It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Probes "testers"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I work in the Animal Industry where we have to Know what's in the the water down to trace elements , I recently started pressure canning , Why have we not come up with a electronic probe to test for Botulism and other bad bacteria , Not to mention testing wild Mushrooms on the spot for a eat or don't eat ?

I'm sorry unless I've had a instructor and years of training I'm not eating wild mushrooms not confirmed with some sort of reliable test .

I think the canning of meat items should have some sort of tester other than "Does it smell"

Don't get me wrong in canning I believe it's done correct but a year from now when I pop a jar I kinda would like to know the outcome of my bathroom visits

edit on 3-11-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
I work in the Animal Industry where we have to Know what's in the the water down to trace elements , I recently started pressure canning , Why have we not come up with a electronic probe to test for Botulism and other bad bacteria , Not to mention testing wild Mushrooms on the spot for a eat or don't eat ?

I'm sorry unless I've had a instructor and years of training I'm not eating wild mushrooms not confirmed with some sort of reliable test .

I think the canning of meat items should have some sort of tester other than "Does it smell"

Don't get me wrong in canning I believe it's done correct but a year from now when I pop a jar I kinda would like to know the outcome of my bathroom visits

I once watched a reality show about the Amish and one of the older women would can meat (beef) and it appeared she had been canning beef most of her life and didn't have any issues with it. Perhaps you might want to research how the Amish do it without any issues.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I've canned for decades and haven't given anyone food poisoning so I don't think it's all that important.
Doing the prep work should be sufficient.

My Gramma would be laughing at you....😂

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone

I've canned for decades and haven't given anyone food poisoning so I don't think it's all that important.
Doing the prep work should be sufficient.

My Gramma would be laughing at you....😂

But it was all Tomatoes back in the day
For the life of me I can not find a Women that eats tomatoes and Onions lol

I think it will be on the Prenup if I got to migrate to another relationship .

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Really?
My wife loves onions...
Not big on tomatoes unless they are garden fresh...but I can't blame her there.

I remember my mom and grandma would can peaches, jams, tomato juice but not tomatoes, and venison if dad went hunting.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Botulism has no odor or taste and doesn't cause food to change color or look 'spoiled'. It's a bacteria that grows rapidly in an environment that lacks oxygen, like canning.

Boiling low-acid canned goods in an open kettle for 10 minutes will kill botulism.

The only thing to fear is lack of knowledge when home canning.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Because of all the possible foods to be tested and possible ways they can go bad, what you are asking for is a Star Trek trcorder. We cont have the technology yet for that.

There are some amazing devices that do some of the functions but not all the biological testing.

I think for now you would need a gas chromatograph to get what you want. Way too big and expensive.

Do as stated above and follow good canning practices and you will probably survive. Just kidding. My grandmother canned tomatoes, jams, corn and okra. Much better tasting than commercial canned goods. I don't remember anyone getting sick from them.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

edit on Sat Nov 4 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

top topics

join