It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas' Invasion of Mexican Cartel island with Gang Members in USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I say use a green smart bomb as the island is worth saving

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I guess? My quote is from the same article, it is a bit of a wonky situation.

I guess the image you posted is representative of the area before this operation began. I wonder if this is something the Feds signed off on or if the DOJ will sue Abbot like they did with the bouys a few weeks ago

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

you frickin tree hugger, national security is more important.

just kidding, if it would stop them from coming back sure, but if it's still there, the stupid hard head cartel bosses would just keep on using it. just like the wall, it's not going to stop illegal crossings, just slow it down some. their gonna keep on trying.
edit on 6-10-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: datguy

it is a bit of a wonky situation.

..why I pointed out the title of that article is missleading.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What ever happened to just launching fighter/bomber runs into Mexico and destroying the cartels?

Oh that's right, the Mexican presidente' didn't take kindly to that, inferring he wanted the continuation of his silent war upon the USA since kickbacks, and politicians in Arizona and elsewhere are also on the cartel's bribery payroll, so they ridiculed the idea of actually stopping the killing of American citizens and kids from all the drugs being brought in, not to mention the human trafficking.

The American leadership is a disgrace and they are the greatest threat to American lives and property, mostly the democrat party with Biden holding the reigns of failure.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

If only we would show the will to change the situation at the border, it would be a much easier problem to solve, because the people wont keep coming once word gets out we mean to not let them in.

It's that simple.

The border is open because they WANT IT THAT WAY.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

One of the live streamers showed this; I know nothing about these 3 organizers so, everyone do your due diligence if you decide to attend:

Hands Across Our Border
October 15, 2023 at 10:00am cst.
Eagle Pass=Piedras Negras International Bridge
Event by: Mark Eisenmann
Public· Anyone

October 15, 2023 at 10:00am cst.
Come join hands in solidarity with Julie Clark, Kyle KD Sims, Mark Eisenmann and hundreds of other Texans at the International Bridge in Eagle Pass, Texas. It is time to physically show that, as Texans, we stand as one to have our border closed! See less The Eagle Pass-Piedras Negras International Bridge is an international bridge which crosses the Rio Grande connecting the United States-Mexico border cities of Eagle Pass, Texas and Piedras Negras, Coahuila. The bridge is also known as "Eagle Pass Bridge 1" and "Puente Piedras Negras-Eagle Pass". The road continues into Eagle Pass as U.S. Route 57, and Piedras Negras as Mexican Federal Highway 57.DescriptionThe American side of the Eagle Pass-Piedras Negras International Bridge is currently owned by the Port of Eagle Pass, which also manages it. The bridge was originally constructed in 1927 and reconstructed in 1954, after the original bridge was destroyed by a flood, the bridge was reinforced in 1985. The bridge is two lanes wide and 1855ft long.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Ironically, I will be driving thru the El Paso/Juarez area on that day. I grew up near there and am making a trip to Roswell for the eclipse.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Two possibilities amongst untold others:

1. In retaliation, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT CARTELS DO, they can "cook" their customers with hot shots. Just "uncut" the dope and watch a wave of death almost immediately.

2. Speaking of fentanyl, if you consider the amounts being circulated by low and even mid-level dealers/traffickers, that encompass thousands, if not millions, of doses that could kill just as many, I mean, my God......

There are many ways to disperse a chemical attack using fentanyl that could actually kill thousands, possibly more.

Snap out of it people, this is far more dire than most can fathom. Put it this way, it's been 3 years and there's 7+ MILLION new, mostly unvetted illegals roaming around within our interior...

SOMETHING IS GOING TO GIVE.

The "FAFO" factor on both sides will have to be faced and addressed and that's going to take tough individuals to see that through. Unfortunately it will take an event to trigger the outrage needed to act, but that response better be swift and brutal. That's all these organizations know is brutality and it's coming in spades.

Unleash the militia or simply grab your gear and head south if you can, I'm dead serious. I wouldn't call you crazy if you did.

Long live the Republic.

edit on 10/6/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We have a large cartel run development in Texas right now called Colony Ridge and advertised to immigrants as Terrenos Colonias or Terrenos Houston north of Houston: This development has been there for many years and the population is exploding now. The developer has made political donations to Abbott and other Reps. The developer William Trey Harris charges 15% interest rates for a small lot; then if illegal immigrant stops paying monthly mortgage the property goes back to Mr. Harris. I wish I could quote this whole article:

now over 60 square miles and nearly the size of the nation’s capital, Washington, D.C. Its population is estimated to be anywhere between 50,000 to 75,000, and it is growing rapidly thanks to a marketing plan targeted at Texas’ hispanic population.

The Daily Wire surveyed the development by helicopter to assess the true extent of its growth. The flight began in the wealthy Woodlands neighborhood, but it was only minutes before the designer homes and pools gave way to half-built homes, dilapidated trailers, and heaps of trash.

Houses on the ground fly the flags of foreign countries and many homes display their addresses on spray painted pieces of plywood. Many structures, some of which are not hooked up to running water, were under construction, while others were unfinished but didn’t appear to be actively getting worked on. At least one plot of land didn’t have any structures at all, just a tent in the corner, nestled between shrubs. Stray dogs without collars could be seen trotting along the side of the underdeveloped streets.

Republican congressman Brian Babin, who represents a neighboring Texas district and also recently surveyed the development by helicopter, says Colony Ridge has doubled in size in recent years and is concerned about cartel activity. “It was very concerning to fly over it. It’s got an enormous footprint. In the three years since I last saw it, it looks like it’s pretty much doubled in size,” Babin told The Daily Wire.

“There is word that the cartels are playing a role in this area.” Representative Babin is not the only one concerned about potential cartel activity in the area. Members of law enforcement in the area explained that members of the Gulf and Sinaloa cartels had invested in Colony Ridge properties early on in order to set up safe houses for human and drug smuggling operations, Bensman reports in his book. “The Mexican cartels are very active in that they run safe houses, they run drugs, they do marijuana grows, they commit crimes,” Bensman explained, citing conversations he’s had with law enforcement. “This is a homeland security issue. It’s a public safety issue.”

Last year, a 16-year old girl was found dead from a gunshot wound in a ditch in Colony Ridge. And earlier this year an illegal immigrant in the area killed five neighbors, a family who was also here illegally, after they reportedly asked him to stop firing his semi-automatic rifle into the air late one night.

Ok sorry about this long quote it is the donations made by developer to many and businesses that are benefiting:

“There are some serious allegations that Republican politicians are involved in the development,” Chris Russo, the President of Texans for Strong Borders, told The Daily Wire, citing “massive political donations that’ve been made by the developers.” Russo pointed to Texas’ Republican governor, Greg Abbott, who has taken $1.4 million in political contributions from Trey Harris, according to campaign records. Harris’ wife, Celeste Harris, also donated $100,000 to Abbott’s campaign in 2018, records show. Her occupation is listed as “Colony Ridge Development.”

Asked about Colony Ridge, Abbott spokesman Andrew Mahaleris told The Daily Wire that the governor deployed public safety troopers to Liberty County to support the sheriff’s office but has not received requests for additional deployments. Mahaleris also said, “The Governor’s office will ensure the 2017 law the Governor signed banning sanctuary cities is upheld.” When asked about the large political contributions, Abbott’s office did not return a comment.

Other Republicans who have received money from Harris include Texas congressman Morgan Luttrell, who received three maximum contributions of $2,900 in the 2022 cycle. Luttrell told The Daily Wire he “just recently learned” about Colony Ridge. “I just recently learned about this area, and although it is not in my district, I am supporting Congressman Babin’s efforts to address any concerns or wrongdoings and protect our neighbors,” Luttrell said, referencing his colleague who has been critical of the development. “We are working closely with local elected officials and law enforcement to determine what actions we can take to address problems that may exist,” he said, specifically highlighting “cartel presence,” “gang activity,” and “trafficking.” “Regardless of any donation amount, the Congressman is beholden to no one,” his spokesman added when pressed on the campaign contributions, though he would not say whether he would return the contributions, or accept more in the future.

Harris has also made political contributions to state lawmakers in the area. He donated $5,000 to State Rep. Briscoe Cain, who represents neighboring house district 128, in 2020. Cain did not respond to a request for comment.

Harris also donated $1,800 to State Rep. Ernest Bailes, who represents House District 18, where Colony Ridge is located. With Bailes, the financial web grows more complicated — public records indicate that a construction and development company owned by a family member of Bailes was hired to conduct a massive project for Colony Ridge.
R&T Ellis, a pipeline construction, earthwork, and clearing company, paved the way for Colony Ridge’s expansion. The company boasted in 2018 that they helped build the “largest roller-compacted concrete development in the world,” referencing just one portion of the Colony Ridge development that consisted of 6,400 lots, 4,400 acres, and over 70 miles of road.
The company is owned by Randy Ellis — who appears to be a cousin of Bailes. He was also the single biggest donor to Bailes in the 2020 election cycle, contributing $10,000 in the 2020 election cycle and $1,000 in 2017.

Entergy, the energy company that services all six of the subdivisions that comprise Colony Ridge, also contributed $9,000 to Bailes through its political action committee, across the 2018, 2020, and 2022 election cycles.

State records show that Colony Ridge has spent anywhere from $221,750 to $482,879 for the services of lobbyist Chuck Rice and attorney Natalie Scott at Coat and Rose. Coat and Rose’s political action committee donated $6,500 to Bailes. Bailes did not respond to multiple requests for comment from The Daily Wire.

www.dailywire.com...

edit on 6-10-2023 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

this trey guy has definitely spent his share of money on politicians.
The trouble here is there is no telling how much has gone unreported.

www.opensecrets.org...
www.opensecrets.org...

Edit to add:
Something i just found in the news from today
Abbott sounds alarm on colony ridge
edit on 06pm311200000023 by datguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: datguy

Thanks for the links. I wonder why the Republicans didn’t go on the tour quoted from your article? That article paints a prettier picture of the situation than this NY post article does, lots of pictures included. It has the horror stories of people that “bought” land there, and impacts on surrounding communities.

nypost.com...

Towards the end of the post article it gives an accounting of a citizen of the town next to the development:

Plum Grove resident Michael Shrader, 53, planned to spend the rest of his life in a three-acre home that was worth about $250,000 in 2020. It was flooded four times and at the end, Shrader said, he was forced to sell it for $90,000. Shrader said he’s felt threatened since speaking out, not only about his damaged home but about the changes in the area. “As soon as the Colony started being developed, the murder rate suddenly jumps,” Shrader told The Post. “We started having dead bodies found out there. Somebody’s hand was brought up to their house by a dog. They found a body with a gun buried out there.”

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Here are some comments from your link... 😮
nypost.com...

Name should be changed to Bidenville.

I live behind here, and it sounds like Afghanistan some nights with drunken gunfire and circus music until 5am. Coming to more towns soon across America if the invasion is not stopped.

Not sure if the bi-lingual sign prohibiting (LOL) celebratory gunfire exists elsewhere, but at least it gives prospective buyers some idea of their neighbors.

Soon the entire country will look like this.

This is an attempt to stack a district with blue votes and eventually flip Texas. Just like Obama did in Minnesota with Somalis

Since when did America look like the slums of Colombia?
-- Since Biden.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think its time to dredge the island till its reduced to riverbed.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
It's not all happening inside the USA, in fact the island does not belong to the USA.

In reality, neither does Texas.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Quintilian

In reality, neither does Texas.

hey mexico started both the wars that ceded Texas to the Republic of Texas, during the Mexician Federal War / Teaxes Revolution. against a spainish born dictator in New Spain ( Viceroyalty of New Spain )/ Mexico antonio , lópez de santa anna.

then all the rest of the land that all the whinny mexicans claims belong to them was for payment of war debt owed the U.S. after the Mexican–American War in the treaty of Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, plus the U.S added some cash for some of the land.

so it was a a straight up peace deal and purchase.

learn some history.

ETA: forgot to add that it was 15 million the U.S. paid, which is half of what was offered to antonio lópez de santa anna before the war. [

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

learn some history.

Lolol.

Your version of "history"was courtesy of the US education system, I presume?

ETA: forgot to add that it was 15 million the U.S. paid, which is half of what was offered to antonio lópez de santa anna before the war. [

Luckily we have a video (below) of Trist and his attache discussing the US method of "negotiation". lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Quintilian

aw ain't that precious, can't argue with facts so revert to insults and sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This guy Peter Santenello did a series on everything "Border life" earlier this year. He had no preconceived notions & did his best to show how things are. From speaking to Ranchers, Border Patrol ride-alongs, the immigration holding facilities (which are ginormous) He also did a river ride-along with those the Cajun Navy.

Not pimping his channel for clicks. His work being recent & not MSM controlled is why it's worth watching.
Unfortunately you have to go to YT & click directly on his channel.
He's set it so people can't do a link.

edit on 6-10-2023 by Caver78 because: YT video's won't link.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

30 days? My friend, give our boys a little more credit than that jeez. Our mobilized military force could easily secure our southern border within a handful of days from the point of deployment after activation. The Mexican government is not going to engage us in war to protect international terrorists and drug traffickers. Activation happens once the forces are in place to move. Just say engage, and things will be secure by the weekend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join