It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only way to save ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   
JimmyNeutr0n here, Are we victims of MKUltra thread

Look at our lovely centralized hangout. Theoretically, there is but one way to save what "ATS" is (community)

Decentralization, moving over to the fediverse. First and foremost, in this centralized playground, we entrust the owners here at ATS with our information. If they are compromised, we are all compromised equally. We don't trust the government to do whats right for us, why would we trust a corporation, "The Above Network"?

In the circumstance, it would be the duty of ATS administrators to make an announcement, send out emails, make phone calls, bat signals.... In a decentralized environment like the fediverse, we are less prone to organized XSS, SQL, server and data breaches, and unauthorized access on the network level.

I'm not here shilling to go to another company or corporation....I'm shilling for you all to be take responsibility for yourselves. We ALL love to make the 2nd amendment argument. "rah rah rah, the only one who has your best intentions at heart is YOU, not daddy government, hence one of the reasons we need the 2nd amendment". Rational. But why don't we apply that to everything else....? Why can't we apply that responsibility to take our own precious lives into our own hands and build the very things we want...? When it comes to ANYTHING else, we're all just lazy bones. "eh, let someone else take care of it".

Even though its not hard to take care of yourself, and this isn't that big of a responsibility, we still pass the buck. What kind of people are we? Grifters. Sheep. We go along to get along.

I don't know about you guys, but I'll still be here I suppose, but I do not think this is the best way forward.

PS: Speaking of centralized servers...does ATS have a discord?

*Explaining the fediverse in a nutshell so even a child can understand*

The Fediverse is like lots of kids playing with their own toys in a playground, but there's no boss telling them what to do
. Instead, they all agree to play nice together. They talk using a special language called ActivityPub. This way, they can share their toys and games with each other, even though they have different toys.

So, no one person or company is in charge of everything. Each kid can choose which group to play with and follow the rules they like. It's like everyone gets to make their own rules and still have fun with their friends on the playground. You don't have to play with one group, and they don't have to play with you.

My last points for us to start moving into a decentralized and building the infastructure we have here; there:

-Decentralized platforms like the Fediverse have enhanced security features and protection against breaches and attacks (encryption, self-hosting, decentralized data stores)

-You can moderate your own content and what you see.

-Less data mining.

-Diverse servers so if one server goes down, we all don't go down.

-More transparency than what ATS offers (and ATS does offer a competitive privacy policy compared to google :roll

-Typically open-source (activitypub is open sourced).

I rest my case.

PS: I still think Representative Republicanism is the culmination of Roman Republic Fascism although I may have damaged a lot of hearts with that one (you can see by the ratio'ing and comments: Representative Republicanism IS Fascism. It's hard hearing something you believe so adamantly in, get associated with a nasty word on par with "Nazi". Its literal cognitive dissonance to have a biased understanding of etymology without divulging into the topic what-so-ever, and accepting reality for what it is, rather living in the human conceptions and barriers we build all around ourselves. I never said "Fascism" is bad, is good, or neutral. If you think "Fascism" means "bad thing", that is your bias, but more importantly, that is your opinion. Reality triumphs over human conceptions at the end of the day.

"Just say it isn't so". Like I said earlier in my rant...we're all content, and we're all just lazy bones.

I love you all as usual.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd

We also could take some initiative and start posting real threads again
instead of a bajillion threads about "What happened to ATS?"

That might help too!

edit on 25/10/2023 by BidenOperator because: clarification

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why would we do that?

Judging by the threads we had before the issue started, that is something we were not prone to doing.

The best thread going was about an axe..

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonaldJTrump

Don’t worry, I’ll save it. I’ve been looking to expand Truth.

I’m in the talks right now, it’s going to be a good deal I can assure you of that.

We’re going to take back this site which has a lot of good people. And then we’re going to take back this country.

I think you meant to say it like this:

Don’t worry, I’ll save it. It will be a huge save. A massive one. The greatest save of all times. I’ve been looking to expand Truth. You know truth. Truth that we all know. Truth that we love and respect. The truthiest truth of all truths.

I’m in the talks right now, it’s going to be a good deal I can assure you of that. It will be the best deal. The biggest deal ever made. A deal like no one has ever seen.

We’re going to take back this site which has a lot of good people. It has the best people. The people who love me and America. Amazing people. Amazing. And then we’re going to take back this country. We are going to take it and make it great again. We will Make America Great Again.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BidenOperator

We also could take some initiative and start posting real threads again
instead of a bajillion threads about "What happened to ATS?"

That might help too!

This isn't a "what happened to ATS" thread. We always have questions, but never answers. This is just one answer I put forward. I'm fine if this post doesn't get another reply. The ball is in all of your courts.

originally posted by: DonaldJTrump

Don’t worry, I’ll save it. I’ve been looking to expand Truth.

I’m in the talks right now, it’s going to be a good deal I can assure you of that.

We’re going to take back this site which has a lot of good people. And then we’re going to take back this country.

What are you saving..? Everyones comfort? Not having to be responsible for themselves then wonder how or why this even happened? I haven't been on ATS in about 3 weeks, I can't attest to the content recently. Personally, I found facebook more intriguing after that whole fiasco happened about selling ATS, even prior to that...Just lost the luster, but that's neither here nor there. That's my personal opinion I don't expect anyone to share.

Here's an analogy. Someone breaks into your house. You call the cops. Intruder kills you before the cops can get there. Welcome to ATS & centralization.
edit on 25-10-2023 by JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Save ATS? Should probably be certain it needs saving first. And no, that's not necessarily advocacy for the current state if things.

این نیز بگذرد,

This is Persian adage adapted continuously over time.

It is known in the Western world primarily due to a 19th-century retelling of a Persian fable by the English poet Edward FitzGerald:

SOLOMON'S SEAL.

The Sultan asked Solomon for a Signet motto, that
should hold good for Adversity or Prosperity. Solomon
gave him,

"THIS ALSO SHALL PASS AWAY."

Interesting that such a profound and widely used adage was popularized in Islamic Mysticism. They're heretics though.

For now:

edit on 25-10-2023 by SheWasTheDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey1

Lol.

Well, yeah, there's that too, I was trying to be positive, but if you wanna scare people. That was great. Knowing me, I'd take the balloon out of triggered psychopathic tendencies and self-presevation.

Different Pennywise:

edit on 25-10-2023 by SheWasTheDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I know for a fact Dave Chappelle visited here and stole one of my posts for one of his jokes.

Hey Dave, buy the site and I will feed you more material - for a price.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This fediverse seems really cool. In some ways that's what happens when people use several social media platforms and share across them. What they share is shared and shared again across even more platforms by others they shared it with. It could really expand your networks using this fediverse system, but it wouldn't be all-inclusive, in fact, it could potentially be very exclusive.

Also, I have found most people get into only one or two platforms with social media like Facebook as a common area then something more like personal messaging or a news feed service. Fewer people use forum boards and chat rooms anymore, but they are still there. It seems that people can only tolerate so much networking information before saturation occurs.
edit on 25-10-2023 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The Government owns the backbone, through its many private subsidiaries.
Decentralization is only part of a solution, you also need an independent network, something like AMPRNet.

Tunneling (e.g., VPN) is no solution at all.

(post by WatcherInTheDark removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WatcherInTheDark

Elon Needs to Buy ATS for Chump Change and Make it GREAT Again . He could do it as a Tax Right off and with No Board of Directors getting in his Way......

edit on 26-10-2023 by Zanti because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck
This fediverse seems really cool. In some ways that's what happens when people use several social media platforms and share across them. What they share is shared and shared again across even more platforms by others they shared it with. It could really expand your networks using this fediverse system, but it wouldn't be all-inclusive, in fact, it could potentially be very exclusive.

Also, I have found most people get into only one or two platforms with social media like Facebook as a common area then something more like personal messaging or a news feed service. Fewer people use forum boards and chat rooms anymore, but they are still there. It seems that people can only tolerate so much networking information before saturation occurs.

I think you have a few generalizations here and subjective observations.

Generalizations:

"Fewer people use forum boards and chat rooms anymore."

This generalizes the decline of forum boards and chat rooms. Its true that some specific platforms have seen reduced usage over the years, it doesn't account for the continued popularity of various online communities, forums, and chat rooms, especially within niche interest groups or specific online subcultures like our own

"It seems that people can only tolerate so much networking information before saturation occurs."

While this may be true for many users who experience social media fatigue, the threshold for saturation varies from person to person. Some individuals can handle more networking information than others without feeling overwhelmed

So...the Fediverse is a unique and a vibrant space in the world of social media. Its true that it may not be as well known as major platforms like Facebook, it offers a lot more valuable advantages, especially for the ATS community. You can talk about whatever you want without fear of censorship.

Doesn't ATS have an old forum rule about posting QAnon stuff?

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WatcherInTheDark
Admin's stop being lazy and negligent. Trash. Letting Zionist racist genocidal scum run rampant.

Wrong.

YOU are the lazy and neglectful one. You joined someone elses system, you didn't create your own. You gave away your information left and right, you didn't secure your person.

I'm beating a dead horse at this point, but you reap what you sow. When you decide to follow along and play ball with the centralized entity, you're giving up your personhood and freedom in kind.

So what are you mad at? Website going to # and now you can't get your hit? Nothing lasts, unless YOU make it last.

Build the thing you want to see. Stop being...lazy and negligent.

ETA: PS I was breaking down the Zionist thing in my mind since the onset of this recent conflict in Gaza/Israel. People don't understand and don't want to accept they're a Zionist. They have a biased view of the word, as I mentioned in the last bit of my OP about Fascism. When people have an idea in their mind, they'll draw a biased conclusion NOT based on fact, but based on their understanding of and emotional response to. To support Israel in this war, is the literal definition of "Zionism".

Saying "im not a zionist, im just pro-israel" is an oxymoron when taken with see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil about Israel.. Not to even get into the nitty gritty of the state of Israel, but quite literally, to support Israel in this day-in-age is the actual definition of what Zionism is.
edit on 26-10-2023 by JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheshbaz7ar
The Government owns the backbone, through its many private subsidiaries.
Decentralization is only part of a solution, you also need an independent network, something like AMPRNet.

Tunneling (e.g., VPN) is no solution at all.

God...and I thought I was ancient. Ditch the governments internet and go for Radios, interesting. After all....the internet (that we know of through the eye of Google) in and of itself IS a centralized platform where subsidiary centralized platforms reside (unlike the deep web)...Radio however...operates in the open air. Can the government control the air is the question....

No one studies phreaking anymore my friend. We'll have like....10 cult members communicating with eachother lmao

ETA: I was thinking. Don't you need a license to operate a Amateur radio? AMPRNet is thus a regulated entity...Spectrum monitoring systems would triangulate your location in seconds.

The only thing to worry about with the fediverse is ISP's blocking access to cross platform instances.
edit on 26-10-2023 by JimmyNeutr0nthe2nd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
as a completely new member to this thread..............

I support this effort.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If we dont save the internet. We will not save ATS...

new topics

top topics

join