It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part II Every time I see my friend I got sick

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I can only imagine what those stinky "deoderizers" must smell like to you. They stink to me, and my sense is not that intense.

Seriously, what does a "Glade Air Freshner" or a Febreeze do to you olfactory apparatus?

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

I can only imagine what those stinky "deoderizers" must smell like to you. They stink to me, and my sense is not that intense.

Seriously, what does a "Glade Air Freshner" or a Febreeze do to you olfactory apparatus?

Can’t stand them.. Most air fresheners and perfumes have a layer that smells only what I can describe as a bug spray undertone. It’s sour and chemical smelling, and absolutely horrible.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
But I imagine that the smell of real flowers can be a delight, or a morning breeze...

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Most air fresheners and perfumes have a layer that smells only what I can describe as a bug spray undertone. It’s sour and chemical smelling, and absolutely horrible.

How about people who use perfume or aftershave in the mistaken belief that it will hide the fact they seldom bathe or are heavy smokers?

I find most perfumes and aftershaves highly offensive, anyway.....and mixing them with sweat or tobacco just makes it worse.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
But I imagine that the smell of real flowers can be a delight, or a morning breeze...

When my sense of smell is really sharp some flowers like lilacs are too much it doesn’t smell floral, it smells like a chemical smell.

Roses on the other hand, they smell so delicious, seriously almost edible.
Magnolia flowers smell like candy to me. Lilies are like lilacs, too strong like chemicals.
Jasmine is another good one.

Sounds weird, but I absolutely love the smell of night, yes nighttime has a distinct scent.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yes...after many years in med everyone has a smell...some exude certain chemicals from diet, culture....

My worst? Not puke. Not B.O....salami-breath. I kid you not!

Stay good as usual ma'am🫡

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   

As others have said, and I agree, you definitely have a gift. I think it's a combination of things. You are very much intuitive, psychic and an empath. Empaths can feel emotions in others so strongly, that sometimes they can literally feel their pain or illness. I'm an empath, and this has happened to me. But your incredible sense of smell is amazing. You can smell cancer, Parkinsons, all kinds of things in people. I would imagine that is extremely rare. And probably very hard on you too, as many of the smells for you are bad.

The only thing I have noticed I smell sometimes is my husband's cologne. He passed away a little over a year ago. I have been in my den, where he used to hang out for hours when he was still at home, and can literally smell his cologne sometimes. Then I know he is in the room with me.

You have an incredible gift there, lady.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: WhiteHat

When my sense of smell is really sharp some flowers like lilacs are too much it doesn’t smell floral, it smells like a chemical smell.

Roses on the other hand, they smell so delicious, seriously almost edible.
Magnolia flowers smell like candy to me. Lilies are like lilacs, too strong like chemicals.
Jasmine is another good one.

Sounds weird, but I absolutely love the smell of night, yes nighttime has a distinct scent.

Also clouds and snow have a smell. As hard as winter is, I love the smell of winter.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

www.npr.org...

But then one day, about 10 years into the marriage, when Les was 31, he came home, and strangely, Joy says, he smelled different. "His lovely male musk smell had got this overpowering sort of nasty yeast smell," she says. At first Joy thought it must be something from the hospital where he worked and told him to shower, but that didn't help, and over the weeks and months that followed the smell just seemed to grow stronger.

But Joy's superpower is so unusual that researchers all over the world have started working with her and have discovered that she can identify several kinds of illnesses — tuberculosis, Alzheimer's disease, cancer and diabetes.

I’m not the only one, this lady has the same gift.

I would describe Parkinson’s as sweet, musky, and very distinct, not sure I’d call it a yeast smell..

One of the most shocking things I’ve ever smelled……Was cooking with Spam.. almost vomited. Smelled exactly like an old man.
So either there was human in there, or pigs are a lot closer to humans than we are made to believe……
edit on 2-11-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Random smell stories.

Best smelling state hands down, Alabama
Worst smelling state, Indiana

Least chemical smelling soap/shampoo Burts Bees baby

Even some “organic” strawberries have a chemical smell and may not be as “organic” as you believe. Some are sprayed with something.
A lot of fast food places are selling rancid or about to go rancid food but most people can’t taste/smell it.

Chicken and eggs must be fed some sludge or fish waste, a lot of eggs have a fishy undertone to my taste/smell
Rotisserie chicken is absolutely the worst. I can’t get it past my nose or taste.

Some meats I can smell/taste what the animal ate, such as hay.

Gator meat, shark meat, and other exotic meats, don’t taste like chicken to me.

A lot of salmon is farm raised even if it says wild. They use a trick of words, but I can taste if it is really wild or has been in a farm, very distinct taste/smell. (Very very gross!)

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Gator meat 🤮 it does not taste like chicken. Shark never tried. I had venison once and it was soooo yuck! It even smelled bad.

Do you still eat meat? I quit meat three years ago! Yuck

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

Gator meat 🤮 it does not taste like chicken. Shark never tried. I had venison once and it was soooo yuck! It even smelled bad.

Do you still eat meat? I quit meat three years ago! Yuck

Yes but my consumption is significantly down.
Can’t stand venison or goat.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Most fascinating thread I've read in a while.
Thank you
(God I'm happy you cannot sniff me over the internet lol)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Goat is the worst meat I have EVER had! I think it ties for something I tried in the Philippines! 🤢
edit on 3-11-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I recall your original thread. I have been told by three PhD's and two priests that they consider me an Empath. I also think you are an Empaty and have powers aka ~ gifts way above mine. I bought the book Empaths and Energy Vampires by Dr. Judith Orloff

Heres a video link. You need to learn as to how to put your shields up. I bought her book and read it but met my Twin Flame in 2021 and I gifted her the book as I get it after decades of life but she is one scared individual.

Empaths and Energy Vampires | Dr. Judith Orloff

Empaths and Energy Vampires
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

Nostrildamus?

Ah, ha-ha. A nice little comedy turd floating in the punch bowl.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   

edit on 3-11-2023 by Hakaiju because: Late to the party. Someone already posted something similar.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Everybody, and I mean everybody has this "ability" or better still this sense. Just like obese people that overeat the majority of people supress or ignore these "signals" "smells". It's been proven time and time again (please read "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris) but it's so subtle that people ignore it.

Examples, proven whether you like them or not:- Women when they are in a collective environment after a period of time their menstrual cycles will align. When a woman is fertile and ready they give off hormones that attract men. And not only men. It's very dangerous for a woman in that state if she's in the vicinity of a stallion, because the stallion will get excited. This is all down to subtle smells.

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

I recall your original thread. I have been told by three PhD's and two priests that they consider me an Empath. I also think you are an Empaty and have powers aka ~ gifts way above mine. I bought the book Empaths and Energy Vampires by Dr. Judith Orloff

Heres a video link. You need to learn as to how to put your shields up. I bought her book and read it but met my Twin Flame in 2021 and I gifted her the book as I get it after decades of life but she is one scared individual.

Empaths and Energy Vampires | Dr. Judith Orloff

Empaths and Energy Vampires

Thank you I will look into that!

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Everybody, and I mean everybody has this "ability" or better still this sense. Just like obese people that overeat the majority of people supress or ignore these "signals" "smells". It's been proven time and time again (please read "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris) but it's so subtle that people ignore it.

Examples, proven whether you like them or not:- Women when they are in a collective environment after a period of time their menstrual cycles will align. When a woman is fertile and ready they give off hormones that attract men. And not only men. It's very dangerous for a woman in that state if she's in the vicinity of a stallion, because the stallion will get excited. This is all down to subtle smells.

Quite possible, I think this is how Native Americans and early people tracked animals and predicted the weather. You are also right about people suppressing it or something I’ve thought, it’s been damaged by our foods here.
I grew up eating very differently than most. An Asian diet in Europe… So very pure food if you will, and very good water.

When Europeans come to visit America one of the first things they say is that our bread is sweet, although almost no Americans would classify it as such.

edit on 3-11-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join