It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Academic fired over his criticisms of Israel's attacks in Gaza

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   
www.gerceknews.com...

Israeli sociolinguist Uri Horesh on Sunday announced on social media that he had been suspended from his job in Achva Academic College after voicing his opinions against Israel's targeting of civilians in Gaza, that more recently his access to college e-mail and other databases was cut off and his name and professional web page removed from the school's website.

So the Israeli Academic was initially suspended and eventually was fired for his views on Israel's attacks in Gaza and his solidarity with the Palestinian people and especially the people of Gaza who have been subjected to a continuous campaign of bombing that had killed many thousands with the majority to be women and children.

His letter

"Some of you already know that I was suspended 9 days ago from my college job 'pending a disciplinary hearing' for voicing my opinions against the Israeli genocidal actions in Gaza (officially because someone or something interpreted them as 'support for Hamas') (...) The hearing never came, but last night, with no warning, my access to college email and other databases was cut off, and my name and professional web page removed from the college server. I was also not sent an appointment letter for the current/upcoming academic year

The initial announcement caught me on the last day of a conference I was attending in NYC. Given that most flights to TLV have been canceled indefinitely, I changed my flight destination to London, and I am currently staying here in the United Kingdom for the time being."

In a few words the false equivalency argument has been applied even in his case!!! Given that he is Jewish.

He has been accused of being a Hamas Supporter!!! And it can't get more absurd than this when any criticisms of the Israeli Government and the Israeli State as well as any argument in favour of ceasefire and peace by anyone in the world can be perceived or deliberately labelled as anti-semitism, support for terrorism, support for Hamas, and the rest of these ridiculous accusations.

It reminds me of the Covid era where any criticisms of the new elixir of life and the medical establishment were regarded as potential crimes, misinformation, and anti vax propaganda.

He has now decided not to return to Israel for safety reasons and remain somewhere in England.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That's what I've been telling people: You can be against Israel AND Hamas.

Being against one does not mean you are for the other. Being for one does not mean you are against the other.

But when it comes to jews and Israel, you'll find that many peoples brains immediately fall out of their heads. That's called conditioning. Programming. I mean what did people expect to happen when they let jews own 97% of the media.

Hollywood is a powerful tool/weapon.
TV is a powerful tool/weapon.

Even people who consider themselves enlightened and aware and awake still cannot penetrate the deep level of programming done on them since birth.

They will acknowledge that TV and Hollywood has this power and will warn others and decry its use, but will never identify or condemn the TRIBE that programmed them!

They act as if the TV and Movies up and decided to become evil all on their own. If anything they sometimes blame the actors themselves lmao as if they had anything to do with the messaging. Occasionally their brain finds its way to the director which is a step in the right direction but the real puppetmasters are the producers, the studio execs, the OWNERS.

They don't go there because they know that what they will find will make them very uncomfortable. Better to pretend the jewish elephant is not in the room with us.

If it was done by Chinese or Mormons or something you know damn well that identifier would be at the forefront of their remarks. "The CHINESE are doing this to us!" "The MORMONS are programming everyone!"

You can also be against jews AND Muslims. While still recognizing we must share our planet with these people. That's why borders exist!

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTwizzle

That's what I've been telling people: You can be against Israel AND Hamas.

Being against one does not mean you are for the other. Being for one does not mean you are against the other.

And yet the false binary argument has been created deliberately to silence criticisms against the Israeli Government.

On the top of the false equivalency argument where any criticism against the Israeli Government is considered support for Hamas (not even support for Palestinians)

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Do you see what happened yesterday?!

Even Antonio Guterres was deliberately misrepresented!

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Not to forget that even in these threads there are similar claims and those who have no valid arguments end up accusing other members of Hamas support or terrorism support and the usual accusations. Precisely as this Jewish Academic was accused and was eventually fired because he is against the war and in favour of peace.

I haven't seen any addressing this issue and I wonder what's going on....

edit on 27-10-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Borders exist.

Really? Have you seen the SW US?

And here we are complaining that Israel wants to protect her border with Gaza.

And so does Egypt.

Glad you are admitting it.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

What were his "remarks"?

Difficult to have a view without knowing what he said?

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvenOlderCarpy

What were his "remarks"?

Difficult to have a view without knowing what he said?

There is an interview on YouTube I have just watched and you can find it here. But he isn't the only Jewish person to have been criticized or accused because of their criticisms against the Israeli State. I mean any sane person will do the same thing...

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

Borders exist.

Really? Have you seen the SW US?

And here we are complaining that Israel wants to protect her border with Gaza.

And so does Egypt.

Glad you are admitting it.

Yes, countries want to protect their borders. Palestine isn't a country by the way but some occupied territories.

But what is important is the many voices in Israel and mostly outside who openly criticise the Israeli State and accuse it for committing serious crimes. You see there are sane people in Israel too. And it's not only this academic.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Thanks.

Agree, this sort of censorship is wrong. On that, at least, we can agree on something.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvenOlderCarpy

Thanks.

Agree, this sort of censorship is wrong. On that, at least, we can agree on something.

Yes, this censorship cannot be right and he isn't the only Jewish person who criticises the Israeli State given the very large number of deaths within a few weeks on both sides.

He hasn't gone back to Israel. Instead he diverted to London I think where he stays with friends as it's quite dangerous for him to be there.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leviathan4
... his opinions against Israel's targeting of civilians in Gaza,..

Pffft. Israel isn't targeting civilians. If that is what his 'opinions' are about, then no wonder he got canned. Israel has the firepower to kill all 2 million 'palestinians' if they wanted to. They haven't. Obviously they aren't 'targeting civilians'. Hamas uses civilians as human shields. Civilians are dying in Gaza? Take it up with Hamas, not Israel.

edit on 10/27/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Pffft. Israel isn't targeting civilians. If that is what his 'opinions' are about, then no wonder he got canned. Israel has the firepower to kill all 2 million 'palestinians' if they wanted to. They haven't. Obviously they aren't 'targeting civilians'. Hamas uses civilians as human shields. Civilians are dying in Gaza? Take it up with Hamas, not Israel.

That's a great argument!

Just because it hasn't killed all of them does this mean Israel isn't targeting civilians?

You have raised the bar dangerously!

So your argument is that civilians are not targeted because the entire population hasn't been killed....
You really make great arguments that are quite entertaining.

Take a look at what the Israeli Academic said and he isn't the only one. He speaks about an Apartheid State, war crimes, etc. It's quite damning given that it comes from a Jewish person.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

That's a great argument!

It is. If Israel was targeting civilians, a hell of a lot more of them would be dead. They'd be carpet bombing instead of using precise munitions. They'd be using bigger munitions instead of just the right size to bring down the one building that they target. It's an excellent argument. COMMON SENSE. Give it a try.

It's quite damning given that it comes from a Jewish person.

Pffft. Self hating jew. There are self haters in all groups. It's not damning.
You are sucking it up because, given your posting history, you obviously hate Israel.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

We're asking for evidence of Israeli war crimes and we've grown blind to your incessant posting of the same tired links.

You lost this argument. Take your bone and find a new argument.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It's quite clear that regardless of the propaganda you try to push even Jewish people argue for ceasefire and peace and even them are saying that Israel has committed war crimes. It's truly remarkable especially when it comes from Jewish people (but he isn't the only Jewish person to criticise the State of Israel). It immediately refutes your propaganda.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Have you seen all the self hating white people marching for BLM?

Yeah, same caliber.

That's 👆 in reference to the OP.

edit on 27-10-2023 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

That's a great argument!

It is. If Israel was targeting civilians, a hell of a lot more of them would be dead. They'd be carpet bombing instead of using precise munitions. They'd be using bigger munitions instead of just the right size to bring down the one building that they target. It's an excellent argument. COMMON SENSE. Give it a try.

It's quite damning given that it comes from a Jewish person.

Pffft. Self hating jew. There are self haters in all groups. It's not damning.
You are sucking it up because, given your posting history, you obviously hate Israel.

I have been sarcastic.
Your argument is laughable.

Your argument is that civilians are not targeted because the entire population hasn't been killed....
You really make great arguments that are quite entertaining.

Self hating jew. There are self haters in all groups. It's not damning.

This is a paranoic argument...

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

....regardless of the propaganda you try to push ....

Hey genius .. it's NOT 'propaganda' to state the FACT that Israel has a hell of a lot of fire power and if they were actually targeting civilians then a hell of a lot of those civilians would be dead. Not just a few thousand who MIGHT be dead ... but HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS ... Heck they could just drop the nukes they have and kill all 2 million.

OBVIOUSLY they are NOT targeting civilians. That's common sense and is obvious to all who aren't desperately grasping the Hamas anti-Israel propaganda.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If you lob missiles from an elementary school and that school is destroyed in retaliation, killing all the children, it's YOU that committed a war crime (reason for the missile is irrelevant), not those that retaliated.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join