It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, It's Me

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Ehmm isn't there a way you could transform ATS into a modern-day App/web based society like all the new ones out there? :

I have no mojo, much less time. I'm a farmer now.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSkepticGuy23

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Ehmm isn't there a way you could transform ATS into a modern-day App/web based society like all the new ones out there? :

I have no mojo, much less time. I'm a farmer now.

Crypto?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
What is your opinion on the Merchandising that the site had to offer and do you think it could work again if the site remains secure,

I think there's a creative niche to make "conspiracy theories" cool again. But the artwork needs to be creative and something anyone would wear, not just an ATS fan...

Like this mockup from way back..

And this one I did for my other startup won a "best swag" award at a big trade show...

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Crypto?

Animals and vegetables.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Crypto?

Animals and vegetables.

Are you still in contact with the other Amigos?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Springer and I checked in a couple of years ago, not much after that.

Simon wanted to connect for drinks a while back, but thought I still lived in NYC, so that didn't work out.

I sort of "put my head down" and re-reinvented myself to be workforce compatible.
edit on 16-11-2023 by TheSkepticGuy23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Woo Hoo so happy it is you Bill SO!!! Been a long time missed you & the old days.
If the merchandise does happen I would love love a Baseball Hat & possibly T-Shirt, maybe more?

Welcome home & so glad you are here & can possibly help with mess the site is in ATM.
I am very thankful for Djarums & DTOM stepping up & keeping us, our ATS Family alive!
They worked extremely hard & had to put up with some nasty stuff as well as attending to
the member's needs & etc. all on their own dime because they truly care about ATS & our community.
If the merchandise does happen I would love love a Baseball Hat & possibly T-Shirt, maybe more?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have had to make a new account, about 12 years of membership down the pan.....no matter what i have tried my original Quadlink account wont work, i presume it is related to the issues the site has had..

I have emailed ATS several times to no avial....

All the best

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: interupt42

Springer and I checked in a couple of years ago, not much after that.

Simon wanted to connect for drinks a while back, but thought I still lived in NYC, so that didn't work out.

I sort of "put my head down" and re-reinvented myself to be workforce compatible.

Something tells me there’s more to those stories. That we will most likely never hear the extent of.

Question to you, with no judgement: was it ever about the community for you - or was it all for profit from the get go?

I get it, I own a company for profit.

However, There is obvious double speak happening in your statements in this thread = Were you preparing yourself for the secular workforce, or becoming a farmer?

They are both diametrically opposed.

It’s all very confusing.

Please enlighten us SO.
edit on 16-11-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink2

PM DontTteadOnMe with new email from google skiff, or proton mail. she'll set you up with a temp password and you can reset it once you get in.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

To be fair, SO doesn't have to 'enlighten us' about anything.

I'm sure there was a desire to earn a profit from ATS but no-one can question Bill's commitment to 'the community' and his efforts to maintain this platform for us all.

I'd love to be privy to everything that went on prior to the sale of ATS, who bought the site and the new site owners initial and current intentions for the site.
I'd also like to know the reasoning behind the Darko's intervention, their banning of so many well respected and sorely missed members and the Darko's subsequent sudden abandonment of the site.

I'm also curious as to the post-ATS lives/careers of The Three Amigos, but that is their personal and private concerns and doings and has absolutely nothing to do with any of us.
Neither Bill, Mark or Simon owe us anything.

I for one would really like it if they somehow got the band back together and tried to restore ATS back to something like its former glory - with continued excellent assistance from DTOM, DJ et al.
Hell, it would be great if we could get the likes of Crackeur back as well.

But unfortunately the reality is that it isn't going to happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSkepticGuy23

Thank you for all of the time and effort you dedicated to ATS over the years. It's much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Something tells me there’s more to those stories.

Not really.

was it ever about the community for you

It was always about what the community stood for: free expression and pragmatic examination of controversial topics. Then, can such an entity be profitable enough as a full-time gig?

Were you preparing yourself for the secular workforce,

Two factors hit: 1) the community let me down and rebelled against reasonable ads to fund operations, and 2) the bottom fell out of the online ad industry. I needed to quickly find another source of income, which was really difficult coming off of 12+ years as the "CEO" of a conspiracy website and with no professional network.

or becoming a farmer?

That was a semi-accident. We wanted to buy a house, and the best options within our budget were rural. We thought we'd have chickens for eggs, and just chickens at first. Chickens are a "gateway drug" that brings about thoughts of big gardens and more livestock. I suppose we're more homesteaders than farmers. 80%+ of everything we eat comes from our property. I haven't had processed food for more than 5 years, and I feel great.

edit on 17-11-2023 by TheSkepticGuy23 because: pre-coffee typos

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Best of luck SO with everything for the future...I for one am grateful that you were around back in the day .
Thanks for dropping by again.
edit on Fri, 17 Nov 2023 07:59:00 -0600597America/ChicagoFriday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: KKLOCO

I'm sure there was a desire to earn a profit from ATS but no-one can question Bill's commitment to 'the community' and his efforts to maintain this platform for us all.

I'd love to be privy to everything that went on prior to the sale of ATS, who bought the site and the new site owners initial and current intentions for the site.
I'd also like to know the reasoning behind the Darko's intervention, their banning of so many well respected and sorely missed members and the Darko's subsequent sudden abandonment of the site.

I'm also curious as to the post-ATS lives/careers of The Three Amigos, but that is their personal and private concerns and doings and has absolutely nothing to do with any of us.
Neither Bill, Mark or Simon owe us anything.

I for one would really like it if they somehow got the band back together and tried to restore ATS back to something like its former glory - with continued excellent assistance from DTOM, DJ et al.
Hell, it would be great if we could get the likes of Crackeur back as well.

But unfortunately the reality is that it isn't going to happen.

Right there with you and this opinion.

I have a tendency here and there to support something because it makes so much sense and fills a hopium void.

During the recent lockouts from accounts there was a few posts from new account with the name being used DonaldJTrump, or DJT or something close where they claimed to be DJT or an official representing the account where they claimed as would be saved and brought over to Truth Social.

That would be a good home for where ATS could land.
This format on that platform would prosper and grow to great heights imo.

I believed that poster because I want to believe so there.

Trump could afford ats and Trump ownership would be a good financing source for free speech purposes.

And then the 3 amigos could get paid to restore it properly and retain some ownership for all the years put into it.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I custom-coded the current image upload system that's still functioning (to my surprise) today.

It stopped working for a bit when the SSL certs expired (IIRC) The community found a work-around using a link rather than the upload button.

Darko came in a fixed that, along with some other stuff that had broken over time. I'll give him some credit for his technical efforts. He was able to figure some things out without breaking everything.

The darned mailbox still doesn't light up with new messages though.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Thankyou

All the best

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You’re absolutely right. And your entire post was on par and far more eloquent than mine.

The purpose of my post was to extract more information. Which appears to have happened subsequently.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'm going to respectfully call BS SO.

We as a community agreed to a paid membership model along with ads. Now I certainly understand the ads alone likely weren't a make it or break it.

I do appreciate your bread crumbs from earlier and wish you the best.

As an aside, all the theories of what could/might/would happen have come to fruition and now more than ever a place like ATS must exist.

It seems awfully suspicious (not on your end) that the sunset is transpiring in this manner.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink2

not a problem. but looking at your avatar block i noticed you only have 2 posts. you'll have to get 20 to open PM function.
maybe one of the mods knows another way, or maybe post 18 more reply's.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join