, speak of fraternity, respect and mutual care, and refuse to justify in any way the mistreatment of creation,” the pope said in his message. “It is important to see ourselves, beyond our differences, as brothers and sisters in the one human family,” he added, “and, as believers, to remind ourselves and the world that, as sojourners on this earth, we have a duty to protect our common home.”

Protecting life “entails opposing the rapacious illusion of omnipotence that is devastating our planet,” Francis said. “That insatiable desire for power wells up whenever we consider ourselves lords of the world, whenever we live as though God did not exist and, as a result, end up prey to passing things.” As he has frequently done, the pope also called for “urgent” action on behalf of the environment, which includes increased spending by first world nations as well as an “ecological conversion.”

Oh ... and his words - "the global climate crisis is “a religious problem” whose roots lie in humanity ’s “presumption of self-sufficiency.” ... what the hell is that? That makes absolutely NO SENSE. That's a real stretch and just word salad as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 12/4/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Also - as picked up by Catholic News Agency - He said that 'environmental destruction is an offense against God' and he called it 'a sin'.

I don't think so. It's bad for common sense reasons but polluting the environment isn't an 'offense against God' and it's not 'a sin'. I think he's theologically off on this.

Pope Francis to COP28: Environmental destruction is ‘an offense against God’

Pope Francis called the destruction of the environment “an offense against God” in a message given to the participants in the U.N. climate summit on Saturday.

“Even so … I am with you because the destruction of the environment is an offense against God, a sin that is not only personal but also structural, one that greatly endangers all human beings, especially the most vulnerable in our midst, and threatens to unleash a conflict between generations.”

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
He should have said it is a ecumenical matter and left it at that

Greatas not happy either that he is hogging the limelight

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think Pope Francis is just a politician in a goofy hat. He's a fraud.
He has endorsed ESG investing, which means he is aligning with entities like Blackrock

When he discussed the WEF meetings at Davos as "encouraging", that did it for me.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

So it is written.

Romans 1

22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. … 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. … 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
I think Pope Francis is just a politician in a goofy hat. …

That's all any of them have ever been.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
To bad it's a theocracy and not a democracy...

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So the religious groups missing, according to your article, are Jewish.

And yet you claim its Muslims that won't join in.

Any excuse for your anti Muslim propaganda.

I think the thousands of Palestinian deaths are making some members on here wet.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maybenexttime
So the religious groups missing, according to your article, are Jewish.
And yet you claim its Muslims that won't join in.

The Israeli Jews weren't invited. And my statement stands. Many of the Muslim countries have a hard time getting along with nonMuslim countries. They refuse to work with women, LGBTQ, and even nonmuslims. I can't see them 'teaming up' with nonMuslim countries to combat climate change. They are more interested in pushing the Quran on people ... not stopping pollution.

edit on 12/4/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
God is protecting us where I am.

It's moderate outside and the sun isn't angry with us.

I'm grateful for his Grace and Mercy.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Francis is "complicated". He would seem irrelevant to those who don't believe in the "Creator God". As to the sin of self-sufficiency:

Do you know what the sin of self-sufficiency is? Quite simply, it is prideful independence. Like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, we who succumb to this sin believe we can live autonomous, independent lives apart from the One who created us.

tommyboland.com...#:~:text=Do%20you%20know%20what%20the,the%20One%20who%20created%2 0us.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Global Climate Theocracy incoming.

Romans 1:25

because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever! Amen.

edit on 4-12-2023 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

join