It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back after 20 years! Yeahh!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hello!

I'm back after 20 years! Couldn't believe my old posts from 2003 were still findable - I was a bit snarkier then - thought I knew it all apparently, hah! (You have to actually search for my username, the accounts don't exist but the posts are saved still)

Happy to be back and hoping the forums are still a bastion of open thoughts that push the edges of our collective understanding. I truly believe there's an opportunity in any place like this to cultivate small ripples of ideas we share that may grow into waves of positive influence. I also understand the importance of dissenting views and the value in discussing them openly - "mainstream", "alternative" and "crazy guy yelling at a wood doll in a shed in the mountains" all have potential value for humanity as a whole and I hope to contribute to all and anything in-between.

But I am here mostly to listen for those ripples of ideas. Maaaaybe even to start a few good ones myself!
edit on 12-11-2023 by tierenrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: tierenrie

Welcome back

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   

20 years? Wow, that must mean you were once super cool! I would highly suggest a couple things. First, we do have multiple bottom bunks available cause there was a serious house cleaning operation around here fairly recently. I suggest you take advantage of that and snag a bottom bunk while you can.

Also, I suggest you sleep on your side to prevent snoring. You get so many people in one spot, and we all just start sounding like farm animals at night. It's crazy! Sometimes we have snoring wars, where I swear it seems like some of us are having the same dream, yet having some deep-sleep competition while unconscious. In reality, we just sound like a collective of snorting pigs. It's pretty wild

Otherwise, the food here is great. But not so much if you're diabetic. We serve plenty of potatoes always and lots of fried chicken. Other fried foods are also welcome. We really love our fatty grease! There's plenty of board games also, and there's a select few who really love the card game 'spades'. But you can also advance to the 'cribbage' table if you think you're worthy.

Welcome!

edit on 12-11-2023 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

you can PM Djarums and ask that your old account be unlocked if you like. Then the old timers will know who you are/were, rather than wondering.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Yeah I peaked in my pre-teens, posting here about how Revelation is symbolic as if I was the first person to think that. Ya know, I WAS pretty cool. I read blackvault and had my own freewebz site. I even had a little script in my AIM profile that made peoples' CD ROM drives open automatically.

And you think I'd sleep on a bottom bunk!? I'll take the floor! However... I will viciously fight for a corner. The acoustics there will work well with the snoring and yelling and whispering.

I heard the house cleaning was a success and I'm even considering messaging those trustworthy mods to try to get my old OLD OLDD account back for posterity purposes.

Food is always good. I'm not diabetic but my very old dog is, but he's still scrappy and can kill rats with his one tooth so he'll be fine. Rat meat has a low glycemic index.

Thanks for the welcome.

Also, thank you Sprocket!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thanks. I will likely do this - my old account is the same name but had a space in it (somehow?) But I'll try to get it. Only had like 3 posts but I feel like it's fun cause it was from 2003 haha.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

We're all more snarky than we think we are. lol

Welcome on board.
Looking forward to encounter your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Hidie ho.

But what about those waves of negative influence?
Going by your chosen handle, one might suspect you have tyranny on the mind.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Thanks for the hellos. I think there's a big challenge in deciding what is negative and what is positive... In the incredibly complex web of causality, how can we even begin to tell.. Id guess most actions we take are a healthy mix of both positive and negative effects. Although again, very hard to determine what to qualify as good or bad. An easy example to me is letting someone figure something out on their own vs giving them the solution. One way is much better feeling for them in the immediate, relieving suffering with an instant fix.. but at the cost of possibly long term lack of ability to figure things out as well, meaning possibly much more overall suffering for them. And is suffering even a good metric of good/bad?!

But I guess we still can try to lean towards the good to the best of our ability.

As a side note, the wonderful mods got me access to my actual old account again.

"There have been 879482 new topics created since you were last here." Incredible, haha.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I have been on this board for decades, too. Hard to believe! Haven't come by more than a couple of times in the past decade or so. Followed the crazy news on Twitter and the like.

Came back a couple times this year to find my old login no longer worked. I began a new account, just to see if anyone was still around.

Used to be some truly strange stuff on these boards!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Welcome to the new comers.....and the not so new comers.

Check out what happened:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and about passwords
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tier Enrie

An easy example to me is letting someone figure something out on their own vs giving them the solution. One way is much better feeling for them in the immediate, relieving suffering with an instant fix.. but at the cost of possibly long term lack of ability to figure things out as well, meaning possibly much more overall suffering for them. And is suffering even a good metric of good/bad?!

A thoughtful reply to what might have been considered a somewhat pushy welcome post by yours truly. Yes, your reply does open the ground for thoughtful discussion Enrie and I look forward reading more of your rippling.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Welcome back!

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tier Enrie
"There have been 879482 new topics created since you were last here." Incredible, haha.

Hah that one got me too. I hadn't logged into this old account in 20 years either. My user was jaymp before Djarums lifted my 15 year old ban on this account the other day XD

new topics

top topics

join