It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Who 60

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhat

originally posted by: ARM54

originally posted by: TheWhat
Just when you thought the LGBBCQT+ could not tick anymore woke boxes. I'm not even going to bother to try and link it. No more licence fee.

License fee?

Yep the BBC is funded by subscription from the public that it no longer represents.

So you have to pay either you like it or not.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cymru
a reply to: ARM54

www.express.co.uk...

Thanks!

Why they say the episode was too woke?
I couldn't figure it out from the description of the story.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

So you have to pay either you like it or not.

You have to pay for it too watch or record live TV in this country. This includes live streams on youtube. You have to use your paid for 'credentials' to watch their programs on their website too.

If you buy a brand new TV your details are sent to the BBC as the TV is capable of receiving live TV.

The BBC sends threatening letters and their goons go around to peoples houses to check up on them. Looking through windows etc and invite you to court if they can prove your 'evading' the fee.

Considering all of the 'cover ups' the BBC have performed over the years, Jimmy Saville being the prime example. They definetly have a cheek. It could be seen as sponsoring child abuse.......

edit on 27-11-2023 by McUrnsalso because: grammer, spelling. etc

edit on 27-11-2023 by McUrnsalso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   

www.express.co.uk...

Thanks!

www.gbnews.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: TheWhat

Why would Doctor Who be left out of the trans craze, especially on the 60th anniversary?

It was produced by Disney, that should have been indicative enough of what the end result would be.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

www.express.co.uk...

Thanks!

They called it woke because they discussed personal pronouns, and the I suppose new central character was a biological male dressing as a woman, and presenting as one, however this exact character is also the one to comment on the pronoun thing first. The mother also gets really feisty after some actual males called the trans character male names.
I doubt this is as prevalent in the UK as here, but Disney produced it as more of what I believe to be some form of brain washing agenda set on young minds by older minds with a propaganda list to check off.
Later on they make some comment about non binary and that's their big WoW moment.
*spoilers*
That this character is a true time lord because they are both male and female? 😕
I watched it out for curiosity, but it was akin to a dumpster fire towards the end.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

a reply to: TheWhat

I stopped watching when Jodie Whittaker took the keys to the TARDIS.

Grew up with Tom Baker, found an appreciation for John Pertwee and gave up when Sylvester McCoy was all but written out.

Exactly the same as you , even as a kid I saw how cheap and tacky it was especially when Tom Baker was running around in a kit car pretending to be on a alien planet which always looks like a quarry in Wales .

Theres nothing wrong with Welsh Quarries. My Old Man used to manage a load of them. Never got backstage passes though

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

As a young kid I help deliver a few machines to quarries in Wales with a family member who drove those heavy loads nationwide

Fun times back then when Wales felt like a million miles away , I used to panic thinking how I would get back home if I ever got lost , The teacher used to ask the class what we got up to on a Monday , cutting the grass with dad etc mine was dropping of giant machines etc all across the country and I was lucky enough to get to operate some of them and I could handle a lorry and trailer when I was 12 but growing up on a farming estate that was pretty normal .

There is a good chance if your dad was in charge back in the early to mid 70s I would have been in his quarry , a school friend of mine , his father is the owner of skye marble and worth millions but he is a right piss head and is disowned due to his life .
the army fairly messed him up big time .

I was lucky in life without realising it when it came to getting backstage passes , I just happened to be at the right time and place

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: Cymru

As a young kid I help deliver a few machines to quarries in Wales with a family member who drove those heavy loads nationwide

Fun times back then when Wales felt like a million miles away , I used to panic thinking how I would get back home if I ever got lost , The teacher used to ask the class what we got up to on a Monday , cutting the grass with dad etc mine was dropping of giant machines etc all across the country and I was lucky enough to get to operate some of them and I could handle a lorry and trailer when I was 12 but growing up on a farming estate that was pretty normal .

There is a good chance if your dad was in charge back in the early to mid 70s I would have been in his quarry , a school friend of mine , his father is the owner of skye marble and worth millions but he is a right piss head and is disowned due to his life .
the army fairly messed him up big time .

I was lucky in life without realising it when it came to getting backstage passes , I just happened to be at the right time and place

Well jealous.
Dropped you a pm too.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

<< 1   >>

join