It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Civilization

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Maybe Iceland?

My sister-in-law had a Pagan wedding there.
My daughter drove around the whole place and scuba dived into a big fault line.

I can probably blend in, lay low. As long as I'm not required to make some oath in front of God and everybody, I should be okay.

Elize Ryd.

I had to look up the lyrics. She's co-lyricist wikipedia says.

Archangel

[Verse 1]
We brood in a land that is struck by disease
A visage so vivid I see, but it's just so unreal
I mourn for the fallen demons, leviathan carries my will
Confounded, yet I am immortal, the ultimate torment I feel

[Chorus]
Archangel rise, the trinity has synchronized
A remedy for humankind (Oh, oh-oh, oh-oh-oh)
Archangel has fallen down
Against the odds we bring a bloodless sacrifice
From hell on earth to paradise (Oh, oh-oh, oh-oh-oh)

[Verse 2]
See a red moon rise up, an omen of grief
The son of the morning descends from Elysium's creed
I sing for the fallen angels, I carry them under my wings
I'm frozen but still undefeated, for the abandoned I sing

[Chorus]

[Reprise]
I sing for the fallen angels, I carry them under my wings
Frozen but still undefeated, for the abandoned I sing

[Chorus]

edit on 19-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I honestly don't think I'll have to move. The moment some evangelical heavy ruling tells California it can't do something it will vote secede in a 'non-fetal heartbeat'.

America could yet became the great empire that broke apart after 250 years over trannies and abobos.
edit on 19-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I came to discover Elize Ryd through this song and through my favorite singer, Alissa White-Gluz 'Von Frankenstein', who does the harsh part. Who can also sing soprano, which is why she is amazing.

Lyrics:

A passing life each day a carving on the wall
It's like a night without awaking
The truth is lost and maybe never to be found
Like the shadows of my pantomine

When all the world is gathered for the final feast
Will there be someone to believe in me?
Voices echoing in my distorted mind
Is this for real or just a dream?
(Am I losing my mind? I am not afraid, my dear)

Sing for me angel of afterlife, calming me down
Chaos inside my nebula
And make the wrong turn to right in a celestial light
Forgive my sacrimony

Tell me what they say, that I'm supposed to know
Tell me every little detail
Make truth appear for me as distant memories
Like pictures on a silver screen

It all becomes clear
The truth will appear
Forever a debt for you and me

Chaos inside my nebula
Forgive my sacrimony

Make some noise, Tilburg!
And now leave me alone
Let me erase my memory
Don't want to hear, don't want to see
Don't want to think about the lie that follows me

It all becomes clear
But no one will hear my testimony

I am your angel of afterlife, calming you down
Silence inside your nebula
And when the wrong turns to right in a celestial light
I'll be your sacrimony

Chaos inside my nebula
Forgive my sacrimony

edit on 19-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   

So I was playing one of the oldies:

and over on the right I saw:
Paul Simon contemplates faith, death and the existence of God

And the songs he talks about:
Seven Psalms: The Lord / Love Is Like a Braid / My Professional Opinion / Your Forgiveness /...

I haven't listened to the whole interview yet, but it seems that he has that same type of uberman (Polyphasic sleep) thing going on and waking up with words.

I haven't listened to the songs yet either, sort of busy on threads, like three at once.

======
So now that I have listened to the album, lyrics HERE, I've accidently written a poem inspired by this thread and Paul Simon's album. To be posted in Short Story forum.

edit on 19-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: redchad

I don't know what you're going on about.

Even angels in the Bible say that they are mere messengers and servants to the Lord.

As for the word "virgin" in the Bible being mistranslated from Hebrew to Greek, where did you get that nonsense? The original New Testament that tells the birth story of Jesus WAS ORIGINALLY written in Greek.

Sorry not originally in Greek! The consensus of modern scholars is that the New Testament was written in Greek and that an Aramaic source text was used for portions of the New Testament, especially the gospels.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

If I understand this correctly, the Emperor, aware that there was a religion spreading in the Empire was desiring to get an official definition of what that religion was. So he called a bunch of experts within the religion to define it authoritatively.

They met in Nicaea in AD 325.

Lol no they weren’t experts they were just bishops of the Holy Roman Empire. Over 2000 were invited but only 300+ turned up. They were just old bishops that had to tow the party (Roman) line.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Some did make representations that the religion should be based in Jerusalem as opposed to Rome but were accused of heresy.

The Bible told us long ago that the majority of the Jews will never accept Jesus as the Messiah. Two thirds will be cut off and only one third (the remnant) will be saved and come to know God. The Jews don't have "eyes to see" or "ears to hear" (meaning the Holy Spirit) to decipher their own Old Testament scripture for them. That is why Christianity could never be based in Jerusalem.

Zechariah 13:6-9 - 6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Sorry but you’re doing it again! Lol you’re quoting the Constantine book. This is the emperor of Rome who put together a selection of books and is now your bible. Anyone who disagreed with the book were classified as heretics. Then Constantine the emperor declared himself gods representative on earth. And your now quoting his book well done he would be proud of you.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I guess the point we are trying to make is, did the emperor write the books or did he just assemble texts written 100's of years before his birth?

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

bishops of the Holy Roman Empire. Over 2000 were invited but only 300+ turned up. They were just old bishops that had to tow the party (Roman) line.

A little bit before Holy Roman Empire. So the bishops didn't represent all possible viewpoints within the Empire.

For the sake of this thread, pointed out by a poster as parochial to U.S. politics; there were no U.S. bishops attending that council or any other Ecumenical council related to Roman definition of Christianity.

And the U.S. never surrendered to the Roman Empire, so as to become subject nation to Rome.

Roman religionists are free to live in this post-Enlightenment founded country with full freedom of religion.

I do not recognize "their freedom to dictate civil (Worldly) morality based on their interpretation of their religion" as legitimate freedom for all. That's what the thread is about.

edit on 20-9-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Untun

I guess the point we are trying to make is, did the emperor write the books or did he just assemble texts written 100's of years before his birth?

He looked at the written material around at the time and cherry picked what suited the direction he wanted to go. He called himself gods representative on earth and picked the popes at the time. But as time went on the popes took control and they decided who would be king. But only if they were in agreement with Constantine’s book. It all evolved from there.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm sure no god cares about it and we have to do it all by ourselves and nothing is going to magically appear out of nothing. So we had the bastads making a book, we better get rid of it, we don't want anyone deceived. We need them to believe in the existence of time with nothing to fear. Everything would just work out fine and the world would be a better place instead of them going to hell.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: redchad

I don't know what you're going on about.

Even angels in the Bible say that they are mere messengers and servants to the Lord.

As for the word "virgin" in the Bible being mistranslated from Hebrew to Greek, where did you get that nonsense? The original New Testament that tells the birth story of Jesus WAS ORIGINALLY written in Greek.

Sorry not originally in Greek! The consensus of modern scholars is that the New Testament was written in Greek and that an Aramaic source text was used for portions of the New Testament, especially the gospels.

I believe you are wrong.

The New Testament was originally written in Greek, which was the common language of the Roman Empire from the conquests of Alexander the Great (335–323 BC) until the evolution of Byzantine Greek (c. 600). The writers wished to reach a broad, Gentile audience, not just a Jewish audience, and Greek was the language of scholarship during the years of the composition of the New Testament from 50 to 100 AD. Many Jews could not even read Hebrew anymore, which disturbed the Jewish leaders a lot. The New Testament gospels and epistles were only part of a Hellenist Jewish culture in the Roman Empire, where Alexandria had a larger Jewish population than Jerusalem, and Greek was spoken by more Jews than Hebrew.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Sorry but you’re doing it again! Lol you’re quoting the Constantine book. This is the emperor of Rome who put together a selection of books and is now your bible. Anyone who disagreed with the book were classified as heretics. Then Constantine the emperor declared himself gods representative on earth. And your now quoting his book well done he would be proud of you.

I'm sorry that you don't understand what's been written so you keep repeating these old tired lies and excuses. How many times are you going to copy and paste that reply anyway?

By the way, the book of Zechariah was written between the 5th and 6th centuries b.c.

Once again, I'll remind you, just because a group of people in Rome decided what EXISTING texts should be accumulated into a Bible, doesn't mean that the Romans wrote it.

Just look at it as me quoting from an ANCIENT TEXT that existed long before Constantine and get yourself a new line of response.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm sorry that you don't understand what's been written so you keep repeating these old tired lies and excuses. How many times are you going to copy and paste that reply anyway?

By the way, the book of Zechariah was written between the 5th and 6th centuries b.c.

Once again, I'll remind you, just because a group of people in Rome decided what EXISTING texts should be accumulated into a Bible, doesn't mean that the Romans wrote it.

Just look at it as me quoting from an ANCIENT TEXT that existed long before Constantine and get yourself a new line of response.

Yawn! This is getting boring, there were lots and lots of books/gospels written that didn’t get chosen to go into the New Testament too many to spend my time writing them here. The ones that are in were chosen by Constantine and the bishop of Alexandria, Athanasius. Over 2000 bishops from across the Roman Empire were invited but only 300+ actually attended to agree the chosen books. So Constantine chose all the books of the New Testament which you now quote! Followers of JC did not like the direction Rome was going In particular because Constantine declaring himself gods representative on earth so left the Holy lands because of persecution being classed as heretics. They spread across the trading world into France, Briton and Ireland. Where they set up churches to spread their message. Obviously this wasn’t liked by Rome who subsequently sent St Augustine to Briton to address the issue. However there are still small groups preaching the truth about JC.
I’m sorry if you don’t like the truth and it’s repetitive but that is the truth! As for the Old Testament well academics are generally agreed that most of the content is copied from older more ancient beliefs. Have a good weekend!
edit on 21-9-2023 by redchad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

However there are still small groups preaching the truth about JC.

What exactly is yours/their definition of the truth about J.C.?

As for the rest of your statement, all I read is the usual repeat of blah, blah, and blah with no substance, argument, or meaning. You keep going on about WHO collected the books of the Bible, but you've never addressed the HOW they decided which books to include. Maybe you should study that for awhile. It MIGHT help you to come to a better understanding so you don't come across as a one trick pony.

edit on 21-9-2023 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join