It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Censoring and Silencing University Staff and Students who criticise the State of Israel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

No, it is exactly what it stated. A perfect example of
how dangerous it is to allow Professors" to teach lies.

Your OP complains about Harvard "condemning antisemitism"
verbatim. What is wrong with condemning antisemitism?

Do tell!

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Do tell!

That's already been explained numerous times in this thread.

Did you read past those lines in the source?

What recent acts of antisemitism occurred besides peacefully speaking out against Israel and waving the flag of Palestine?

Do you believe peacefully speaking out against Israel and waving the Palestinians flag are examples of antisemitism.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Care to quote where you answered the question?

Again, what is wrong with condemning antisemitism?

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That is a very interesting point because I see people have different definitions of "antisemitism".

For the sake of improving the quality of discussion, can you help us understand more about the "personal" meaning of antisemitism to you?

It would help if you give us an example or more about the antisemitic incidents that you are speaking about condemning
edit on 17-11-2023 by Mawdano because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Do tell!

If you read the story then you will get why it's something very different to real anti-semitism.

The story is in relation to the President of Harvard who has succumbed to pressures by donors and lobby groups to expand the definition of anti-semitism (something quite common in these cases) in order to please them for their generous contributions but at the same time this could lead to censoring and silencing staff and students.

The anti-semitism card has been played many times but doesn't really work. It's a silly argument for someone to make when the State of Israel is condemned for the various crimes it has committed.

But it's an attempt that is often made to silence the criticisms.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

So, do you condemn anti-Semitism? Or not?

It's a "yes" or "no" question.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   

How much does it cost to go there?
I would at least expect my kids if they went somewhere like this to be taught in an environment free of antisemitism.

similar problems at Oxford in the UK.
source
It seems our universities have become ghettos of 1930s Nazism.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiothermalReactor

Can you begin posting in a thread without resorting to ad hominem attacks?

What was the attack? It doesn't matter if you are a Harvard professor or you work for 7/11 there are limits to what you can say or not say when you are a representative of a company. People get fired all the time for saying dumb things on Facebook, X...etc. and you should know this unless you have been like maybe a stay-at-home mom for most of your life.

The letter was very harsh and on top of that, there were antisemitic chants and signs from Harvard students with threats of violence against Jewish students there, and with all that you end up with a reaction from the school. There are better ways to protest than to suggest all Jews need to be killed from the river to the sea, for example.

edit on x30Fri, 17 Nov 2023 11:51:25 -06002023320America/ChicagoFri, 17 Nov 2023 11:51:25 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Leviathan4

Censoring and silencing individuals is just terrible whether it comes from the left or the right part of the ideological spectrum. If now the right wants to censor people in Universities just as the left does on many occasions then we need to call them out for what they do.

Do you have a job? Can you say anything you want without repercussions?

Why are you suggesting this is a Right or Left event? Speaking of silencing, what has these universities been doing for like decades with silencing anyone on the Right.

Because others have insinuated and actually discussed this is an ideological issue.

We can criticise the radical left wing ideology when they make hilarious arguments in relation to some topics but I have no issue criticise the ultra right wing Government in Israel (fascistoids) and their followers or ideological cousins here in the US.

I can say anything I want and I do always say what I want but there are repercussions. You can't avoid them. But that's what makes me very different to most others who decide to keep it to themselves.

I give credit to Josh Paul for example ego as a state department official said no more of this and resigned as he couldn't go ahead and see US Arms used to slaughter innocent civilians.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Yes.

Not the expanded version of it...

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Mrs Suzanne Weiss for example who is a holocaust survivor is very critical of Israel and has spoken about war crimes committed by Israel against the Palestinians, spoken about Gaza being a concentration camp and a death camp.

Is she also anti-semitic or a self hating Jew?

That's why you cannot expand or try to redefine already defined terms, for political and ideological purposes.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

How much does it cost to go there?
I would at least expect my kids if they went somewhere like this to be taught in an environment free of antisemitism.

similar problems at Oxford in the UK.
source
It seems our universities have become ghettos of 1930s Nazism.

I don't know but I will guess a lot of money.
I never paid anything as I had very good scholarships. I know the University of Oxford and I know Cambridge.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Odd. In a previous incarnation you said you had no formal qualifications?

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I can say anything I want and I do always say what I want but there are repercussions. You can't avoid them. But that's what makes me very different to most others who decide to keep it to themselves.

I give credit to Josh Paul for example ego as a state department official said no more of this and resigned as he couldn't go ahead and see US Arms used to slaughter innocent civilians.

I guess it also comes down to your view of what is going on. We can see that you have an extreme view based on just how you phrase things. This other part is you might be in a position where your open views have little or no effect on you. For example, if you constantly posted racist things on FB could you possibly be fired for it? Everyone has different levels of risks and not everything is to fall on your sword, F the job, event.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Mrs Suzanne Weiss for example who is a holocaust survivor is very critical of Israel and has spoken about war crimes committed by Israel against the Palestinians, spoken about Gaza being a concentration camp and a death camp.

Is she also anti-semitic or a self hating Jew?

That's why you cannot expand or try to redefine already defined terms, for political and ideological purposes.

There is a line between being critical and dropping into antisemitism. She is a professional social activist on a lot of levels, so does being a holocaust survivor give her special street creds that she is actually right no matter what she says?

Here is one of her phrases "Palestinians and natives of Turtle Island, they have been both colonized and subjected to ethnic cleansing.”

Here is another...

"She expressed her deep concern about a new rise of antisemitism, a hatred of Jewish people, but she emphasized, “Antisemitism is not caused by Palestinians. Hatred of Jews is a form of racism, deeply rooted in European society and closely linked to white supremacy. We need to reject racism.”

Seems she associates Antisemitism with White people and of course, the Muslims love the Jews, just ask them...

Oh, we have more...

"“The victims of the climate crisis are mostly people of colour in the Global South. The racists have an answer: build walls, keep them out. If racism and climate barbarism triumph, they will infect and poison every aspect of our lives and destroy our world.” The phrase “climate barbarism” was coined by Canadian author, social activist, and filmmaker Naomi Klein, to refer to the combination of white supremacist violence and vicious anti-immigrant actions."

She might not be Antisemitic, but she sure is anti-White...lol I'm sure the Nazis had something to do with that.

I would say she is an extremist and I would not use her as an example.

edit on x30Fri, 17 Nov 2023 13:28:36 -06002023320America/ChicagoFri, 17 Nov 2023 13:28:36 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

A professor in Ventura County killed the 65 year old Jewish man waving a flag.

Killed him with his megaphone after blowing it into numerous ears. And stalking him and others that were supporting Israel.

He was finally arrested and charged with involuntary manslaughter and battery.

I think it was a HATE CRIME.

Apparently our enlighted DA does not.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So being anti-Semitic is good now?

Gross.

It would appear so, even here on ATS.

ATS Thread Link

Get in there and set them straight!

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Yes. Carefully hidden behind the all too transparent veil of faux concern for Palestinians, who seem to support and celebrate Hamas atrocities.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The university should foster a civil discussion. And unless one goes all Goebbels' style during a debate, criticizing the political actions of the state of Israel qualifies as neither hate speech nor antisemitism. Unfortunately, when people have their views challenged, they often pull out either a race, ethnicity card or a gender card or any other card that allows them to play the role of a privileged victim.

That being said, I think we shouldn't be all too harsh on the president Gay if we take into account that she was under the constant pressure put on her by the belligerent special snowflakes from Guillette's Accuracy in Media:

Harvard doxxing truck parks outside homes of students who blamed Israel for Hamas attacks

Now, the funny thing is that it's not only about the hurt feelings of Jewish students. When you search a little bit about Accuracy in Media, their self-righteous outcry against the alleged antisemitism is really interesting considering the history of their activism. AIM supported the war in Vietnam, in Iraq and El Mozote Massacre. It's largely been the government's underdog financed by several oil companies. Perhaps, do ligt der hunt bagrobn?
edit on 17-11-2023 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Odd. In a previous incarnation you said you had no formal qualifications?

Ha! Probably was someone else..

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join