It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump had bought the Bufflo Bills in 2014

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:51 PM
link   
''As Trump tried to buy Buffalo Bills, bankers doubted he'd get NFL's OK, emails show at fraud trial''

frontier.yahoo.com...

Trump once owned the New Jersey Generals, a football team in the USFL (United States Football League. This league sought to establish a new football league that's season played during the spring when the NFL and baseball leagues were not. After several years, Trump forced the league to play their season at the same time as the NFL sealing it's fate and it never played another season.

All that aside, there is a comment Trump made about his failed attempt to buy the Bills in 2014

Trump told the AP in 2016 that had he been able to buy the Bills, it’s unlikely that he would've run for president.

“If I bought that team, I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing," he said.

So, taking on the Powers that BE and draining the swamp and being the only one who can make America Great Again really was his second choice. Owning an NFL team was more important to him. Then he could just hob-knob with those powers and pretend to be one of them.

One last time.

“If I bought that team, I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing,"

edit on 161521092023Oct2023-10-31T21:52:04-05:002120232023 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

edit on 165571092023Oct2023-10-31T21:57:57-05:002120232023 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

He should have bought the Lions and brought back Barry Sanders! S/F.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

He's making way more money being a former president than he ever would owning the Bills. I'm sure Jared is letting ol' Trumpy-in-law get a slice of that $2 billion pie served up by Saudi Arabia a few years ago. If anything he's probably thanking Cthulhu that he didn't go the NFL owner route, but the quote is still very telling.
edit on 31-10-2023 by 31331Dos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 31331Dos

I caught that quote just this evening. It does fit squarely with the story line that he only ran for POTUS to increase his brand.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   

And just because you're an owner in the NFL doesn't mean you couldn't also be president. He could and probably would delegate duties and just pay someone else to run the operations while he was president. And let's be honest, that's probably what he'd do anyways even if he wasn't planning on being president. That's what he already did and does with all of his businesses anyways.

So this quote is kinda stupid on multiple levels.
edit on 31-10-2023 by 31331Dos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Him saying that if he had bought that team he would not have run for president seems pretty clear to me. How do you interpret it that makes it so stupid?

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

Him saying that if he had bought that team he would not have run for president seems pretty clear to me. How do you interpret it that makes it so stupid?

He was saying that if he had bought the team then he wouldn't have the time to run as President.

I'm not understanding why this is something nefarious.

To me it is simply pointing out effective time management as a businessperson.

But since you think about Trump more than Trump thinks about Trump, what do you think he was thinking?

edit on 000000010America/Chicago10pmTue, 31 Oct 2023 23:13:56 -050013 by Lumenari because: Used the word Trump three times in a sentence, which was better than the OP could do, despite the obsession with Trump.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Because he could easily be president while also being an NFL owner, he'd just delegate everything like he does with every other business he's ever owned. Buying the Bills wouldn't have stopped him from running for president in my opinion, he's just talking out of his ass here. Not exactly "stupid" but close enough.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

He was saying that if he had bought the team then he wouldn't have the time to run as President.

Exactly, he would not have had time to run for potus. That and the obvious, he would not WANTED to run for potus as I stated in the OP. Running for potus was always nothing more than a way to increase his brand and schmooze with the elite. That all the rhetoric he has pumped out is merely his hook that has landed him such a following.

I don't see anything nefarious either, just a phony or at most secondary patriotism

Certainly. But NOT as the savior of America as he continues to portray himself.

But since you think about Trump more than Trump thinks about Trump, what do you think he was thinking?

First, I find that a simply silly comment. For every post I make about Trump, he tosses out a dozen or more about himself..And what do I think he was thinking? That, as I stated in the OP, his attempt to be what he wanted to be, a professional football team owner, which if we see his attempts to do so throughout his life was more important to him, up to the time that he ran for potus than the people of the United States ever were.

edit on 2282810112023Oct2023-10-31T23:28:30-05:002320232023 by BingoMcGoof because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Sure, he might have even tried to buy a team once he had won the election but I don't know as any came up for sale at that time or that he could have met the price even as he would have let Eric do the buying. And I agree that he was speaking from you know where, but even then I think it was a moment of honesty. He wouldn't have run had he done what he really wanted to do, increase his brand and schmooze with the elites.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Exactly, he would not have had time to run for potus. That and the obvious, he would not WANTED to run for potus as I stated in the OP. Running for potus was always nothing more than a way to increase his brand and schmooze with the elite. That all the rhetoric he has pumped out is merely his hook that has landed him such a following.

I don't see anything nefarious either, just a phony or at most secondary patriotism

First, I find that a simply silly comment. For every post I make about Trump, he tosses out a dozen or more about himself..And what do I think he was thinking? That, as I stated in the OP, his attempt to be what he wanted to be, a professional football team owner, which if we see his attempts to do so throughout his life was more important to him, up to the time that he ran for potus than the people of the United States ever were.

To be honest, your OP just kinda trashed your programmed idea that he thought he was the next Jesus who just ran for President because of his ego.

Thanks for pointing out that a businessman went on record as saying that if he had a bigger business deal then he wouldn't have done the President thing.

You know... what a good businessman would do.

Meanwhile, you personally are paying more for gas, groceries, services, taxes because of our current pResident.

Your choice.

But Orange Man Bad...

LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   

To be honest, your OP just kinda trashed your programmed idea that he thought he was the next Jesus who just ran for President because of his ego.

Hardly. I don't think I ever said he thought he was Jesus or any kind of messiah or savior. Only that that is how he portrays himself. As America's savior. When people think that, then that FEEDS his ego because he knows he has them fooled. Remember his ''he could shoot some in the street and people would cheer him on? He was amazed at how far people would go to defend him.

Meanwhile, you personally are paying more for gas, groceries, services, taxes because of our current pResident.

Your choice.

How old are you I wonder. "Im paying more now than I was in 1960 for a candy bar, more now than I was for gas in 1970, more now for a movie ticket in 1980, more now for everything in 1990 2000 2010 2020. I got used to it without blaming which ever goof sat in the Oval Office.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Funny thing about those trumpers, always telling you what he meant. Like they know. Nowhere in that quote did he mention time. Yet that is what he meant lol.

And trump living in your head? He is running for President, he should be in our head. Kind of like telling her omg inflation is living in your head rent free.
And notice, they never ever say those things to the daily anti Biden posters.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 31331Dos

He's making way more money being a former president than he ever would owning the Bills. I'm sure Jared is letting ol' Trumpy-in-law get a slice of that $2 billion pie served up by Saudi Arabia a few years ago. If anything he's probably thanking Cthulhu that he didn't go the NFL owner route, but the quote is still very telling.

how did that work, did Saudi just give him 2 billion or did he have to go down for it? Or was it an investment they get back with interest?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

at the risk of trying to have a reasonable conversation with an unreasonable person,
have you ever seen older videos of Trump speaking about running for president? He has talked about this quite a bit over the years. But I do think his initial run was more of a PR thing than a real push to be POTUS. He just wasn't ready for the public response he got. The US voting majority was tired of being lied to by professionals, they decided to bring in an amature, and those who can get past his personality, were pleasantly surprised by his success. Those who must hate at all costs go out of their way to find things to be angry about.

He found he was good at this, and it pumped his ego bigley. I personally think what you and those like you fear more than anything in the world, is another SUCCESSFUL Trump presidency. If he was to take office again, and fix a lot of what's happening now, he would prove that most of what's going on is a lie. And the haters would have no ammo to use other than "he says mean things".

I thought his first run would be a joke, but no more than the Obama farce. I was wrong and happy to be wrong. So now I look forward to another try from him, or at least someone with his ideals of America first, and energy and economic prosperity.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: buckstopper

Yeah, it's pretty simple. Coined expressions.. I guess it's much easier to believe the ''living in your head'' bit than to consider that it's rather important to pay attention to the movements and actions of a perceived predator in the area. It's like a a tribal person from ancient times saying ''ah, pay no attention to that sabre tooth tiger circling the camp, your are just being dramatic.''

Another I love that is tossed out a lot is the ''Oh the major media.Open your eyes cuz they are controlling your thinking. '' And that one tossed at a person who have been reading ATS daily for over a decades as if they have never heard it before.

There are memes and there are memetic structures and meme complexes. There are also mini-memes, the simplistic ones that are so easily picked up to be used as slander. We see way to much of them ..

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

at the risk of trying to have a reasonable conversation with an unreasonable person,

I wonder if it would be reasonable, in your opinion of course, to read any further into that post than the first sentence.
I cannot comment on any of the rest of your post because I have not.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

He went down on them when he signed that arms deal and took that infamous picture holding the globe. I'm sure Saudi Arabia will be arming Iran and Hamas with all those weapons gifted to them by the Trump and Biden administration to make the battle as bloody as possible.
edit on 1-11-2023 by 31331Dos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

ah so it was a gift. He must have done a fantastic job.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this, S&F. I never knew this. Learn something new every day. Kinda blows my mind.

Sent you a PM.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join