It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book by Garrett Graff on UFO Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

"The Roswell story is just an incredible one because of how it represents that feedback loop, and the world of conspiracies that grows up around it," Graff says. "These conspiracy theories grow ever larger and darker, and include the idea that the government has made peace treaties with alien civilizations, that the government has given permission for alien civilizations to kidnap and abduct humans."

actual title: 'UFO: The Inside Story of the US Government's Search for Alien Life Here — and Out There.'
I have never heard of Graff.
just in time for Christmas giving!
interesting how Roswell still holds our imagination.

anyone read this?
is there any 'new' info out there to justify a book?

here's something I didn't know;

And then the confusion around reports of bodies being recovered actually had to do with a series of other secret government tests at the time where the U.S. in the White Sands Proving Grounds around Roswell was testing ejection seats and parachute dummies. And so there were bodies falling from the sky that the military was then going out into the desert and collecting and trucking away. It's just that they were parachute dummies, not alien bodies.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

And so there were bodies falling from the sky that the military was then going out into the desert and collecting and trucking away. It's just that they were parachute dummies, not alien bodies.

Naturally, the whole thing has been a psy-op from day one.

I like the idea though, It's like obvious people would confuse dummies for alien body parts.
edit on 27-11-2023 by AllisVibration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

The anthropometric dummies that were dropped from balloons by the Air Force happened many years after the Roswell event. The suggestion that they explain the Roswell event is disinformation.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

The anthropometric dummies that were dropped from balloons by the Air Force happened many years after the Roswell event. The suggestion that they explain the Roswell event is disinformation.

Do we know this for sure?
Did any of these dummies were really dropped or is it all a rumour?

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I am sure there is plenty of disinformation regarding the Roswell case.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

And so there were bodies falling from the sky that the military was then going out into the desert and collecting and trucking away. It's just that they were parachute dummies, not alien bodies.

I like the idea though, It's like obvious people would confuse dummies for alien body parts.

People are not that stupid...

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Maximus3

Exactly…

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maximus3

I am sure there is plenty of disinformation regarding the Roswell case.

It's true.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 05:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Maximus3

Exactly…

It's nearly impossible to check the facts from any story that has happened decades ago. Even if the story is mire recent it's still difficult.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   

There could be many elements of a psy-op but blended with some truths and realities.

new topics

top topics

join