It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The word is in your heart and in your mouth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Deuteronomy 30:14 "the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it."

What does it mean the word is in our mouth? It has never made much sense to me. A video I watched recently (below) made me aware of the meaning of "YHWH" . The letters "YHWH" are the only consonants in the Jewish language that when pronounced properly don't allow the use of the tongue or the closure of the lips. The name YHWY therefore imitates our breath. The incoming breath YA. The outgoing breath WEH. From our first breath to our last we praise the Lord that gives us life .... Psalm 150:6 "Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD."

Is the word in our mouth that of our breath?

The breath in Hinduism is called prana. Next to the Self and the Supreme-Self, its regarded as one of the most important things mentioned in the Upanishads.

Still not clear what the word in our mouth exactly means. Perhaps its beyond mental comprehension.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/11/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

The Bible tells us in John 1 that Jesus is the Word and Creator of all that exists.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined2

Did Author of Gospel of John or anyone else see Jesus in the flesh. If Jesus is God then 1.18 "No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son" is False! If 1.18 is true then how can John state Jesus is God if he himself cannot see God? Why did Jesus never once called himself God in any of the earlier gospels. Why did Jesus state "why do you call be good, no-one is good but God".

Gospel of John is more-so about the spiritual nature behind the man called Jesus. That which is made in the image of the Father. That image is personified (aka Jesus) in Gospel of John but Gospel of John also shares that the nature of one is in all (the vine).

So you need to be careful. If You believe Jesus is God you have created disharmony between Gospel of John and the other Gospels that recognized Jesus as a messiah. If disharmony exists then clearly Christianity is not enlightened scripture, only conjecture.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:24 PM
link   

1 John 5:7

edit on 11-11-2023 by Deetermined2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Modern versions of the Bible usually omit the addition to 1 John 5:7, but some place it in a footnote, with a comment indicating that "it is not found in the earliest manuscripts". This is why many including Sir Isaac Newton saw the trinity as corruption of scripture. Which in effect makes the church, spokesperson for God. Papal infallibility and all that nonsense. Just men seeking political powers at the expense of people seeking spirituality.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I am Jewish, at Hebrew school we were taught that YHWH is G-ds name in Hebrew! The Tetragrammaton! Hebrew is read from right to left: The four letters, written and read from right to left, are yodh, he, waw, and he.

Yodh He Waw He = YHWH = יהוה
edit on 11-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Thanks for input JJproductions. I am out of my depth here. But from what I have read. Modern Hebrew phonology is mostly based on Yiddish. The phonology of the YHWY spoken in ancient hebrew sounds more like yahweh or yahoo. Of cause it be nice to have input from Rabbi at to the old Hebrew pronunciation. But that's not likely given its forbidden for them to pronounce the name.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I can’t ask my rabbi, lol! I will find out for you! I am not deep into religion at all. I know who I will ask for you tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Modern versions of the Bible usually omit the addition to 1 John 5:7, but some place it in a footnote, with a comment indicating that "it is not found in the earliest manuscripts". This is why many including Sir Isaac Newton saw the trinity as corruption of scripture. Which in effect makes the church, spokesperson for God. Papal infallibility and all that nonsense. Just men seeking political powers at the expense of people seeking spirituality.

Unfortunately for you, proof of the Trinity of God is spread throughout the entire Bible.

Before Jesus died, He told his disciples that He would send them a Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit. In the next sentence, He tells them that He is that Comforter by stating that He would be the one coming to them in John 14.

It's also why BOTH the Father and Son said that they were the Alpha & Omega. They make up the First & Last.

edit on 12-11-2023 by Deetermined2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/12/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Still not clear what the word in our mouth exactly means. Perhaps its beyond mental comprehension.

Because breathing comes before any vocabulary. Even if the word word didn't exist.

There are hints in Richard Rohr's wikipedia page:

a focus on "orthopraxy"—a belief that lifestyle and practice are much more important than mere verbal orthodoxy,
his work's essential message focuses on the union of divine reality with all things and the human potential and longing for this union.
Rohr says he is a panentheist.

Richard_Rohr

There is a verse somewhere that says "Every scripture is God breathed and is ..." The word scripture only means written. That's all. So if we skip the notion that one written thing is more canonical than another written thing then we are on our way. Fiction, mystery, fantasy, physics, Mathematics, History, Archeology, Astrophysics, and etc. is all from a God breathed source.

So breathe, breathe! That's the quickest give and take with the rest of all there is.
edit on 12-11-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Thank you JJproductions, very much appreciated. I don't want push wrong information to others.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

There is deep esoteric meaning in many of Johns words. Its a wonderful Gospel. But easily misinterpreted. Its moreso about our spiritual nature than our material nature. But because most of us know little of the spiritual we equate the scripture to that of our understandings of the material world. I am certainly not in a position to advise you of anything other to follow your own heart in these matters.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Thank you FullHeathen. I think about your words after a few more coffee's!

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Never heard term panentheist before. The distinction between pantheism and panentheism seems dependent on ones view. In a state of ecstasy after meditation, all is one. Whereas in the state of mind, distinctions exist. Love your advice. Makes better sense to me now. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The context in Dueteronomy 30 shows that "the word" spoken of there is referring to the things Jehovah has said (with the emphasis on his commandments to the Israelites, and in particular as recorded there in the Bible, which in its entirety is also called the word of God, or simply the word, Jehovah's word, etc.). Verses 8 and 10 use the expression "the voice of Jehovah". Verse 10 says: "For then you will listen to the voice of Jehovah your God and keep his commandments and statutes written in this book of the Law*, and you will return to Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul." (*: that portion of God's word, the Bible, that was already available to the Israelites, with an emphasis on the words of Jehovah concerning the Mosaic Law)

So when Jehovah's word is in someone's heart, it means that it is dear to their heart, it's affecting their figurative heart (as the center of their emotions), so that in turn it affects their actions and behaviour (verse 14: "so that you may do it." Your translation said "obey it", remember we're talking about the commandments as recorded in the Law, i.e. the Mosaic Law as dictated by Jehovah). When that is the case, the word will also be in their mouths, as in they will talk about it a lot themselves, "for out of the heart’s abundance his mouth speaks." (Luke 6:45)

It works the same way with preaching, when something has made an impression on you and it has touched your heart, you feel this urge to speak about it, to share it, to point out to others its value. For Jeremiah, God’s word in his heart proved to be like a burning fire that he could not endure to hold in. (Jeremiah 20:9)

Dueteronomy 30:14 has nothing to do with Jesus, who is also called "the Word" (Gk: logos), because he is God's spokesman. The name (or, perhaps, title) “the Word” (Joh 1:1) apparently identifies the function that God’s firstborn Son performed after other intelligent creatures were formed. A similar expression is found at Exodus 4:16, where Jehovah says to Moses concerning his brother Aaron: “And he must speak for you to the people; and it must occur that he will serve as a mouth to you, and you will serve as God to him.” As spokesman for God’s chief representative on earth, Aaron served as “a mouth” for Moses. Likewise with the Word, or Logos, who became Jesus Christ. Jehovah evidently used his Son to convey information and instructions to others of his family of spirit sons, even as he used that Son to deliver his message to humans on earth. Showing that he was God’s Word, or Spokesman, Jesus said to his Jewish listeners: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality.”​—Joh 7:16, 17; compare Joh 12:50; 18:37.
edit on 14-11-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Wow, I didn't recognize that before!
Thank you, now I see it!

posted on Dec, 15 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Why did Jesus never once called himself God in any of the earlier gospels.

Yes He did. John 8:58
“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

And the people tried to stone Him because they knew He claimed to be God
John 10:33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.“

And as for the rest of the Bible, it clearly states Jesus is God the Son.

Philippians 2:5-6 “You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to.”

John 1:18 “No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.“

Colossians 2:9-10 “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily. and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority.“

John 1:1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.“

1 John 5:20 “And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.“

John 20:27-28 “Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.” Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

2 Peter 1:1 “Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.“

Acts 20:28 “Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

ONLY GOD CAN BE WORSHIPPED -

Matthew 2:1-2 “After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

Matthew 28:8-9 “So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.“

posted on Dec, 16 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

In a spiritual context "I AM" is the eye of our soul. In Exodus 3:14 "I AM THAT I AM" also speaks of that absolute presence. Without which, we'd all collapse into a comatose vegetative state. To be born again we must enter through that doorway. The experience of entering that doorway is shared by John in revelation. The seven trumpets sounded by seven angels occurs when one is born again. Whilst we exist in a state of sin we are taunted by the seven devils. When Mary Magdalene conquered the seven devils they transformed themselves into the seven angels. Mary did not experience sin any more when she was born again in God.

Jesus represents himself as the soul of man, the son of the Father. By seeking Jesus you seek your own soul.

new topics

top topics

join