It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing an opossum twice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

When living in a trailer long ago found out the hard way there was a hole in the floor in closet with my furnace. Turns out there was a whole family of possum living under. They decided to pay me a visit one night when I was going for a snack. Lol. That was fun when I turned on the lights

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMeanReally

When living in a trailer long ago found out the hard way there was a hole in the floor in closet with my furnace. Turns out there was a whole family of possum living under. They decided to pay me a visit one night when I was going for a snack. Lol. That was fun when I turned on the lights

Did you scream 🤣 I can’t imagine stumbling across them. They can get scary.

I kinda live in the sticks and we see all kinds of wildlife. I’ve seen lots of opossums as road kill but hardly any walking or alive. Two see two in that span LOOKING at me, seems weird to me. I even looked them up to see if they had a big population growth or something.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

Interesting. I’ve experienced it several times in my life and come to the conclusion that It’s real. It’s as if I have to think at it through peripheral vision/thoughts, or it vanishes.

Is that where the observer thing comes in?

Edit: it is not the same thing as in buying an odd color car and all of a sudden you are seeing the same color cars on the road you’ve never seen or noticed before. Different.
edit on 10-11-2023 by 38181 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I have about as much idea as anyone else when it comes to synchronicity.

My own thought is the event itself is probably not as important as realising it did happen, and it was not a random occurrence.

In Jag's example, Something knows she saw an opossum, then talked about it with her husband and lo and behold an opossum is in her driveway.

When we think about that, the odds are astronomical. Yet it happened. Then one comes to the question of who or what created the synchronisation event.

Something watches us. Something can intervene in our lives and physical reality.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Seems to be they are cleaning up your spirit yard?

Here are just a few interesting facts about one of the most misjudged wild animals in our back yards.

[5] They are natural sanitation workers. The diet of a possum calls for unusually high levels of calcium. This need for calcium incites them to eat on the skeletons of rodents and roadkill. This is a great way to stop the unnecessary spreading of some diseases from these dead animals and allows us to avoid any type of unpleasant contact with these decomposing creatures. It is a win-win situation. The possums can do all of the dirty work, and we can stay clean and germ-free.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Seems to be they are cleaning up your spirit yard?

Here are just a few interesting facts about one of the most misjudged wild animals in our back yards.

[5] They are natural sanitation workers. The diet of a possum calls for unusually high levels of calcium. This need for calcium incites them to eat on the skeletons of rodents and roadkill. This is a great way to stop the unnecessary spreading of some diseases from these dead animals and allows us to avoid any type of unpleasant contact with these decomposing creatures. It is a win-win situation. The possums can do all of the dirty work, and we can stay clean and germ-free.

I have always appreciated opossums because they eat so many ticks and I despise ticks.

I know a lot of horse people don’t like them because they carry a disease or something bad for horses.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My GF tossed a rubber squeaky dog toy out the front door for the cats to play with because the dog never did. Last night I found the opossum chewing on the squeaky toy under the patio. I told my GF about it and she said she knew that the opossum chewed on it like that. Very strange that such a dumb critter would play with a squeaky rubber bone like that. Now that must be a good sign, right?
edit on 11/11/2023 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have ticks on our property on the ocean in Nova Scotia. I hang the sex bags tick killer for them as they go wild with the tic sex scent. Next issue up on deck are the black bears.

Since I can grow hemp up thar legally, I was thinking of cutting a deal with them. I would provide bales of maryjane hooch for security. Possibly Maui Wowee.

I havent figured out what I would do when they get the munchies as they have enough strength to rip doors off an RV

Thats a TBD.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   
When I lived in South Carolina, I saw live and dead opossums quite a lot. One even startled me in my backyard but it was more frightened than me based on how fast it ran away. My leyland trees in my backyard were a bit overgrown if an opossum could hide in it. I didn’t remember hearing they were good luck. Better than spotting a large panther in my backyard. It might not run away. I spotted a very large panther one morning a few miles from my house and almost hit it with my car. Would have likely been in the news if a panther had been just a second slower. That is if the collision with such a large animal didn’t accidentally kill me.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I wouldn't read much into it, a few days ago was helping a friend load some scrap wood into a car boot and a white cat ran across the road under a gate and towards a fence. Didn't think much of it but it was cool seeing a pure white cat, a moment i shared with my friend nothing more.

If you came to NZ you'd see plenty of Opossums, their a bit of a pest here, love eating bark off the bottoms of trees.

Im previously Mammothtank for some reason my account was culled. Must be a certain length of inactivity time on ATS.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: NZbobweasel

I wouldn't read much into it, a few days ago was helping a friend load some scrap wood into a car boot and a white cat ran across the road under a gate and towards a fence. Didn't think much of it but it was cool seeing a pure white cat, a moment i shared with my friend nothing more.

If you came to NZ you'd see plenty of Opossums, their a bit of a pest here, love eating bark off the bottoms of trees.

Im previously Mammothtank for some reason my account was culled. Must be a certain length of inactivity time on ATS.

Ok you saw a white cat, now imagine you were driving and was talking about it and in a different location saw another completely different white cat.. coincedence?

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NZbobweasel

If you came to NZ you'd see plenty of Opossums

Yeah, all flat as pancakes on the roads . . .

We called them squash-ums after a recent trip to the south Island.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:27 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join