It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun, ANZ bank massive system outages, withdrawal limits, hack or something else.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NewNobodySpecial268

I hark for the old days, prior to 1995. Where life was simpler, you go into a teller to get cash out.

The internet was in its infancy, far less risk than today.

Though this is really funny, a bit offensive be warned.

m.youtube.com...

edit on 29-9-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

Though oddly in Victoria a new law is coming into force that police have been instructed not to help intoxicated or at risk people.

The cull has begun, allowing predators to kidnap, tape etc drunk women, and have no duty if care.

The police are against this law, though the Andrews gubment do not care.

I can see an increase in domestic violence when a person is intoxicated either a victim or perpetrator, because of this law change.

www.abc.net.au...

These changes add to the big picture.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

ROFL . . . he'd have to be an Aussie : )

Yeah the good old days when the only reason the man in the street had a bank account was for a mortgage. The youngans probably won't believe us if we said wages were paid in cash.

LOL, as nickyw said on page one:

originally posted by: nickyw
been seeing it a play out here for weeks now, but i see it more as the rush to make digital scalable has failed as badly as the rush to get intermittent windmills/solar to replace fossil fuels.

our base loads that is fossil fuels and cash are here to stay as the infrastructure isn't there to replace them.. the entire systems need overhauling first..

its a f*ck up of epic proportions..

Maybe the silly green agenda will save us from the cashless society. No electricity means no computers, and no cuppacinno's for the yuppies.

When that happens, an ordinary Aussie might stand for election on the basis of turning on the coal-fired power stations.

I bet he or she would win.

edit on 9/29/2023 by NewNobodySpecial268 because: neatness

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   

its really fascinating to watch, they've honestly not thought any of it through, for everyone to have evs the electric grids all ` need upgrading to get digital cash working they needs the old telecoms grids upgrading, in the process they also want to roll back privacy and encryption to allow the state to micromanage what people say/do, thus leaving it all unsecure and open to hacking..

none if it is workable, it's all 70s academic pipe dreams, along with 15 min cities its can't be done, if they'd started building reactors and upgrading the infrastructure in the 70s 80s 90s. we might be part way there but we're decades away and looking at failure on a scale historians will be studying for centuries to come..

as you say it opens the door for new people to challenge the uniparty dominating the west, that'll start in earnest next year and will set the real tempo of where we go next..
edit on 29-9-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Lol great Aussie humour. I hope someone turns the coal powered stations back on.

I hate the backroads desks Dan Andrews did with the greens to pass his Covid lick up laws.

No gas in new houses all electric only.

It’s a clown world.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

You have put a smile on my face with the thought the whole lot is gonna fall flat on it's face.

Well done!

Have a virtual beer

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: robsmith

Lol great Aussie humour. I hope someone turns the coal powered stations back on.

I hate the backroads desks Dan Andrews did with the greens to pass his Covid lick up laws.

No gas in new houses all electric only.

It’s a clown world.

they will have to.. just as the uk will open new mines and build more coal power plants as a stop gap to replace the baseload they've removed while they work on delivering SMRs

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Andrews will probably disappear just as quick as our west Aussie premier did. When the writting is on the wall, they're gone in a flash. Laws can be repealed with the stroke of a pen.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I know, though Dan loves compensation payments. His 1 billion on the east West link was paid out.

Cancelling the commonwealth games 360 million.

Though who knows what clauses are in all these other contracts for payouts if cancelled or withdrawn he has placed in them.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewNobodySpecial268

You have put a smile on my face with the thought the whole lot is gonna fall flat on it's face.

Well done!

Have a virtual beer

thanks.. cheers back.. but it's not that it will it is actually failing now in slow motion.. we can see this in many aspects from the rise in wood stove installs to the crashing prices of evs, its now cheaper to buy/use an ev as an personal emergency backup battery for the home that consider its use as personal transport.

really not thought any of this through have they..

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

We need reliable power generation. Tonight it’s about 20 degrees and I hear neighbours around the area have the air con going, and there’s occasional moments where the lights would flick off for a split second.

It’s not even summer, goes to show the systems already straining.

edit on 29-9-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

very true but in the meanwhile we need to think like barbarians, my home uses between 3-5kw a day so a 24-30kw Nissan costing $7000aus acting an emergency backup battery could be pushed for a few days use, if matched with a $1300aus 3kw lpg generator and 45kg cylinder (100hr runtime) that could cover vand extended emergency.

as a 70s child I've already got various gas heaters for the cold nights and i never want to be that cold again... normal childhood where a bedside glass of water freezes overnight was my 70s.. f*ck letting that happen again.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

a reply to: DerBeobachter

Cash is king!!

Yes cash is king, bbbuuuttt, just where do you get your cash from? Oh yes, the same institutions that are pulling the digital currency scam. It all started years ago when companies started paying your wages into a bank account. The reason they gave was they didn't have to handle large amounts of cash. Wages/pensions paid into bank accounts, the banks have first dibs on your money therefore control over you. Until companies/businesses start using cash again it will never stop. The only other method to combat it is the barter system, no cash.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Don't buy gold: running for cover w it and your family won't get it...too heavy n you can get killed for it. Quick.

And electronic "funds"...Bitcoin whatever....without electronics...down n all...you won't get your funds either. Keep cash...change even ...

*Survival Disaster Training taught us....there are serious flaws in what we understand will be important.

$$... is not it when there is no commerce...and your 3 teenage neighbors are looking to take whatever it is you have and they don't.

The banking issue you're seeing. You're correct. But...it's just the beginning ..

Peace

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

a reply to: DerBeobachter

Cash is king!!

And that is the problem for those who try to create a dystopian future for us peasants. Cash gives us peasants "a bit" of liberty/freedom. And it can´t be switched off by pressing a button.

Here in Germany TPTB try everything to make it harder and harder to get cash, they want you to do everything online, want you to pay everything with your spyPhone or at least cards. For example, my bank, the Postbank, if one of their ATM machines breaks it will be removed, not repaired. And somehow, those three ATM machines at the Postbank headquarter 1-2km away, is always out of service a few minutes after the Postbank has closed. Almost every night and nearly every full weekend. Nobody can tell me that these only are coincidences.

But it doesn´t work here, people love "their" cash money. There are discounters (i know exactly one) with self check out (or how it is called), no cashier. And there are two "oldschool" cash registers with cashiers next to it. That self check out sh!t is always empty and the two oldschool cash registers are always full of customers. In many locations you can´t even pay with cards, plastic "money" here. Must have a good reason for those people not to accept anything else than "real" money. Possibly bad experiences were made with other payment methods except cash.

I personally never paid even only once with a card in my whole life because there simply is no reason to do it. It takes longer at the cash register, people often have to subscribe their bill because the supermarket/discounters knows somehow via the bank data that these people are poor and once had problems to pay something with their card. And with cash in your hands/pockets, you instantly notice how it get´s less after buying stuff. I have never been in debt to a bank for overdrawing my account. I only always bought and still buy what i can afford. When my money arrives i take it instantly home in form of cash. The bank will "work" with my money to make more money with it, without giving me anything for using my money to make more money (here, my tiny middle-finger, dear banksters). And i feel much safer if my money is with me instead in form of 0`s and 1`s on a banksters account. If i need a little "credit" then i lend some cash from friends and pay it back sooner than promised.

Yes, cash is king and people worldwide should use it more often, should take an example from us germans who cherish, care for and love cash before any other payment option. For very good reasons!

I 100% agree with you. I avoid the stupid self-checkout registers , and always go to the cashier register instead. I do pay with a card , but that's because of my social anxiety unfortunately. If I avoid using a card ,using a card will be more stressful for me ( I worry there will be a fraud block or whatever) . In the beginning , with the new chip reader , it was very stressful for a while. I'm used to it now . All down to worry about standing there and me being an idiot not doing it correctly or too quick etc . I always carry cash, $100 minimum. If it were up to me, cards would vanish and it would revert back 100% to cash only. Simple and always works. No stress, no worries, no anxiety .

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Just a software glitch and resolved within a couple of hours.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

But what drongo pushed something to live on a Friday? There's decades of good practice that says you never do it as should something go wrong half the people you need to fix it have buggered off to some pub and won't answer any phonecall and even if they did would you trust them?

Manglement want new and flash updates to show off but you never see a c grade person at 3am driving hours to get some backup tapes or even do the bare min of getting the staff a few pizzas and perhaps a brewski.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
We know we have a big nationwide announcement on October 4th along with a service test for all cell phones in the country. Maybe they will be telling us that our money has been officially converted to fedcoin credits.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

more like the gov informing people their response to the coming crash.. we've sailed to close to wind too many times over the last year to keep being lucky every time, at some point the luck will run out..

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
JHC

Everyone whines about this crap. Yet you do nothing. You lay in your bed at night in fear.
You haven’t the backbone for the fight.
You don’t want to be bothered. You want for everything and do nothing to secure it. You want it handed to you. You never were taught nor understand the cost.

….and that’s why they will win.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join