It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keir Starmer suffers major Labour rebellion over Gaza ceasefire vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This cousin agrees with you 100%.

We don't take kindly to being told what we might think by some random person with an abhorrent agenda to push down our throats.

Jellied eels are disgusting.

The vast majority of Brits would agree but we don't march in protest against them.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Leviathan4

You do not seem to understand the meaning of the word "majority".

The motion was defeated.

It's called "democracy".

Yes indeed, but do they represent the majority of Brits on this matter. I very much doubt it.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

You do not get to tell us Brits what the majority of us think.

You have no clue, just your endless repetitive anti Israel propaganda.

The majority of Brits seem to be strongly in favour of ceasefire and the termination of war. There is no evidence that they are in favour of war. If you do have any evidence show us.
edit on 16-11-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Some warmongers and very right wing fascistoids are in favour but that's expectable.

Some people protested, some counter-protested.
The huge majority did neither - their opinions are never sought.

As I said, and as you constantly refuse to acknowledge, the vast majority of those who are pro-Palestinian/pro-Hamas - with a fair old sprinkling of pro-ISIS etc - are Muslims and self-hating, entitled, trustafarian, 'tofu eating wokerati'.
I assure you, they are not representative of the British people.

More demonising and stereotyping anyone who disagrees with you as you swallow, repeat and regurgitate MSM bollocks and bull#.

Its pointless conversing with you.

No evidence exist the Brits are in favour of this war. On the contrary all protests in various cities in the UK and all polls show exactly the opposite. If you have any evidence show us.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Don't think I have eever dreamt of Jellied eels, maybe Londoners do?
Rather partial to the taste occasionally though, they are very earthy tasting for fish.

Pie, Mash and liquor though, you gotta try that some time!

And also, these MP's don't even represent the majority of their own party, much less the nation. despite what soemone with ZERO experience of bing a Brit thinks.
edit on thpThu, 16 Nov 2023 06:31:37 -060020232023-11-16T06:31:37-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: Addendum

link   

I really don't care what you think.

At least I actually live here.

link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

www.thenational.scot...

A HUGE majority of Brits support a ceasefire in Israel and Palestine, putting them at odds with the UK Government and Labour according to a new poll.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Don't think I have eever dreamt of Jellied eels, maybe Londoners do?
Rather partial to the taste occasionally though, they are very earthy tasting for fish.

Pie, Mash and liquor though, you gotta try that some time!

I see the whole team is got up early this morning (UK time) to give the usual excuses and justifications over the new developments in British Politics. I really enjoy this

A HUGE majority of Brits support a ceasefire in Israel and Palestine, putting them at odds with the UK Government and Labour according to a new poll.

www.thenational.scot...

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4

www.thenational.scot...

2685 they asked.
There are more, actual National action members than that. (and it is now a proscribed organisation due to its links with right wing terror)
edit on thpThu, 16 Nov 2023 06:42:13 -060020232023-11-16T06:42:13-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The National?

A publication with one agenda and one agenda only: Scottish independence.

It portrays anything and everything in such a manner to portray Westminster in a bad light - which to be fair isn't very hard to do.
There are certain elements in Scotland that have long standing links to the Palestinian 'cause' and anyone who has even a rudimentary understanding of Scottish and British society/history knows this.
But of course you've been told all this before by several members but you choose to completely ignore it and continue peddling your regurgitated nonsense over and over and over again.

Sucking the soul out of ATS.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   

US public support for Israel drops; majority backs a ceasefire, Reuters/Ipsos shows

www.reuters.com...

There's much more out there, but this should do: Reuters

It may not help, but it does show that the people see this for what it is

edit on 11/16/2023 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

What your cousins do is not relevant in this conversation.

Do you believe these people voting from? Scotland is it? Has any relevance to the war in Gaza?

I don’t believe that Israel really cares.

That's the double standard that disgusts us.

The majority in this thread expects the world to be enthusiastic, or at the very least, complacent that Israel is killing more civilians than HAMAS.

World War on Terror II.
edit on 16-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: , or at the very least, complacent

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Variable2027again

Wow, bet you everything you own they would be out for blood if some group who hates them showed up and murdered over 1000 of their fellow citizens.

It baffles me how nobody really cares about the other actual genocides happening around the world unless it involves Israel. Just baffling.

Splain please.

So if anyone makes a thread calling attention to the atrocities of a specific group of people, we should also include with equal disgust(in a bulleted list?), and without exemption, all the other groups in the world and in history who commit atrocities?
edit on 16-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: ?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The National?

It portrays anything and everything in such a manner to portray Westminster in a bad light - which to be fair isn't very hard to do.
There are certain elements in Scotland that have long standing links to the Palestinian 'cause' and anyone who has even a rudimentary understanding of Scottish and British society/history knows this.
But of course you've been told all this before by several members but you choose to completely ignore it and continue peddling your regurgitated nonsense over and over and over again.

I see you didn't take anything from the source in order to illustrate your claim of The National's bias towards the Palestinians.

I also see you failed to mention that HAMAS is the one with the "cause" of violence, which I assume you were referring to, and not the cause of the Palestinian civilians who desire a peaceful independant state.
edit on 16-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: your claim of

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

www.thenational.scot...

2685 they asked.
There are more, actual National action members than that. (and it is now a proscribed organisation due to its links with right wing terror)

I am sure a poll won't ask millions of people but in the other hand what kind of evidence you have the Brits are in favour of war? Can you provide it (if you have something)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   

www.thenational.scot...

2685 they asked.

I am sure a poll won't ask millions of people but in the other hand what kind of evidence you have the Brits are in favour of war? Can you provide it (if you have something)

Its not that so much as when you extrapolate the results of a fairly small poll to state that the majority o0f Brits do anything.

Its just a guess, wishful thinking even because you absolutely can not (with any expectation of being remotely correct) turn less than half of one percent into any kind of meaningful statistic regarding the whole population.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

US public support for Israel drops; majority backs a ceasefire, Reuters/Ipsos shows

www.reuters.com...

There's much more out there, but this should do: Reuters

It may not help, but it does show that the people see this for what it is

See also my other thread on the letter signed by more than 500 officials who protest Biden's Policy on Israel asking for an immediate ceasefire.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   

www.thenational.scot...

2685 they asked.

Its not that so much as when you extrapolate the results of a fairly small poll to state that the majority o0f Brits do anything.

Its just a guess, wishful thinking even because you absolutely can not (with any expectation of being remotely correct) turn less than half of one percent into any kind of meaningful statistic regarding the whole population.

The polls, the marches, etc give you a good idea where the British public stands on this issue. On the other hand there is not a single piece of evidence that Brits are in favour of this war.

You don't have a leg to stand on if you claim that Brits are in favour of this war. There is nothing there.
edit on 16-11-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The National?

The National was referring to a UK Poll and not something they have conducted themselves. Trying to attack the source gets you nowhere.

You have no evidence there is any support for the war in the UK. If you have something then post it. But there is nothing.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Huge majority oppose UK Government policy and support Israel/Hamas ceasefire - poll

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Only 8% of those who were asked said there shouldn't be a ceasefire or in few words the insane the warmongers, and those who give unequivocal support to Israel.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join